Banned

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Unregistered

Banned

Postby Unregistered » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:33 pm

got banned from BF1942 server playing a little while ago. I think I made other mistakes but the last straw was probably when I jumped in the mobile artillery and tried using the scout to hit the destroyer. The driver had pulled behind a building and I think I hit the building by mistake. Artillery was destroyed.

Did not know the rule about 1 person in artillery. Sorry. Still learning how to play.

Please lift ban.

[TD2]DeadMeat

Postby Harry Canyon » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:28 pm

You're right....That was the last 'mistake' you made that night. I was using the arty, driving it to a position to blast a destroyer. You jumped in the gun position while I was driving to a safe spot to shell from. Since you didn't get out when I stopped, I positioned the gun to shoot against a building while I typed out a message to you to get out. Well, you decided to continue shooting against the building, causing us to BLOW UP!!! Since I'm an admin, you made serveral other 'mistakes' during the evening plus this....it was time for the ban.

Fat Bastard

Postby Fat Bastard » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:00 pm

Just cause they dont have admin in there name doesnt mean there not DOH.

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:49 am

Something we pride ourselves on, is the fact that this is not a "Training Wheels" kind of server. If you are still learning the game or are learning a vehicle in the game, best to learn someplace else and then bring those acquired skills to ECGN#1.

Not knowing the rules is not and excuse that will open the "unban me" door more than once (if that even). As it is, ask how long your current ban will last, read the server rules, and then download and install Teamspeak.

If nothing else your manner here in the forums has been a help to your cause. I wish others seeking to be unbanned were as well behaved.

Postby Harry Canyon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:27 pm

I you wish to play here again, post and I will lift the ban.

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:43 pm

Sorry about the error and not reading all the rules beforehand.

I have teamspeak and will use in the future.

If you do decide to lift the ban, please let me know how long it will last. I will attempt to get my training wheels off in the meantime :-)

[TD2]DeadMeat

By the way, what do you do with landing craft ? After you get to the beach and unload are you supposed to drive it back ? Or does it respawn after it has been beached ?

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:22 pm

deadmeat, I think they will need your cd key hash to unban you.

As for the LC, you can leave it, it will blow up after a little bit if no one's using it, like any vehcile that gets abandoned. If you really feel like it, you can blow it up with grenades or something so it respawns quicker at the ship.....

Postby hightimber » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:52 pm

Originally posted by Bullhead
If you really feel like it, you can blow it up with grenades or something so it respawns quicker at the ship.....
Although this is a very unselfish tactic, there's a good chance you may give your position away if you do this.

Postby Hunter/Killer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:46 pm

Originally posted by hightimber
Although this is a very unselfish tactic, there's a good chance you may give your position away if you do this.

Yes and no, the explosion may be heard but the gray LC on the mini map lasts for a bit which could give your position away also.

I try and blow them up when I think it is better the LC not stay on the map to long. Depends on where and when. Down side I see is it takes a few nades and I may need them before I can get to an ammo box.

Hunter/Killer

Postby hightimber » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:56 pm

Originally posted by Hunter/Killer
Yes and no, the explosion may be heard but the gray LC on the mini map lasts for a bit which could give your position away also.

I try and blow them up when I think it is better the LC not stay on the map to long. Depends on where and when. Down side I see is it takes a few nades and I may need them before I can get to an ammo box.

Hunter/Killer
You are absolutely correct and I should've remembered that. Personally, though, I'll take my chances with the mini-map 'exposure' over the audio (grenade) exposure. I know I've done my fair share of sniper hunting due to the sound of a lone gunshot. Hearing a grenade in the distance would get my attention way quicker than an empty vehicle on the mini-map.

Postby Hunter/Killer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:31 pm

Ya, like I said, it is real situation dependant.

I have "hunted" off of both clues.

Later
Hunter/Killer
[ECGN] Hunter/Killer
BF2 Admin

Originally posted by Hat Rack
A hole to hide in would really help!

Postby hightimber » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:38 pm

Originally posted by Hunter/Killer
I have "hunted" off of both clues.
I have as well. Your point is well-taken. Thanks for pointing out my omission regarding the grayed-out LC.

:beer:

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:18 pm

deadmeat: check this thread as it gives some basic game tips that we at ECGN encourage

http://forums.powervs.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7702
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:54 pm

Any info on when/if the ban will be lifted ?

Do you need additional info ?

Thanks for your consideration,
DeadMeat

Postby Hunter/Killer » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:13 am

Meat
Try PMing MmmmGood and asking nicely

Hunter
[ECGN] Hunter/Killer
BF2 Admin

Originally posted by Hat Rack
A hole to hide in would really help!

Next