Coral Sea (and other maps) and Complainers

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Postby LeVar Burton » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:19 pm

Roger that Enjin. Alot of the new TS'ers bitch and moan continuously. It starts to grate on ya after a while.

Yeah, I used to play alot during primetime, but lately there has been so much chatter from people I've never played with before. I think the chat lag fix has led to alot of people finding out what TS is. That, coupled with the endless chat lines taking up my screen has pissed me off lately. I'm pretty much just waiting for Vietnam...

Postby hightimber » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:20 am

Originally posted by LeVar Burton
Yeah, I used to play alot during primetime, but lately there has been so much chatter from people I've never played with before. I think the chat lag fix has led to alot of people finding out what TS is. That, coupled with the endless chat lines taking up my screen has pissed me off lately. I'm pretty much just waiting for Vietnam...
Yeah, last night some dork was typing "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" time after time (it wasn't accidental). Although it's a pain, remember you can just hit one letter (I choose 'k' because it's my global chat key) and hit return to wipe the screen clean. Eventually it's too much work and the idiot gives up or gets kicked (as is what happened last night).

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:20 am

My primary contribution to the game is bitching, bitching, and barn jokes...

Postby JimmyTango » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:33 am

I find the people having a conversation on TS during a match more annoying than bitching. Many times, the 'bitching' points an admin towards a smacktard. 'Who is that idiot in a tankat their main base.' 30 seconds later, you see someone is booted.

Now, the conversations get annoying. I am trying to tell people at the flag we are defending that infacntry is coming, meanwhile TS is being used to discuss something completely pointless.

Murgatroyd

Postby Murgatroyd » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:42 pm

Originally posted by JimmyTango
I find the people having a conversation on TS during a match more annoying than bitching. Many times, the 'bitching' points an admin towards a smacktard. 'Who is that idiot in a tankat their main base.' 30 seconds later, you see someone is booted.

Now, the conversations get annoying. I am trying to tell people at the flag we are defending that infacntry is coming, meanwhile TS is being used to discuss something completely pointless.

Hey! My porcelain egg cup and foreign doiley collections are far from pointless! Do you know how many hours I've put into classifying and labelling each one!

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:46 am

Originally posted by C. Murgatroyd
Hey! My porcelain egg cup and foreign doiley collections are far from pointless! Do you know how many hours I've put into classifying and labelling each one!

Oh look, you've gone and made Pollyanna cry... again...

Fat Bastard

Postby Fat Bastard » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:12 am

Originally posted by JimmyTango

Yeap between rounds and stuff not a problem but during the map they need to go to an empty room to talk.

Kurith

Postby Kurith » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:44 am

Originally posted by residue
i think this is very similar to the situation on difficult maps when one side can't cross a bridge, assault a hill, etc. people, regulars included, then decide to snipe because they feel it's hopeless to even try for the rest of the round.

which brings up an interesting event about a year ago. i was playing axis on omg. i think i was 3-3-22 because i was the only person on the entire team trying to cross the bridges. naturally, i was mowed down almost every time because 10 guys were waiting for me on the other side. i heard kristov and colt on ts discussing how pathetic i must be to have such a low score and i, along with other bottom dwellers, was soon kicked from the server.

wait wait wait wait, YOU were kicked? How does THAT make sence?

Postby TChicken » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:17 am

So to all the players out there whether “reg” or not, TS or no TS, when your team gets beat down because of lack of D at key flags, instead of bitching about it here is what you do. The next time that map comes up play D at the base that cost you the game. Maybe things will go different.

There's an important point missing here: defending the back flags is boring. Ever spent 45 min defending the south-central flag in gazala from NOBODY? I have...
Losing a flag and taking it back is a lot more fun than standing around, reading the paper, killing the 1 x jumper pilot, looking for familiar shapes in clouds, waving to the passing tanks, etc.
Of course I take my turns defending, but fun it (usually) ain't.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:44 am

True....true ...true Thats I always try to play with people who defend
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby Toe-Jam » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:57 pm

I have come to enjoy defending on Bulge, El Al and Tobrok alot!!

Postby FarginMofo » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:46 pm

"Boring D" all depends on which maps your playing, which players are on your side, and the situation your team is currently in. On Bulge, D at the depot will always be entertaining unless your team is so dominant that it doesn't give up a single CP and doesn't allow any axis to get back to the depot in the first place. But how many times does that happen?

Now, lets say your axis on Gazala, axis takes all four CPs plus has dominant air cover. If your defending any of the south 2 flags you may never see an enemy again. Someone should really stay back at SW in a tank to protect against jumpers but other than that there really isn't a reason, in this case, for any more to stay back. Now, lets say SW is your only base left of the 4, then defense should be as much of a priority as attacking.

The "whole point" is this (directed to general public but mainly those that bitch on TS) - If all you do is attack then I don't want to hear you bitch and whine when your team loses 500+ to 0 in a few minutes because no one defended.

PS. I've played many maps where I did nothing all game long but defend. Some of these where even against "nobody". No one said its a fun job.
    "Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
    "Who's we sucka!?"
    "Smith and Wesson and me."

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:02 pm

The most fun maps to defend:
    Bulge
    Caen
    El Al
    Iwo

The least:
    Gazala
    Guadal
    Eagles Nest
    Midway

Whenever any of those least maps come up, I try to find someone who's defending a flag and switch with them. Let them go out, mix some stuff up, then hopefully they'll come back and give me a break.

-Bagginses

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:02 pm

I love defending Eagles nest. There is always some smacker trying to sneak around.

Postby Wairudo Enjin » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:13 pm

Originally posted by AnimalCracka
    I love defending Eagles nest. There is always some smacker trying to sneak around.

Yeah!....

And STOP SHOOTING ME when I do! :P :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Been Banned?