Kicked on Kharkov

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Postby hightimber » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:17 pm

For those of you with some knowledge of ballistics, etc., what would a real grenade do underwater? Just curious.

General Apathy

Postby General Apathy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:02 pm

Originally posted by hightimber
For those of you with some knowledge of ballistics, etc., what would a real grenade do underwater? Just curious.

Great question. although Balistics is not really involved. Ballistics refers to the study of the dynamics of projectiles.

basically the what i saw was the grenades "appear" to sink in the river, resulting in minor damage.

The expacks work a bit better as they seem to do more damage, and don't roll off the bank and sink.

Dakana

Postby Dakana » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:16 pm

Wouldn't the shrapnel be slowed down? Or if it was concussion, wouldn't the sound waves have to go through the water and stuff and that would make it less explosive?

Postby BladeRunner » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:41 pm

Originally posted by hightimber

BLAST PHYSICS
For an explosion with the same energy & at the same distance an underwater blast is more dangerous than an air blast. This is because, in air, the blast dissipates more rapidly & tends to be reflected at the body surface; in water the blast wave travels through the body & causes internal gas liquid inter-face organ damage (Edmonds 3, Lavonas 7).

http://www.scuba-doc.com/uwblast.html
:beer: :beer: :beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Fat Bastard

Postby Fat Bastard » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:37 pm

Just wanted to toss in that i think it's a legit practice go down on the other side of the bridge by the water edge. There alot easier to hit with nades and can hit them sometimes with your weapon just fire acouple bursts at their name tag.

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:25 am

Originally posted by Fat Bastard
Just wanted to toss in that i think it's a legit practice go down on the other side of the bridge by the water edge. There alot easier to hit with nades and can hit them sometimes with your weapon just fire acouple bursts at their name tag.

Name tag as an aiming device definitely is not all that helpful. I spotted a guy under water at range with the sniper rifle scope and tried several shots... No joy.

As a side note several guys were trying this tactic on Mahket Gahden, as long as someone is down there and intelligent enough to avoid sniper fire, this isn't an issue ala Kharkov. BTW: Tommyboy swim over again and will give you another hard 6 inches.

Postby Chacal » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:02 am

Originally posted by {CN}Doomfarer
BTW: Tommyboy swim over again and will give you another hard 6 inches.

:eek:
:rotflmao:
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby hightimber » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:00 am

Originally posted by BladeRunner
BLAST PHYSICS
For an explosion with the same energy & at the same distance an underwater blast is more dangerous than an air blast. This is because, in air, the blast dissipates more rapidly & tends to be reflected at the body surface; in water the blast wave travels through the body & causes internal gas liquid inter-face organ damage (Edmonds 3, Lavonas 7).

http://www.scuba-doc.com/uwblast.html
:beer: :beer: :beer:
Thanks for the research BladeWalker. I'm stunned by what you found. It sounds like a grenade underwater would be more destructive than above water. It definitely sounds unpleasant to say the least. :eek:

p.s Ballistics/Blast Physics - they both start with B and end with S (kind of like most things uttered by Rule o' the Wrist).

Postby BladeRunner » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:35 am

Roger that Timber, i had always heard that underwater
blasts was more dangerous than above ground blasts but
until i found that i did not know why.

we have all watched those WWII submarine movies, that
information brings new meaning to the guys in the subs
during the war. in the movies we see the screen shake a
little, my guess is it was a lot worse than that.
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:50 am

Certain explosives are much more dangerous in water than in the air. Think of the difference between pneumatics and hydraulics. You wouldn't want pneumatic brakes in your car because the air would compress and almost act as a cushion. However, water and liquid barely compresses at all. So, when an explosion goes off underwater, it pushes all that water with it, therefore causing intense pressure on the entire sub. If the same explosive went off in the air, it would just compress that air and not have anywhere near the same concussive force as an underwater explosive.

-Bagginses

Postby Tommy Boy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:27 pm

Originally posted by {CN}Doomfarer
BTW: Tommyboy swim over again and will give you another hard 6 inches.

You are going to give me "yours" 3 times?

LOL

Postby hightimber » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:20 pm

Originally posted by Tommy Boy

LOL
Give 'em hell, Tom! :D

Thanks for the explanation, Bag.

Smarty-pants kollage kids.

I new'd all them fakts. :(

Postby Tommy Boy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:49 pm

Tommy will be bringing it....watch out for all of my exploits that make me a bullet magnet!

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:21 pm

Originally posted by Tommy Boy

LOL

Well considering that I had to "poke" you 6 times for the last 6 inch murder, 3 sounds pretty damned good. Guess those natural male enhancement pills are paying off, after several months of use. BTW no need to let Hellacious see this...

Postby Jackal » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:35 pm

so is it still considered an exlpoit?:confused: I just left because kharkov loaded and i was so tempted to go there again:lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Been Banned?