Possible Admin controversy?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
BeCynical

Postby BeCynical » Fri May 23, 2003 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Freedom
Shockwave,

Do you know you can set your Teamspeak volume separately from your game volume? Further, what I've done and it works really well, is a single ear and mic set-up for teamspeak and a full 5.1 surround setup for the game.....

hmmm... I did not know that... care to walk me through the set up sometime?

Postby Sidekick Floppy » Fri May 23, 2003 12:31 pm

Originally posted by Chacal
Does Floppy dream of electric sheep?

Edit: mmm... we could make a movie with this idea.

:D

<Say> Since when does "dreaming about electric sheep" have anything to do with repairing planes??? :confused: </say>

<think>Hmm how did Chacal guess my dream? </think>

;)

Postby Camel toe joe » Fri May 23, 2003 2:21 pm

Originally posted by Freedom
Shockwave,

Do you know you can set your Teamspeak volume separately from your game volume? Further, what I've done and it works really well, is a single ear and mic set-up for teamspeak and a full 5.1 surround setup for the game.....

is that done with one system? anyway with my headphones I won't be able to hear the speakers.. they block out a lot of sound...however I do miss using my speakers...

Postby hightimber » Fri May 23, 2003 2:32 pm

Originally posted by BeCynical
hmmm... I did not know that... care to walk me through the set up sometime?
I would also be interested to know how you've set this up. Lately I just plug my dual-ear headset in for the mic only. As Camel Toe stated, this blocks much of the sound coming out of my 4.1 setup.

Postby hightimber » Fri May 23, 2003 2:36 pm

Originally posted by FLOPPY
One advice to the people repairing planes: If you do this on the vehicles spawnpoint it is quite normal that other people jump in it. Sometimes they do not even see the repairguy (being behind the plane). So if you really want to repair the planes, do not do it on the vehicles spawnpoint because this only results in those annoying situations.
Great advice for plane repairing but what's equally annoying is when you jump out of your AA on Coral Sea, to repair the ship, and then return to find your AA occupied by someone else. Some people will get the hint and leave; some won't.

It's like the BF1942 equivalent of musical chairs.

Postby Camel toe joe » Fri May 23, 2003 4:59 pm

Originally posted by hightimber
It's like the BF1942 equivalent of musical chairs.

:rotflmao: only the music never stops:ar15:

Postby Chacal » Fri May 23, 2003 5:37 pm

Originally posted by FLOPPY
<Say> Since when does "dreaming about electric sheep" have anything to do with repairing planes??? :confused: </say>

<think>Hmm how did Chacal guess my dream? </think>

;)

Read Doom's post just above mine...

I just made a multi-level pun that's probably too obscure. Sorry for that... it refers to events that happened before your birth. :P
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Ralph Wiggum

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Fri May 23, 2003 6:04 pm

I just made a multi-level pun that's probably too obscure. Sorry for that... it refers to events that happened before your birth. :P

If BladeRunner is involved in this thread, it could have even more levels.

Postby Camel toe joe » Fri May 23, 2003 7:57 pm

i just hear a loud whooshing sound when I read that...

SaintTigurius

Postby SaintTigurius » Fri May 23, 2003 8:15 pm

wow this controversyis still not over

Postby BladeRunner » Fri May 23, 2003 8:31 pm

"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is Dick's most well known novel (and rightfully so in my opinion), due to the fact that the movie Blade Runner was based on this story. It is the futuristic story of Rick Deckard, Blade Runner. He is a special police officer assigned to terminate human replicants who live unnoticed in the San Francisco of 2021. The replicants are perfect reproductions of humans who are manufactured to do hard physical labor in the colonization of distant planets. They also provide company to human settlers in space. When a group of replicants go on a murder spree, hijack a ship and return to Earth, it is Deckard's job to search and destroy these villianous androids."

writen by Philip K. Dick

was a very good book :)
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Fri May 23, 2003 8:35 pm

Didn't he also write the story that 'minority report' was based on?

Another awesome movie...

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Mon May 26, 2003 5:02 pm

I can't believe that most of you heathens didn't know what Chacal was talking about... The book is a good read, and the movie is a classic. I guess I should blame myself for taking the easy route with the line...

Postby Dos Equis » Tue May 27, 2003 5:15 am

Does the book have a lot of pictures or is it a pop up book? If not I'll have trouble reading it.
FAT, DRUNK, AND STUPID......is no way to go through life-son!
Dean Wormer, Faber College 1962

Postby Chacal » Tue May 27, 2003 11:18 am

Well it WAS 20 years ago. The few people here who were born were busy sucking their feet and making gurgling sounds. :P Floppy probably had little planes painted on the ceiling of the nursery. :D
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

PreviousNext

Return to Been Banned?