Possible Admin controversy?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Possible Admin controversy?

Postby Colonel Ingus » Mon May 19, 2003 10:58 pm

I may be asking for a ton of shit here and will be willing to risk it in hopes that this was just some momentary abberation and not the sign of things to come.

I love playing on ECGNetwork. The server rules are exactly what I think this game needs and I always have a ton of fun on your server.

In a brief preface to this let me say that I have found the admins on your server to be great and very fairminded. I suggest playing on this server to everyone I know who plays BF1942.

The other day (Saturday May 17th, Sunday May 18th.) I was playing on the server on the "Market Garden" map. I was on Axis with I believe up to 5 admins (on both sides) playing during the game.

I was mainly manning AA guns and every single time I saw the B17 there was an admin (I believe his name was "Kristov?") flying it.

At one point during the game i see him type a message along these lines "Player ??? if you try to get into MY b17 again I will ban you" For the entire remainder of the map he was the only pilot I saw in the B17.

Now I am sure I don't know everything about this issue and maybe it has already been addressed. There may have been an issue with that player I am unaware of. there may have been no one else on the airfield every time the B17 spawned.

Once again I have had a very satisfying time on your servers in the majority. Bulliwyf? and Farginmofo have not only been exemplary players but they have been exemplary admins!

Please explain if this was a misunderstanding on my part. Thanks and I will (hopefully) be seeing you soon on ECGNetwork's BF1942 server!

Signed, A concerned player.:ar15:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ... Benjamin Franklin

Postby Mugzy » Mon May 19, 2003 11:05 pm

I would be willing to bet that the guy Kristov was yelling at shot up the tail of the plane the last time he was in it.

The reason you may see admins in planes all the time is because we play this damn game WAY too much and know when they will be spawning.

Mugzy
Mugzy
Senior Admin
Admin tool developer

Postby aleste » Mon May 19, 2003 11:09 pm

Or the guy tried to steal it as he repaired it.

Postby Colonel Ingus » Mon May 19, 2003 11:12 pm

Good point Mugzy. I did not think off the old "Ahole shooting the tail off" aspect.:D

Just want to make sure this wasn't a "Its MINE MINE MINE" incident.

I lose 1-2 Aichi Val's on take off in Coral Sea due to idiots doing that.:ar15:

Just hoping Kristov? or another admin addresses this to render my post moot.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ... Benjamin Franklin

Ralph Wiggum

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Mon May 19, 2003 11:18 pm

A side issue, but are you on TS Ingus?

Postby Colonel Ingus » Tue May 20, 2003 12:35 am

Well ain't that the shit!

I post this message, I join the ECGNetwork server. I am sitting at the allied runway on Kharkov sniping onto the Hills. I get a message from "Kristov"

"Don't steal peoples vehicles.

I say wth are you talking about?

Then I said If you think I am FUCK you then watch me!

and now I am banned.

I KNOW there are some pretty good admins on this server. Don't let someones immature play like Kristov ruin this server please!

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Tue May 20, 2003 12:38 am

Kristov is a great pilot in the B-17, when he played a lot before he would always get top score using the B-17, us regulars have screenshots and terrible experiences from him bombing our asses into the ground...I am positive that he must had good reason to say that in the game.

Postby Chacal » Tue May 20, 2003 12:43 am

Err... actually, Colonel Ingus, after that you said "And if you think I am, then FUCK you, watch me".
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue May 20, 2003 12:49 am

Ahhhhhhhhhh theres always 2 sides to a story.

Postby Colonel Ingus » Tue May 20, 2003 12:51 am

and that resulted in a ban. I think its pretty shitty for an admin to ban people because I posted a "could" be negative article about him.

I will be trying to recind this ban tomorrow with some good admins like MMMgood, Farginmofo, and others.

I hope this was a mistake on Kristov's behalf and not a general new consensus from ECGN.

ECGN is a good place and I like it. I hope this was an accident and not someone being reprehensive

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue May 20, 2003 12:59 am

Yeah telling an admin F**K YOU will get you banned by any admin. Kristov might be the only admin here that might actually un-ban you for a total lack of jugdement like that.

BTW this needs to be moved to the whines and complaints forum.

Postby Colonel Ingus » Tue May 20, 2003 1:14 am

I am big enough to admit this could be in response to my foul mouth.

I am probably burning up energy thinking it was in response to my "could be construed negatively" post about him earlier.

If he hasn;t read it and was a response to my vitriol then I apologize. If it was in response to my vitriol then I have nothing more to say.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue May 20, 2003 2:13 am

Thread moved

Postby Chacal » Tue May 20, 2003 12:10 pm

Seeing that you posted the first message while Kristov was playing, he's not likely to have read it beforehand.

I was following the game closely last night, and there was a problem with people stealing vehicles while the driver/pilot was repairing, which is quite annoying. One's patience can wear off quickly.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Sidekick Floppy » Tue May 20, 2003 12:48 pm

One advice to the people repairing planes: If you do this on the vehicles spawnpoint it is quite normal that other people jump in it. Sometimes they do not even see the repairguy (being behind the plane). So if you really want to repair the planes, do not do it on the vehicles spawnpoint because this only results in those annoying situations.

Next

Return to Been Banned?