Why was I kicked

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
M.U. Tiger

Postby M.U. Tiger » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:35 pm

As I said before it was a bad term and I should have not used it, I was mad when it happened and I of course flew off the handle. I appologize to Wairudo for my comment as well. I did take this whole thing personally and blew it out of proportion. That term does get used way to much and I realize that to much of that crap goes on in our world and I should not be a part of it. I am sorry to anyone that I might have offended.

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:42 pm

Originally posted by M.U. Tiger
As I said before it was a bad term and I should have not used it, I was mad when it happened and I of course flew off the handle. I appologize to Wairudo for my comment as well. I did take this whole thing personally and blew it out of proportion. That term does get used way to much and I realize that to much of that crap goes on in our world and I should not be a part of it. I am sorry to anyone that I might have offended.

Now that is what we were looking for :)

I can't speak for Wairudo, BUT I feel after reading the apology and understanding our point of view he would not mind letting you back in. Your a good player and everyone makes mistakes.

PM either mmmgood or I your IP and point to this thread and the BAN will be lifted.

Just use smacktard in the future, it's much easier :)
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:48 pm

As Buliwyf said, with your understanding, I do not mind you being unbanned. Do what BUliwyf said and you will be unbanned.

Welcome back! :)

Postby hightimber » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:53 pm

Originally posted by Buliwyf
Just use smacktard in the future, it's much easier :)
...or you can use "Xenius" or "Folic Acid". All three names are interchangeable.

Postby Folic_Acid » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:01 pm

Yes, I always love to see my name used as a derogatory term. I'll just wait for the day that my name is added to the banned words list, and sit and laugh while folks are kicked for saying "Hello Folic!" :)

Seriously, thanks for understanding the position of the admins, Tiger. Most folks don't mind a little cussing - everybody gets hot tempered now and then. But, there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed. Welcome back.

M.U. Tiger

Postby M.U. Tiger » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:40 pm

Man I can't believe my neighbor got on my computer and posted all that stuff.

All kidding aside.

Thank you all. I was playing the part of a hot headed a-hole. You all are much to kind.

*Side note \ question. I have downloaded team speak but have not used it. I will try to get it going tonight on my second computer. Any tips or anything I should know?

Postby residue » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:47 pm

turn off voice activation. use push to talk.

set up macros to switch between channels.

be afraid.

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:25 pm

Yes, the biggest thing is to turn off voice activation as it is on by default. Other then that, just try not to yell to loud into the mic :)
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby hightimber » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:44 pm

Originally posted by residue
set up macros to switch between channels.
M.U., this is really critical in that it keeps you from having to toggle back to your desktop (from 1942) to switch between TS channels (ie. Axis, Allied, General Chit-chat, etc.).

Invest a few minutes here and save yourself a lot of heartache down the road.

Postby Vamprey » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:52 pm

Like many others, I look forward to having you back. It seems like you are a team player.:P

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:58 pm

unbanned.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby hightimber » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:15 pm

Thanks gentlemen for working through this like adults. I've no doubt that, if we had immature admins, people like M.U. would never be given a second chance regardless of the circumstances. For better or worse for all of you, this is why I play here. :P

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:28 pm

Originally posted by hightimber
...or you can use "Xenius" or "Folic Acid". All three names are interchangeable.

I personally like the verb "hightimber"...

as in, say if you rolled a tank into the river: "Boy, you really hightimbered that one!'

or, if you are on a long walk on gazala, and get killed in the middle of nowhere before doing any good: "I just got hightimbered out in the middle of nowhere"

:D :D :D

=V!per=

Postby =V!per= » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:38 am

WoW! You guys run a tight ship on BF.:freak: . It's nice to see some true guidance and growth from you old geezers (j/king) for the younger generations of gamers who might take it to far. :)

Postby hightimber » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:54 am

Originally posted by Rule of Wrist
I personally like the verb "hightimber"...

as in, say if you rolled a tank into the river: "Boy, you really hightimbered that one!'

or, if you are on a long walk on gazala, and get killed in the middle of nowhere before doing any good: "I just got hightimbered out in the middle of nowhere"

:D :D :D
If I was a much better player, I'd find a way to kill you.

And I believe the proper term is Munson-ed. KingPin - great movie.

PreviousNext

Return to Been Banned?