i was banned

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
kraq

i was banned

Postby kraq » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:21 am

I just want to know the reason i was banned from the ecgn bf server #1 . I got kicked the first time and when i came back the admins told me they kicked me due to punkbuster . Now i have been playing this game for a while and i know there is no punkbuster. I also have been playing so long that i can play pretty well and wouldnt need to cheat in order to excel in the game. SO when i was calmy questioning the admins on why they kicked me , i got banned. So can anyone tell me the real reason i got banned for ? Cause i didnt deserve it , thanks.

Postby yaDad » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:24 am

wrong forum...moved to whines/complaints
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:54 am

Your attitude is commendable, however, you were banned for cheating.

I had other people on the server say punkbuster, since I wanted to see what your reaction would be...

Here is my evidence, as we here don't use the scoreboard to verify cheaters, but freecam.

On BotB, you were on allies in a sherman near south bridge flag, and were moving back and forth by the concrete wall area, shooting at some tanks across the bridge... at one point you moved up to the sandbags and immediately shot at some infantry that were by the water, ignoring the tanks you had been previously shooting at, and then backed up again out of the way... how did you know they were there? Most people would have continued trying to shoot the tanks...

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:58 am

Here is the view from the tank where you were sitting before the shot...

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:03 am

Here is the view from the tank where you shot from, with the red dot being where you shot... while I was watching, I noticed you didn't move the barrel on the tank to adjust your aim at all while moving up to the wall... why would you aim there, instead of where the tank was, illustrated in the first pic?

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:14 am

Now, this one incident, taken by itself, could be chalked up to luck... So I continued to watch...

Then on Bocage with you as an allied engineer, I watched you parachute out of a wrecked B17 onto the east flag, which was contested by the germans...

You landed, and shot and killed another player with one shot to the head with the no. 4, then turned and aimed toward the bridge, waited a few seconds and immediately shot and killed another player with the no.4 just as he came into view at the crest of the bridge... how did you know that player was there? he was on the far side of the bridge when you were parachuting in, and you were far away... see the attached pic...

These two incidents, plus the input of another admin that had been watching you, were enough to give you a ban...

We are very serious about catching cheaters here, as cheats can be very powerful, and ruin the game for everyone. If you can explain yourself sufficiently, we will consider lifting the ban... depending on what the other admins say...

socio`

Postby socio` » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:36 am

Good job on banning one of BF's best tankers. Maybe the guy was on ventrilo/TS or simply wasn't a retard and keeps himself aware. Nice screenshots btw, prove alot lol.

sorry I will back up what I said with my opinions on those SS. The bocage pic. First of all, you said he parachutes down. Doesnt that give him an overview of EVERYTHING below him, including enemies advancing from the bridge. Ya and why check the bridge for enemies? Its only the fastest place for enemy infantry to advance to that flag.... Where else they gonna come from, to the southeast by his own base? As for the headshots from a no.4, thats about as common as jihads these days in bf matches.

As for the tank pic, he peaked around a wall at an enemy spawn and shot bad guys. I dont get it.

