Oops--I got myself permanently banned, I think...

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
beel2112

Oops--I got myself permanently banned, I think...

Postby beel2112 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:14 pm

I was playing on the Server#1 about a week ago now (24th, I believe, maybe 23). I was an engineer on the map with the large island that initially the Japanese hold (Iwo Jima?), with a hill on both "ends" of the island, the southern one having an airfield.

Anyway, I ([IPT] Bad Boy Beel; "Clan" IPT is myself and my friend Captain Dogmeat) was playing as an engineer, manning the AA guns on the battleship. I shot down two planes--one of which was friendly. But I don't think that's what got me banned, as my kick and subsequent ban happened much later. Here's what happened:

I was repairing the battleship, when I noticed the carrier being blasted. The Planes were flying too low for me to hit with those strange AA guns on the battleship so I got out, grabbed a landing craft and headed over the the carrier because the only people on it were people waiting for planes to spawn. When I got there, it was ~50% damaged, so I fixed it as much as I could, then decided to move the carrier to make it a harder target. Long story short, my first time driving the Carrier ended in disaster when I clipped the front of the battleship as I was trying to turn. I think that's what did it, because the captain of the battleship was an ECGN guy.

Anyway, if at all possible, I'd like to get back on. If it's like a ten-day ban, that's fine--I messed up, and I'll wait. But I do enjoy playing on the ECGN servers, precisely because you *DO* kick and ban idiots (such as, apparently, myself!) and you play maps that I don't see anywhere else. Any of the admins care to take pity on lil' ol' me?

Thanks,

Beel

Postby Buliwyf » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:16 pm

If no other admins object I can remove your BAN since you came in with a mature attitude. Let's see what the other admins say.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

beel2112

Postby beel2112 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:21 pm

Holy cow--that was fast! I didn't even finish reading it over before you replied! And thank you very much--I appreciate it!

Dutchy (nl)

Postby Dutchy (nl) » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:17 pm

Now this is a nice way to ask being unbanned! I don't see that very often when someone is banned!

Postby hightimber » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:34 pm

It's a nice way to ask and it's a nice way to be treated (by the admins).

ECGN admins don't hold grudges for honest mistakes. I'm sure there are countless servers that have immature admins who ban just because someone pissed them off, showed them up in-game, or "just because they can".

ECGN admins are worth every penny. ;)

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:39 pm

Originally posted by beel2112
Holy cow--that was fast! I didn't even finish reading it over before you replied! And thank you very much--I appreciate it!

This is the response time you get from someone who sits in front of the puter screen 24/7 365 days a year. Buli needs sunlight and youre not helping him get it. ;)

Everyones help is greatly appreciated in this mission to get Buli away from the desk for a while, so please no more smacktard behavior.:)

J/k beel, you present yourself very maturely and I hope you get unbanned.:beer:

Janlop

Postby Janlop » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:44 pm

I can't really do much for you.. but here are my $0.02 for you ..

If you enjoy playing on ECGN, you should get yourself equipped with TS (TeamSpeak) to try and better get to play with us. Once downloading it, you can read the Introduction. Try to be polite/not chat spamming on TS as well ;)

As well, don't forget to read the RULES

Good luck in getting unbanned - as you seem to be on the right track with the proper asking/attitude. Just don't be a :tard: anymore :D

PS Buliwfy is a great forum poster ;) He's like Chacal of the forums.. he's always watching over us :D

Postby BladeRunner » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:14 pm

Originally posted by buliwyf
If no other admins object I can remove your BAN since you came in with a mature attitude. Let's see what the other admins say.

it's fine by me to unban him Buli. if no others object, welcome
back Bad Boy Beel. :beer: :beer: :beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby Chacal » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:16 pm

Originally posted by hightimber

ECGN admins are worth every penny. ;)

Let's see those pennys first.

No objection to the unban. Don't remember the incident anyway.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:54 pm

I vaguely remember the incident and after checking the logs it was me who banned you for a month and gave your buddy a kick. I gave the kick to just make sure you'all got the message since I noticed the matching clan tags.

Since you seem sincere, I am more than happy to welcome you all back to the server. :)

Send Buliwyf your IP address in a PM.

Also do what Janlop said. You will enjoy the game much better with us and you can say 'sorry' real quick for those :tard: moments! ;) :P :lol: :rotflmao:

We all have them. :) :freak: :wall:

Welcome back! :beer:

beel2112

Postby beel2112 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:50 pm

Thanks all--I'll send off that PM here momentarily. :) I'll also look into that TS program. Anyway, I'm rambling. And I imagine you don't see too many "mature" or "nice" ways of asking to be unbanned because many of the people who get banned are jerks--which is why they were banned to begin with. ;)

Sadly, common courtesy is decidely uncommon nowadays.

Just don't expect such courtesy during the heat of battle--you can't expect THAT much from me. ;)

And yes, my buddy remembers being kicked--he thought it was because he was trying to get whoever was moving the battleship to move a little--he couldn't swing the rear guns around to hit anything. :)

And again, thanks! I look forward to Kbely and Telemark--haven't played them in ages!

beel2112

Postby beel2112 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:53 pm

Oh yeah, and I solemny swear to *never* try driving a carrier again.... ;)

Postby Ryan » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:01 pm

Ban removed.

Postby hightimber » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:06 pm

Originally posted by beel2112
Just don't expect such courtesy during the heat of battle--you can't expect THAT much from me. ;)
Maybe we should reconsider the un-banning. You're not supposed to shoot ANYONE who has an [ECGN] tag. Obviously, you haven't read the rules yet. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just kidding. You can shoot everyone except [ECGN]HighTimber, [ECGN]TommyBoy. We're the 733ti5t. :help:

beel2112

Postby beel2112 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:11 pm

Thanks again! And Buliwyf, when you do finally see some sunlight, be sure to cover your eyes, hiss, and scream, "It burns!" You can elaborate with phrases such as "Natural light!" and "Get it off of me!" if you feel it appropriate. ;)

Next

Return to Been Banned?