Just wondering if the server rules apply to admins?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
The Nazinator

Postby The Nazinator » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:08 am

Res/Animal, while I agree with you guys, we all have to remember that ECGN is not an "Experienced Players Only" server. We all like to think that when we're losing, it's solely because of noobs/tards/etc. But the fact is, the other team is likely to have just as many, if not more noobs than we do.

I guess what it comes down to for me is, if you're a noob (note: NOT a smacktard) and do a couple dumb things here and there, that's fine. Taking a Wespe into battle ONCE is one thing and can be excused, hogging the B17 and crashing on takeoff the whole map is another.

But determining that's ultimately a job for admins, and that's fine with me. (I just think with some of these situations, the calls for kicks, bitching, and so forth on TS aren't necessary, and detract from the game.)

Postby BladeRunner » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:23 am

Originally posted by The Nazinator
Res/Animal, while I agree with you guys, we all have to remember that ECGN is not an "Experienced Players Only" server. We all like to think that when we're losing, it's solely because of noobs/tards/etc. But the fact is, the other team is likely to have just as many, if not more noobs than we do.

I guess what it comes down to for me is, if you're a noob (note: NOT a smacktard) and do a couple dumb things here and there, that's fine. Taking a Wespe into battle ONCE is one thing and can be excused, hogging the B17 and crashing on takeoff the whole map is another.

But determining that's ultimately a job for admins, and that's fine with me. (I just think with some of these situations, the calls for kicks, bitching, and so forth on TS aren't necessary, and detract from the game.)

I agree with Nazinator, i usually tell teamspeakers that i
can't kick players for being stupid but i will kick them if
a stupid act damages your team. most of the time i let
them play the way they want too. exceptions to my rule,
we have 15 snipers, i might kick the bottom 3.
these kind of kicks are up to the admin on duty imo.
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby Vamprey » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:03 pm

I did not witness the OPs incident, so I cannot comment on it. HOWEVER, this type of thing seems to be happening more and more lately.

That is to say, I've heard a lot on TS lately of regs (and sometimes admins) wanting kicks on people just for being noobs.

We had an incident this evening on Caen, where we as Axis managed to lose all but the front flag, basically we dug our own grave. Back at the last flag, some noob grabbed our Wespe, and proceeded to use it quite inefficiently. But then TS lit up with calls to kick/ban/castrate the poor guy. Keep in mind he wasn't violating any rules, not killing teammates or hijacking. An admin finally spoke up with the comment that if they kicked all noobs, there'd be ~10 ppl on the server.

The issue the regs had with the guy on Caen may have had something to do with the fact the he appeared to drive around the flag in circles for ~5 mins before he realised the pointy tube on the front is where the bullets come out and started shooting. During those ~5 minutes he died in the wespe at least 2 or 3 times, camped the wespe and got it again, and died again with out trying to fire a single shot.:help:

Fat Bastard

Postby Fat Bastard » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:16 am

I think its a valid kick from what I've read, esp me being an assault and having that apc protect while trying to get to the windmill is a huge help. But since it was just a kick it got his attention and he posted here since he didnt listen ingame.

BTW how accurate is that 50 cal. not that damn good. Have alot better luck doing surpression fire with a STG.

Postby hightimber » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:57 am

Originally posted by AnimalCracka
I didnt want to get called a dumbass over TS
We don't call you a dumbass over TS that much. Most times we do it via chat.

:beer: ;)

Love you, man!

CrazyBri

Postby CrazyBri » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:04 pm

Originally posted by hightimber

Love you, man!

I guess you haven't been on TS with Kristov eh? :P He cracks me up even when he's cursing me out for something. :D

Postby hightimber » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:33 pm

Originally posted by CrazyBri
I guess you haven't been on TS with Kristov eh? :P He cracks me up even when he's cursing [b]me out for something. :D [/B]
Oh, I've been there plenty enough for one lifetime.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:41 pm

Originally posted by hightimber

Love you, man!

I was waiting to see how long it would take you to jump on that you smacker. Youre getting kinda slow in your old age.:P :D :beer:

Oh BTW, I tried my first bottle of Fat Tire on Friday. I found a little pizza joint around here that sells it. All I can say is " damn tasty".

Thats the first beer in a long time that actually tasted good. Cheers :beer:

RCinator

Postby RCinator » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:44 am

I agree to the point that what they're doing isn't a direct rule violation. There's no excuse for breaking a rule - the "Read the rules" message and website address are chat spammed by the bot every other minute.

Previous

Return to Been Banned?