i was banned

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:48 pm

I think some of you "supporters" are under the imperssion that he will not be unbanned. For most other servers, he would not be unbanned. Here, we have a very strong Admin team who know what we are doing. We run one of the net's biggest and best BF1942 server. We kick / ban nearly 50-100 people a day. And with each kick / ban, it is for a reason..

Let the admins sort this out. We don't need smartass comments, keep those to yourselves.

kraq

Postby kraq » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:26 pm

LunchBox made a good summary and ill just add to what he wrote.
"at one point you moved up to the sandbags and immediately shot at some infantry that were by the water, ignoring the tanks you had been previously shooting at, and then backed up again out of the way... how did you know they were there? Most people would have continued trying to shoot the tanks..."
First of all the reason i would shoot the infantry moving up instead of the tanks is because they a more of a threat. If you had been watching me the whole time you would have know that my only death on that map came from that on an engineer who got through my team and came to me and mined me. The tanks by the american outpost dont pose as big of a threat and i could lob shells at them back and forth for hours since i had such good cover. On top of that infantry tryin to swim across are basically free kills for anyone able to use a tank.
"how did you know that player was there? he was on the far side of the bridge when you were parachuting in, and you were far away... see the attached pic..."
When i was dropping i noticed two guys shooting at me . The first one that i could see when i landed i picked off. I then proceeded to the flag where the guy popped his head ver the bridge and stood perfectly still . ANyone who has ever used an engineer rifle before knows that it is a pretty easy to headshot someone when they are not moving. As for why i would turn to look there? Where else would i turn to look? Would you suggest I look to the american uncappable base to kill people? Obviously if any axis were to come and shoot me they would come from the other side of the bridge. In fact after i headshot those two enemies , i proceeded to get expacked by a guy standing 15 feet away where i could not see him . Surely if i were hacking i would have seen him and not walked into his expack.
"The funny thing is he didn’t know that I was going to spawn at the South Bridge to try to sneak up on you. Then it happened, you shot at me and took me down to 1 bar when you couldn’t see me as I swam the river." DO you believe you were the only guy on the server with the brilliant idea of trying to sneak around to get me? AM i supposed to be so dumb as to not think that infantry are going to spawn at the american outpost and swim across the water? Talk about some common sense here. I also had lunchbox calling out people on our ts as we played just in case i missed anything.
"impressive 1 death with 47 kills"
thanks blade, i thought i did well myself :P
"2-9 was mostly in a wespe with the help of a couple of our 8 or 9 axis snipers. if i were hacking, i might have been 47-1." Yes residue i do remember taking out several of your p4's as you tried to cross the bridge .

kraq

Postby kraq » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:29 pm

Anyway , just need to let you guys know that your current system of detecting cheats is wrong , as you are so sure that i am a hacker , but are really wrong. Just because a guy has a pretty good score in a server and has the common sense to shoot the people that are in front of him shouldnt make him a cheater. And it doesnt matter if you unban me or not , i just wanted to let you guys hear my side of the story . And if allowed , i will be back on the first day of punkbuster if you would like me to come on and we can see what happens to your "expert admins and regulars" Thanks.

Postby ShellShock » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:25 pm

Very interesting case. However since I was not there, and since I am not an admin, my opinon on whether or not he was cheating is irrelavent.

That said, I must commend Kraq for his mature handling of the situation. His supporters on the other hand are a different story altogether....

Postby BladeRunner » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:57 pm

Originally posted by indicker
Wow, tards. You guys really shoudnt let noobs admin a server. Nice "proof" by the way haha. "I'm a total noob, I specd you, you owned and did things I could never because I suck, BAN!"

How about residue sitting there at 42-9? Was he hacking too?

Sorry about that indicker, i meant "impressive" as in, i wish
i could play that well.:beer: :beer: :beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby BladeRunner » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:14 pm

This is my opinion only, indicker, you call us tard admins.
imo, the admins that night did a good job, think about it
from the admin side.
fact #1 Kraq was getting kills that would appear to an admin
as a radar hack.
fact #2 the admins that night had no idea Kraq was using
a private teamspeak channel for advantage.
fact #3 kick/bans are meant to get some ones attention,
if and when they wish to explain their actions, they can
come to the forums. and they did.
:beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

LunchBox

Postby LunchBox » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:21 pm

Ok about the question to me stating which TS channel were we in, believe it or not your TeamSpeak server is NOT the only one in the world, I hate to break it to you but we have a few of them. We were on Team-warchilds server, and no this inceident didnt make my "clan" mad because we dont even play on the same clan, he is just a friend. I seriously suggest you guys look into getting new admins for your BF1942 servers as this is one of the most "novice" cases of admining i have seen in a long while. This is simply a case of unexperienced players getting killed alot and abusing there powers as admins to kick and ban players.
Ever heard of BF Secure? It is the modern punkbuster for BF1942, http://www.bfsecure.org/ is the site I suggest if you really want to run a cheat free server to run this on your server, because your saying you have punkbuster on your server is lieing, and its not good when admins lie. You should download and get kraqhead to join the server so you can see for yourself that he is not cheating. As far as the comments of "kings of BF" I dont think adding on to your bad decisions with dumb comments is helping your situation, if anything at this point you guys need to be appolagizing and maybe trying to fix the situation instead of acting like children and making it worse. I mean you are admins, or just players that can kick and abuse powers on a server?

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:26 pm

Well, his ban has been removed so im closing this.

And if you wern't actively involved in the banning / reinstatment of him, you probably shouldn't post here.

Previous

Return to Been Banned?