banned

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
bfsarmi

banned

Postby bfsarmi » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:40 am

hi
i was wondering if the ban is temporary or permanent.
what happened was that on the bocage map i was shot twice by teamkillers while running towards an airplane so they could get it, i was shot at while on the runway taking off, and then again i was shot while running towards an airplane. The last time really pissed me off and I went after the teamkiller and shot him down. What i think happened was that the guy who killed me was not the one who was in the plane that I shot down. My mistake. I hate tk soooo much; they ruin a great game. I played before on this server and i am not a tk.
i wanted to know what the rule is about tk. how do you deal with them if they kill you? do you get banned for killing them once you respawn?
Thanks a lot,
sarmi

Postby Ryan » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:50 am

Just checked your ban in the banlist, and it seems like its a permanent ban.

I've seen you play, and your definitely not a smacker. I suggest, if your allowed to play again, to download and use TeamSpeak. That way, if your shot running to a plane, we can kick the tker and not you.

Although I didn't ban you, you get my vote for removal.

The rule is quite clear. Do not tk. No matter what, do not tk. There are no exceptions to this rule.

bfsarmi

Postby bfsarmi » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:58 am

thanks ryan for your vote, i hope the ban will be lifted, i really liked playing on this server.

Postby Vamprey » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:08 am

I thought the on screen message at the time mentioned racist language.:confused: Deliberate tk for any reason is often a cause for at least a short ban or kick.:wall:

Postby Buliwyf » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:51 am

Besides the TK I believe there was racist language involved as well, which if that IS the case, you do NOT get my vote. Let's see what the ADMIN who banned you says.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby residue » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:59 am

if you are the sarmi guy from bocage last night -

i was flying in a bf109 towards the latter half of the round when i was shot down by our own aa near the windmill. we had all of the flags and it said i was killed by sarmi.

the round ended a few seconds later and there was some chat text from sarmi saying "take that you f--"

i don't have an opinion either way on being unbanned or not but you should really try to demonstrate more responsible behavior on the server.

Postby Chacal » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:11 pm

1/6/2004 23:47:52 : User [...] said 'Player - sarmi banned for using racist language'.

In that case, you DON'T get my vote.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby residue » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:56 pm

technically, it was prejudice or bigotry, not racism.

ironically, i would have written the incident off as an accidental tk until the chat text appeared at the end of the round.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:07 pm

I seem to recall this situation. This server is not the place for such practices. Their are alot of EA servers out there for that.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby Ryan » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:22 pm

I retract my vote. Good riddance.

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:53 pm

The reason Residue gave is the reason I banned you.

We do NOT tolerate bigotry or racism around here.

However, you were mature in pleading your case and I am often willing to give second chances.

Do not let any of the actions described in previous posts happen again and you won't have any problems here. :)

As Fat Bastard said, get TS. That way you can call for an admin real quick when a :tard: is spotted.

PM your IP address to MMmmGood and your ban will be lifted. :)

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:14 pm

I've seen this guy play before... not a bad guy, excluding what happened here...

Please read the server rules: http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1473

The idiot population on the server has been on the rise lately, and they have been dealt with harshly. Don't fall into this group if you want to keep playing here after your ban is lifted.

Return to Been Banned?