ridiculous reason for kicking

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
choad

ridiculous reason for kicking

Postby choad » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:37 am

a few hours ago on el alamien, i hoped on a flak gun at the south outpost. i occupy it for not even a minute, then get off. i see a text message saying 'hektor get off my flak' (that i was already off btw) and am suddenly kicked before i could even type an answer. what was the point of asking me to get off just to kick me anyway? if you're not repairing anything and are just standing by it, i don't see how anyone can lay claim to it. regardless, if asked nicely i would have gotten off with no protest.

when i reconnected and asked why i was kicked i got no answer of course from the cowardly admin. most of the admins on the server do an excellent job of policing it as far as i've seen but i think there are a few abusing their power. i dont plan on coming back to the server, but it would be a shame for it to get a bad rep and lose players: there are few popular 64 player BF1942 servers left.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:46 am

Dont take a kick personal choad. It was just to get your attention. The admins do a great job and not a single one abuses his power. Ive been kicked numerous times and Ive played here daily for more than a year. Im sure the admin responsible will post here soon to let you know his side.

Postby FarginMofo » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:01 am

Don't take it personally. I'm an admin and I've been kicked several times too. :)

It wasn't me who kicked you but I'll tell you this... When I man AA especially on El AL, I like to stand up from it. It lets me get a better view of whats coming. When I spot something, I jump right back in. So, next time, if you see someone doing that, give them the benefit of the doubt before jumping into the AA. Observe first. Lets say an enemy plane flys near and this person doesn't jump into AA at that time then I would say go ahead and take it.
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

Re: ridiculous reason for kicking

Postby Mugzy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:10 am

Originally posted by choad
if you're not repairing anything and are just standing by it, i don't see how anyone can lay claim to it.

I don't condone what the admin did, but I have also not heard his side of the story.

As far as who was using the aa, its common practice by regulars to stand next to the aa till a plane is in range. This way, the plane sees the empty AA dot on the minimap and thinks he is ok to attack that location. Then you hop in the aa and take him down.

I say you should give the server another try, get on Teamspeak, post on the forums and you will soon find that this is the only place you want to play.

Sometimes the admins have to make snap decisions, its a tough job to admin a server with so many players. Sometimes mistakes are made...
Mugzy
Senior Admin
Admin tool developer

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:11 am

I wasn't there, but I got a call on teamspeak that you stole a player's AA gun, he said you weren't getting out of it, so I kicked you for stealing vehicles (ok maybe AA doesn't move, but same thing)

I didn't see till later you asking what you were kicked for, and tried to answer, apparently you didn't see it...

It's just a kick... you are welcome back if you so choose...

And please read the rules for the server in the battlefield section...

Postby residue » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:32 am

hop on teamspeak too

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:42 am

I think an interesting and important thing to keep in mind, is that the best way for us to gain regulars around here is for the admins to kick them. We have a bunch of people I see on the server all the time who never get kicked or anything who are not on the forums, and not on teamspeak. Those who show up, make a mistake, get kicked, then come here, discover what this is all about and a bunch of them have stuck around and learned.

-Bagginses

Postby Folic_Acid » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:01 am

Choad, I'll take responsibility for your getting kicked. You'd hopped in the AA position that I'd just jumped out of for a quick repair, and such things are considered "vehicle stealing," and are taboo here. Since I'm still not used to having no chat lag, I informed Wrist about the situation via Teamspeak. Someone mentioned that I should ask you to hop out, which I tried to do, but apparently didn't do quickly enough.

So, it was my fault you got kicked, and I apologize. Feel free to take a look at the rules for a bit more clarification, and you're welcome to join us on the teamspeak channels - it makes the game a whole lot more fun.

Hope to see you back! :)

-F

Kurith

Re: ridiculous reason for kicking

Postby Kurith » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:59 pm

Originally posted by choad
a few hours ago on el alamien, i hoped on a flak gun at the south outpost. i occupy it for not even a minute, then get off. i see a text message saying 'hektor get off my flak' (that i was already off btw) and am suddenly kicked before i could even type an answer. what was the point of asking me to get off just to kick me anyway? if you're not repairing anything and are just standing by it, i don't see how anyone can lay claim to it. regardless, if asked nicely i would have gotten off with no protest.

when i reconnected and asked why i was kicked i got no answer of course from the cowardly admin. most of the admins on the server do an excellent job of policing it as far as i've seen but i think there are a few abusing their power. i dont plan on coming back to the server, but it would be a shame for it to get a bad rep and lose players: there are few popular 64 player BF1942 servers left.

kicks are a slap on the wrist, bans are something to worry about. I'm sure atleast 1 out of every 5 of us have gotten kicked atleast once, me included, think of it as a warning.

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:33 pm

Hell I was autokicked last night for my score getting down to -6.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:00 am

Originally posted by Agent-Commando
Hell I was autokicked last night for my score getting down to -6.

That makes you a :blow: :tard: :lol: DD's DESTROYERS RULE
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Fat Bastard

Postby Fat Bastard » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:37 pm

Originally posted by FarginMofo
Don't take it personally. I'm an admin and I've been kicked several times too. :)

It wasn't me who kicked you but I'll tell you this... When I man AA especially on El AL, I like to stand up from it. It lets me get a better view of whats coming. When I spot something, I jump right back in. So, next time, if you see someone doing that, give them the benefit of the doubt before jumping into the AA. Observe first. Lets say an enemy plane flys near and this person doesn't jump into AA at that time then I would say go ahead and take it.

I stand beside my AA gun all the time also, why cause the pilots on this server will take out that aa before going for tanks if they dont see it there. Not to mention your view sucks in the aa gun, your field of view is so much better being out of it and looking around.

Return to Been Banned?