LunchBox

Postby LunchBox » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:39 am

Hi, my 2 cents on what happened, KraQHeaD and myself are very noteable players in the BF1942 community having played with top cal-invite teams and using BFSecure in all of our matches to scan our computers to show we do not cheat. I was on the same server in the same games as my associate Kraq and I was on TeamSpeak with him at the time we were playing, on the battle of the bulge map I was infantry guarding and protecting the bridge and our tanks on the side of the bridge, which includes Kraqs tank, so I can call out any infantry or tanks on the map that i see and he can deal with them accordingly. He is a very experienced tanker and knows that when he is behind a wall the infantry crossing to blow him upp are alot more of a threat than teh tanks than cannot see or hit him.
This is FOR SURE not an act of any cheats what so ever, and the fact that u took some random screen shots and drew random dots in photoshop on them doesnt mean that he cheats. At any point in time he will be willing to join a BF secure server of your choice and prove he has no cheats on his computer as we have to on a weekly basis playing in CALeague for BF1942.
As for the Bocage incident it so happens i was his machine gunner in the B-17 when it got shot down and we bailed at our first flag and he simply shot 2 guys with an engineer rifle, im not sure what your little photoshopp picture shows with your random dots and no dead bodies on it to prove anything whatso ever. The fact is an admin got mad when they got owned and kicked him, he came back in the server and simple and kindly as you stated earlier just asked why he was kicked, he wasnt complaining at all or bitching. And you proceeded to ban him from the server.
As for your saying there is PunkBuster on the server and that is why you kicked him, that was a lie at the time and now you some back with different pictures, I personally tried to enjoy a game of BF on your nice server with a friend and it ended up being a huge dissapointment from a gaming organization that is well respected and well thought of. I would hope that your admins continue to look out for people that are cheating and not for people that are simply veterens at the game and know how to play. They should probobly get to know the clans in the game and players that tend to do well so that this kind of thing doesnt happen in the future.
Thank you.

LunchBox

Postby LunchBox » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:59 am

by the way one more thing, now by the first picture you said that was the exact place he was aiming at in his tank and show a first person view, but in fact the server has free cam only on, so how were you able to determine he was aiming at the wall in that game since free cam is on and first person wasnt? just wondering especially since the game doesnt support first person viewing of players ;)

socio`

Postby socio` » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:09 am

i changed my mind, kraq hacks once this SS was sent to me

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:23 am

Kraq, I was also was watching you. After your name was brought up as a possible cheat. I watched you for 3 maps and I believe that you were cheating. You were close to being kicked when I was watching you alone. So, I asked Rule of Wrist to verify my findings. We both started working as a team to catch you. The funny thing is he didn’t know that I was going to spawn at the South Bridge to try to sneak up on you. Then it happened, you shot at me and took me down to 1 bar when you couldn’t see me as I swam the river. He said “wait a min. what was that” and I said it was me that he just shot at” See pic 1# on Rules post. I also witnessed other instances that would lead me to believe that you were cheating. If we are wrong about this accusation you can try the server again after Punk buster is active if you would like. However, all the Admins here know how the current cheats effect game play , and you got BUSTED.

P.S. LUNCHBOX, We do not ban anyone for cheating without positive proof. We both watched him and we had a senior Admin overseeing the whole process. I am sorry that you found our findings wrong. You say that you were on Team Speak. which channel was that? You weren’t on ours. Some regulars brought up his name as a cheater and we investigated… as we do all claims. By the way, the Admin who banned him wasn’t in game for 2 Maps because he was watching him. SO HE DID NOT GET MAD BECAUSE HE GOT OWNED. Your clan got mad, because how dare a public server ban one of you Masters of the Clan Ladders/ Cheat Ladders. We are here to have fun. If you want to prove yourself come back and play THE DAY THAT PUNK BUSTER COMES OUT. If you "own the server" I will make a public statement that you are” the Master’s of all battle field at the forum or TS channel of your choice. That is how much faith I have in the fact that we don’t do Cheats HERE.
HAVE A NICE DAY
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby BladeRunner » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:43 am

impressive 1 death with 47 kills
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:46 am

This is being discussed.

indicker

Postby indicker » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:06 pm

Wow, tards. You guys really shoudnt let noobs admin a server. Nice "proof" by the way haha. "I'm a total noob, I specd you, you owned and did things I could never because I suck, BAN!"

How about residue sitting there at 42-9? Was he hacking too?

Postby residue » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:35 pm

i think it's funny how all of these supporters come out of the woodwork. if you're sticking up for a friend and want to present a case, it's best not to resort to namecalling.

42-9 was mostly in a wespe with the help of a couple of our 8 or 9 axis snipers. if i were hacking, i might have been 47-1.

Next

Return to Been Banned?