What game would you like to see?

Latest News and Updates from PowerVS.
Casus

What game would you like to see?

Postby Casus » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:16 pm

I'm thinking of putting up a couple more servers, and would be interested in hearing what are the hot one's out there like BF1942 and RTCW?

I'd prefer something that ran under linux if at all possible, and have been thinking of an UT2003 server, what do you guys think?

MF

JoG

Postby JoG » Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:33 pm

We need a UT server bad!

Casus

Workin' on it...

Postby Casus » Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:11 pm

I'm workin' on it..

Anyone know how much of a hog it is? What is the max # of players it can support?

MF

JoG

Postby JoG » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:50 am

I think you can goto 32 players. I think it is a bit of a hog. However, I dont have any specifics.Ilan is charging more for them then any other server. Check out their site www.ilangame.com If you asked nicely in the forums you will get a very direct answer most likely.;)

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:12 am

A UT03 server would be great, Im gonna get the game real soon, too bad there is no way in hell there would be enough interest for a Q3A instagib server...

Casus

I will..

Postby Casus » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:43 pm

I will look at getting a UT2003 server UP ASAP!

You know how to admin it Gil?

MF

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:46 pm

I'm sure I could learn :P

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:33 pm

Yeah what we need...

1) better vote ratio its now like 99 to 1 to win vote..thats shitty...
2) chat option on this server so we can chat with other rtcw players and admins...
3) we need a message bord were we..the users'..can hangup messageá for other players to read.......
4)make fly nights..let players fight flying
5)disable map voting or swap voting eneble only kick..
6)more respawning time..to give medic better change and not so many players running around
7)lower ur spawn(adverticement)time its very annouying too see it every 10 sec's..mouth to mouth is best adverticement........

[A.S.H.]ironman (capt.) ..........All Super Hero's............

thx admin for letting us ply and unlimited ammo..but dont kick random players..thats just rude.....:mad: :beer:

i have played rtcw sinds the old version 10 years ago..the new one as soon as there was a demo.

.AND THIS SERVER RULEZZZZZZZZ
Greetings to Motha and Hmee good and all other admin's

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:45 pm

1. Nothing I can do about vote ratio
2. You mean like a IRC channel? I believe another member was going to set one up.
3. Isnt that what this is?
4. I was already thinking about that idea. I was thinking more like a low grav panzer/unlimited ammo fragfest. Or maybe knife only games?
5. Map voting is already disabled, I will add swap teams to the list.
6. Axis respawn is 15 sec and Allies is 7 sec, what would you like to see?
7. I will lower the time.

WarlordOfMars

Keep respawn time the same

Postby WarlordOfMars » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:44 am

One of the reasons I like this server is because the respawn times are short. Nothing more annoying than to wait 30 or more seconds to frag someone.

Your server is perfect, don't change anything.

[A.S.H.]ironman

SOUNDDDDDDD

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:41 pm

hey alll

Why does the sound keep fucking up..and i have to bind a key to s_stop to restart it again?????..

iv got a 128 soundblaster?????:rotflmao:

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:10 pm

Well as far as sound dropping out, its cause the beach map wasnt made for 64 players. As far as I can tell anyway. On Depot on HP it doesnt drop out for me or on Market Garden with the same player count. Those maps are made to support that many players, while I think the max supported count for Beach is only 32.

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:55 pm

What can we do more......

hmeee hi all its me again

1) knife-sniper or nade nights
2) give engineer choice of time dyna like in single player 15 20 25 30 35 40 secs.....the longer u hold it the more secs untill 15 again
3)Lowgravity or luna game...
4)beach at winter,....nice map same as beach only at winter with snow very nice map

Thats all..
Can u change our message rate its at 60 sec..then we still have to use msn or icq....
and when do i go off of the junior member heheh its pretty shitty being junior again heheheh:(

can u raise ur server level to 3...i wanna make a demo but server wouldt allow me..

[A.S.H.]ironman

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:20 pm

1. In the works
2. Impossible, its only available in SP.
3. In the works
4. Only problem with this is that EVERYONE would have to download it since its not bundled with the game.

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:02 pm

True

its not in the bundelt game.
.but aslong as you got it..and set the server on download/upload..if someone clicks on the server name and u dont have the map.it will ask i'v u wanna download it,,,,i'v the person/player has got cablke it will take 5/10 minuts to download......

ironman:flame:

Next

Return to News and Updates