Pretty messed up....

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Pretty messed up....

Postby SHWoff » Sun May 18, 2003 12:43 pm

I have to say that, while I enjoy playing while making sure that teams are even and will usually join the team that has the least number of people (even if I have to go to the team that getting clocked), it's pretty messed up when you get kicked when:

1. The other team is full of smacktards, tkers, and plane-campers and can't keep an even team because they keep getting kicked.

2. You get kicked without an *admin warning*. Some players spam 'teams' when they're off by 1 or 2 - Admin warnings are the only thing that should matter. I only look at the teams when I die or when an admin warns that they're off. I'll usually switch immediately unless I think I'm being invaluable to my team (usually by attracting all the enemy fire) :)

3. You are lower on the points because you are a *scout* supplying targets and info to your team but not getting the kills.

Proof in point: Market Garden 10:15 pdt. Playing under the ingame name of JustinCase (I do this when the kids are stirring...). Playing scout for Axis. Targeting the church and watching the road from the airfield. Early in the game: Axis: ~475 Allies: ~450. 3 kills - no deaths (pretty good hiding place...). Kickfest - I assume for plane campers and tkers. Suddenly, BOOM! Kicked from server. Got back in and joined Allies. Relayed the following message on the chat:

JustinCase: Its pretty messed up when you get kicked because the other team...
JustinCase: ...is full of smacktards, and tkers.

BOOM! Kicked again. Probably upset someone with my rant.

Now, I realize that teams may have been off. I also realize that my score was 3-0 and probably on the bottom of the list (and usually the kicks are bottom-up until the teams are even). But, with zero deaths, it could also be assumed that I was performing some other duty than just assault and conquest.

Oh, well. See you tomorrow. Don't want to get banned for 3 kicks in a day... Hope we get more *admin warnings* before
the kicks start flying....please....
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day...

Postby Camel toe joe » Sun May 18, 2003 1:33 pm

the problem with warnings is chat lag

Postby SHWoff » Sun May 18, 2003 1:40 pm

I agree with that. But it gives a chance...

Problem is: without a warning, just kicking from the bottom up (with no regard to k:d:r) may get rid of a key member of the opposing team (ex: a scout supplying targets so that infantry and armor can move up...)....
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day...

Postby Camel toe joe » Sun May 18, 2003 1:48 pm

BTW the ban is only if you get 3kicks from the bot. Admins can kick all day long and you won't be banned

Postby FarginMofo » Sun May 18, 2003 2:15 pm

If that was MG today between 1-2pm EST than it was me. First game allies went from having all the flags right at the start to none of the flags just a short while later because of the smacktard festival at the airfield. After I was through there and tried to get back into the game I noticed one of my teammates spamming the "even teams" msg. I looked and the teams were off by at least 7 players.

I usually type out a warning knowing it probably won't do any good since chat lag will have it show up 10 minutes later but I type it out anyway. Since a teammate had already spammed out the msg, I kicked like I always do for uneven teams - bottom up by scores. I usually don't bother with evening teams up unless the difference is 4 or more.

Theres 2 problems: 1. Chat lag like I mentioned before.
2. Volunteers who switch over to the losing team are usually few . If I wait for people to switch on their own after seeing a typed msg, I'll be waiting a very long time. By that time, kicking to even teams up would be pointless since the damage has been done already.

Shwoff, here is a tip for the future. I'm about to start kicking axis in order to even teams up so I sort the list by lowest score first. I see 2 axis nicks right at the top - Shwoff and JustinCase. Shwoff - regular, uses TS, good teamplayer, plays support, etc. JustinCase - don't know this player.
Who do you think I will kick?
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Sun May 18, 2003 3:00 pm

As an admin I have all but given up on trying to relay warnings pre-kick... The lag is almost always a factor and then you have to hope that the guy is paying attention (most don't)... I have not had to do the team balance thing any time recently. I do make sure that I say something over teamspeak pre-kickfest, basically because I expect intelligent team play from the regs. I have warned a few times that I will boot regs if the team thing continues to be an issue, haven't had to yet.

As for the second kick without a response... No real excuse. If I kick someone and they come back wanting answers, I will usually do my best to give it to them. I don't normally kick people for being irritated or irritating, just game play.

Postby FarginMofo » Sun May 18, 2003 5:33 pm

One more thing, to prevent any confusion, I didn't kick anyone for ranting. That was either a) bot, b) another admin or c) the crash a few minutes after I evened teams that booted everyone off the server.
"Who's we sucka!?"

Postby SHWoff » Sun May 18, 2003 11:12 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Haven't been able to play much lately. Wasn't too hip on being kicked on my 2nd map. For now on, I'll play with my regular in-game name to prevent any mistaken identity (...and, I'll try to get 10 or so kills right off the bat so I'm not 1st in line when it's kick-time).

Postby FarginMofo » Sun May 18, 2003 11:15 pm

Watch out, if you get 10 or so kills right off the bat I might have to kick you for using cheats. ;)
"Who's we sucka!?"

Postby SHWoff » Sun May 18, 2003 11:18 pm

...Oh, and keep up the great work! I know it'd be hard for me to give up my playing time to deal with the smacktards, tkers, and plane-campers (no offense to any group that I left out). You guys do a great job.

Have a drink or two on me.

:beer: :beer:

Return to Been Banned?