D-E-F-E-N-S-E (whine)

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

D-E-F-E-N-S-E (whine)

Postby FarginMofo » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:06 am

How many maps do we need to play before people will play some defense?

Tonight's games:
- Wake - First few minutes of map, 2 shermans move down to southwest most tip of island for who knows why, axis takes SW CP => Game Over.

- Gazala - First couple of minutes allies lose NE spawn?!? => Game Over.

- Tobruk - Allies lose all 5 front flags half way into game. Main fell shortly afterward.

- Eagles Nest - This one was funny. Axis captures Allied main and Allies capture Nest. Axis then loses Allied main. => Game Over.

Do we see a pattern here? Lose key points early and you lose badly. I don't know about the rest of you but losing map after map after map by scores of 400+ to ZERO is no fun.
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:05 am

I hear ya Fargin. Its part of that teamwork thing that Agent and I were talking about in the other thread. You know.....that mythological beast in BF that everyone has heard about but never seen.

Postby BladeRunner » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:17 am

Roger that Fargin, i admit i have been ramboing some lately,
besides on defense i can drink more beer :)
:beer: :beer: :beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Kurith

Postby Kurith » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:49 am

That bulge map last night was great! We lost all flags but the depot on allies and we held it and beat them by attrition, I love games like that.

Unfortunatly bulge has a lot of cases of smacktardism and not knowing what defence is, for for some reason every time I'm defending the depot in a tank im detpacked or bazooka'd by a friendly atleast once or twice.

But we all did a great job on bulge last night.

Postby BladeRunner » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:42 am

Originally posted by AnimalCracka
I hear ya Fargin. Its part of that teamwork thing that Agent and I were talking about in the other thread. You know.....that mythological beast in BF that everyone has heard about but never seen.

Player1,"need pickup, need pickup" says to self,"ah good
someone is coming to get me in a jeep. i knew this was
going to be a good server, everyone helping each other."
looks around and watchs as the jeep gets closer. :( i don't
think he is slowing down. crap he is coming right at me.
"stop, stop sto...SPLAT"
player2 voice gets fainter as he drives off into the distance,
"hit the e key you dummy" i love this server :)
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Postby residue » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:30 am

make sure to sign up for the botr and tell others. that's the closest you're going to get to an idiot free experience.

i think many people do not try to win but rather play in their own little bubble. last night, axis on omg had 0 flags and 8-12 snipers. short of kicking all of them (which i wish had happened), maps like these are ruined.

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:21 am

Originally posted by Kurith
That bulge map last night was great! We lost all flags but the depot on allies and we held it and beat them by attrition, I love games like that.

Unfortunatly bulge has a lot of cases of smacktardism and not knowing what defence is, for for some reason every time I'm defending the depot in a tank im detpacked or bazooka'd by a friendly atleast once or twice.

But we all did a great job on bulge last night.

I think Bulge is the prime example of what defense could be. There were several occasions on that map where I was sitting in the depot with the Sherman and someone would hop up in the MG and tell me to move, and go for the flag, and I'd say no. Then I had to listen to them ask me why, and I would just say, it's a little thing called defense. Then they got out and walked away...or tried to shoot me.

-Bagginses

Postby residue » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:29 am

the allied recipe for bulge is quite simple.

1) take the tank at the windmill and use it to protect the depot
2) use one depot tank to hold south bridge with engineers
3) use the other depot tank to support either south bridge or m10 base
4) watch for swimmers, particularly around the watermill and depot house

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:32 am

I was just thinking, but what if we started a thread about best strategies for each map. That way when everyone plays in a particular night, everyone will sort of know what to do without being told.

-Bagginses

Postby residue » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:40 am

that might help some of the regulars that don't realize these things but it won't do anything for the clueless masses. when i see regulars sniping while standing i know it's a hopeless cause.

Postby FarginMofo » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:55 am

For Tobruk/Allies - I like what I saw the other night while playing on Axis. The M10 and the 2 front shermans worked as a team. All 3 would respond to hot spots together to maximize fire power.
"Who's we sucka!?"

Postby BladeRunner » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:22 pm

Originally posted by FarginMofo
For Tobruk/Allies - I like what I saw the other night while playing on Axis. The M10 and the 2 front shermans worked as a team. All 3 would respond to hot spots together to maximize fire power.

That tactic can work on lots of maps, dedicated flag defenders
and fast movers (tanks and planes) taking flags and hot spots.
:beer:

Postby hightimber » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:40 pm

I've already addressed this question privately to Residue but I'd like to take it 'public'. On Aberdeen if the tanks stayed together as one group in a good battle formation, how could you lose (unless the other team did the same thing)? After each encounter, you should have enough engineers to repair damaged tanks, then proceed to the next flag. Infantry could hold taken flags and call for support from the group when needed.

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:08 pm

Originally posted by hightimber
I've already addressed this question privately to Residue but I'd like to take it 'public'. On Aberdeen if the tanks stayed together as one group in a good battle formation, how could you lose (unless the other team did the same thing)? After each encounter, you should have enough engineers to repair damaged tanks, then proceed to the next flag. Infantry could hold taken flags and call for support from the group when needed.

If you could pull this off with the entire team on a public server, I'd buy you a :beer: .

-Bagginses

Postby FarginMofo » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:34 pm

At least at the start 2 of your "quick" tanks need to head towards the non-center bases nearest to your main in order to cap those first. Then they could join up the formation. I'd like to see this. Next arbedeen lets go for it.
"Who's we sucka!?"

Next

Return to Been Banned?