What game would you like to see?

Latest News and Updates from PowerVS.
IgmanStein

Re: SOUNDDDDDDD

Postby IgmanStein » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:30 am

Originally posted by [A.S.H.]ironman
hey alll

Why does the sound keep fucking up..and i have to bind a key to s_stop to restart it again?????..

iv got a 128 soundblaster?????:rotflmao:

Try adjusting your SOUNDMEGS. Thsi is the amount of memory alotted to sound in RTCW. The default is something wimpy like 16. You can double that and it should stop the problem.

To do this:

1. Drop down the console (hit ~)
2. Type /com_hunkmegs to see the current setting.
3. Type /com_hunkmegs xx (where xx is the amount of memory you want to allocate to sound - 32 should be enough).
4. Restart the game.
5. Drop down the console again.
6. Type /com_hunkmegs to verify that the change took place.

Since I made that change, my sound never crashes. Hope that helps.

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:21 pm

I think you should scratch the whole idea of the winter beach. Not only is it not factual...it's also not "that" great. If you do the history, we never invaded beach in the winter. The war was over by then

Sir Fartsalot

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:16 pm

Igman: does typing this in once change the setting permanently, or am I going to have to change this everytime I play? I've never messed with the scripting and the config files.

ironman: the winter map sounds cool but having every player download the map as they come in is going to make for shitty bandwidth, and therefore, horrible game play. Of course, game maps are hosted on this server, and you could just have to download it to play.

do we have any good mapmakers in the group of regular players?

IgmanStein

Postby IgmanStein » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:37 am

Originally posted by Sir Fartsalot
Igman: does typing this in once change the setting permanently, or am I going to have to change this everytime I play? I've never messed with the scripting and the config files.

The setting is saved to your config file but can be changed at any time. It will use that setting everytime you start the game so you don't have to keep changing it.

Sir Fartsalot

Postby Sir Fartsalot » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:36 pm

Okay, thought so. Tried that last night and had only one time where the sound appeared to drop, but I didnt have to do anything to bring it back. Maybe it was just my hearing! :)

Previous

Return to News and Updates