Banned 12-29-03 11:20 est

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
krompir

Banned 12-29-03 11:20 est

Postby krompir » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:24 pm

It looks like I was just banned on karkov for some reason. I fired a single shot at my buddy in a plane while we were talking on teamspeak. Is this grounds for a ban?

Thanks in advance

Postby Chacal » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:22 am

Enough for a kick or a timed ban. Server log says your ban ended at 23:47.

Don't shoot at friendly planes, period.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:05 am

If you are caught doing it again, perm ban.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:19 am

It was me that gave you a temp-ban. I was watching the allied and axis airfields for bad apples the whole game. I saw you shoot a plane, I didn't see who was in it, not that that matters...

Read the server rules, follow them, don't let it happen again, and you'll be fine :)

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:32 pm

It seems like this is your 2nd ban. Please look down on this thread and you will see your name again less than a month ago. Once is an accident twice is a problem.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Auticalinon

Postby Auticalinon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:10 pm

Hi.

I didn't want to create a new thread, so I hope you don't mind me using this topic.

I am "apparently" banned from the ECGN #1 server. I was playing Coral Sea just minutes ago and was kicked from the server after being shot down by friendly AA fire. I couldn't catch the person's name because I was kicked before checking the command history, other than it looked like "Wauirdo" or "Waldo" something. Anyhow, upon trying to reenter the game, I failed to connect to server. This happened multiple times, at least 4 or so.

I had been shooting down enemy planes and have no recollection of killing any teammates. If by some chance I offended a moderator or somehow did break a rule, can you please tell me?

Thanks. It was a nice server while I was on it. Hope you look into it soon.

Postby WeSSiN » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:48 pm

Originally posted by Auticalinon
I am "apparently" banned from the ECGN #1 server. I was playing Coral Sea just minutes ago and was kicked from the server after being shot down by friendly AA fire. I couldn't catch the person's name because I was kicked before checking the command history, other than it looked like "Wauirdo" or "Waldo" something. Anyhow, upon trying to reenter the game, I failed to connect to server. This happened multiple times, at least 4 or so.

That's "Wairudo Enjin", he is an admin. You were probably kicked for dogfighting/flying over the carrier, that is frowned upon here.

Lets see what Wairudo has to say.

Auticalinon

Postby Auticalinon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:59 pm

Well...I WAS flying over the carrier. I too recognize the trouble it is for AA gunners when friendly planes litter the skies over the carrier.

I think I was just turning around after lifting off the carrier. I usually fly up the right side of the map to sneak in on the Axis carrier. (psstt, I try and fly high to avoid enemy flak, so I usually circle around to get a decent height).

Anyway, if that's the reason for me being unable to join the server, I apologize for doing so.

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:50 pm

Yes, I gave you a break for flying over your own carrier.

You should be able to get back on tonight.

Edit: PM Builwyf your IP address if you wish to get on any earlier and he will immediately unban you. :)

Auticalinon

Postby Auticalinon » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:28 pm

Thanks Wairudo.

I'll be careful in the future.

Return to Been Banned?