Question regarding #1, and admins...

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
American McGee

Question regarding #1, and admins...

Postby American McGee » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:49 pm

Since Church has been switched to EOD, I've been playing quite a bit more on #1, reg. BF. Sevral days in a row, I've noticed many people, mostly non-regs, who are aware of the rules, and have been putting into chat people TKing, driving planes to vehicles, shooting friendly vehicles, etc. Someone commented last night that the admins were doing plenty of kicking, but paying no attention to the chat requests for problems.

I realise that TS is an incredible boon for the role-playing, but as even some of our regulars know, it's not an available option to all players.

Several times, under psuedo-names, and my regular name, I've watched gameplay, and made my own requests, using only chat. Tonight, driving a destroyer on Guadacanal, not only was I getting nailed by an enemy destroyer, but I had two Chi-has and a Wespe from MY OWN TEAM shelling me at the my own teams airfield. (Was backing around the point to the other side of the island)

I typed in seveal mentions of this, and then two blatant requests for kicks, and no response for any of them. I know that TS is recommended to all players who hit #1, but it's by far not a requirement.

If "player one" gets Tked several times by another teammate, and can't get an admin's attention in chat, he has two options, leave, or revenge. IMO, if he revenges and someone happens to notice at just that moment, and "player one" gets kicked for the revenge TK, that is COMPLETELY unfair. (Hypo. sit. only)

My TS keybinds were failing earlier tonight, and I had no way to switch channels without tabbing out of game, and hoping BF didn't crash in the process. It didn't but after switching channels, mentioning that I had three friendlies attacking my ship, my only response was, "Oh, then I had help then."

I'll definately be in the ECGN matches, but likely no one will be seeing much of me otherwise, EOD doesn't impress me, and #1 just gets too insane, and too hard to find a spot on. Look for me on the oilrigs buds!

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:37 pm

I try to see those types of things in chat, but with all the messages that go by and some of the radio call spamming, it can be a challenge... that compounded by me not really used to looking at all the chat all the time makes calling for kicks via chat an iffy proposition at best.

For one, I'm unlikely to kick someone based on the word of someone I don't know over chat... I'll look and see if the accused has a negative score, or it was just in the console log, but often times there's nothing there... now if it's someone like OMNI, who is rarely on TS, but is definitely a reg, I'll probably listen more carefully... This may sound like favoritism, but that's just the way it has to be with all of the drop in and casual players on #1... You can't recognize and know everyone...

One other request I'd like to make, if you are on TS, please put something in your nick to let me know, so I don't accidentally kick you for sniper overpopulation or the like... I give out chat warnings before I do, but sometimes they aren't seen, and I'll tell people over TS to switch too...

Like I said, I try to know who's who and who's on TS, but with all of the newer people it's tough to know everyone :)

Murgatroyd

Postby Murgatroyd » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:47 pm

So, wrist, was that you then that kicked me?

Postby BladeRunner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:50 pm

Rule, said it pretty much the way i look at it too.
if an unknown name asks for a kick i might kick if the tkers
score is going negative. in most cases i have to see the
offense or have confirmation from other players.
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Kurith

Postby Kurith » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:55 pm

Well McGee we could always be Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber and dominate the skies of EA Coral Sea games :)

Stick around though, EOD isn't really impressive to me either and rumor has it that Yadad has been aching to fly those DC jet planes so perhaps his server will revert back to DC. :)

Postby WeSSiN » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:30 am

How dare you insult EoD :mad:

k bye :)
In-game name: [ECGN]FI2ick

Re: Question regarding #1, and admins...

Postby Chacal » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:13 am

Originally posted by American McGee
Sevral days in a row, I've noticed many people, mostly non-regs, who are aware of the rules, and have been putting into chat people TKing, driving planes to vehicles, shooting friendly vehicles, etc. Someone commented last night that the admins were doing plenty of kicking, but paying no attention to the chat requests for problems.

I realise that TS is an incredible boon for the role-playing, but as even some of our regulars know, it's not an available option to all players.

Several times, under psuedo-names, and my regular name, I've watched gameplay, and made my own requests, using only chat. Tonight, driving a destroyer on Guadacanal, not only was I getting nailed by an enemy destroyer, but I had two Chi-has and a Wespe from MY OWN TEAM shelling me at the my own teams airfield. (Was backing around the point to the other side of the island)

I typed in seveal mentions of this, and then two blatant requests for kicks, and no response for any of them. I know that TS is recommended to all players who hit #1, but it's by far not a requirement.

I certainly won't kick if requested by someone I don't know. Do you have any idea how many of these we get?

When requested by someone I know, even on TS, I'll usually have a look at the suspect. Experience shows that requests are not always (or even often) accurate.

In the case of your destroyer, I find it hard to believe those 2 guys would jointly decide to sink your destroyer on purpose. They probably thought you were an enemy ship. I would have ignored your request. We don't kick noob players.

To make matters more clear, we're under strict and precise instructions from the server owner to only kick and ban when we're SURE of the situation, and NOT automatically on regular player's requests.

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:16 am

mcgee, don't stop playing on #1 cause of this..would hate to see a good player and good guy go man... come on...wrist is right about familiarity of players...

Re: Question regarding #1, and admins...

Postby Vamprey » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:26 am

Originally posted by American McGee

"Oh, then I had help then."

That was me. I just put ~6 shots into an allied destroyer. Somebody on Axis asked for a ship report and I said I just sank 1 at their airfield. If that was you then you are confused on some things. the allies don't get chi-ha or wespe.

American McGee

Postby American McGee » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:23 am

Originally posted by Agent-Commando
mcgee, don't stop playing on #1 cause of this..would hate to see a good player and good guy go man... come on...wrist is right about familiarity of players...

Nah, I'm not quitting, there aren't enough experienced trap laying engi's on the server...just won't see me as often when it's full...

oh, and HAVOC'S HELLIONS RULE!~

Kurith

Postby Kurith » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:03 am

Yeh I haven't been on #1 recently, I've joined up a few times this week in the early hours but haven't been on when its full in a long time.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:30 am

I have to agree with Chacal and Rule. I am not used to the no lag on the in game chat. I try to always watch it but it can scroll very fast. I will not kick on a request from someone I do not know for the simple fact that some players use this in order to get a piece of equipment. If a reg asks that I know, then I will be more inclined to exercise that option than someone I don’t know. I also try to look at the suspects score before I give a kick. I know that the really good smackers only shoot you enough to not kill you. The simple fact is that the regs wanted the free cam off and that limits the admins. McGee I am sorry if you find the efforts of the admins less than Par on this matter. We try to do our best. I have played with you and enjoy it, as you are the type of player that makes up the backbone of ECGN. However, count your self as lucky that you found the community/TS and take advantage of it, because your word does count for something here. We will kick if you have a complaint. Before I got on TS I got kicked here as well. If I can find the TS then anyone can. If you feel that this is a reason to stop playing here on a regular bases I am sorry to see you go. Have A Nice Day.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:44 am

I have run into this from both sides... Playing incognito and trying for admin attention doesn't work. TS isn't just there for team communication, and for those of us who have grown so used to getting an admins attention with it is second nature. But playing incognito without TS is just denying yourself the full benefits that come with the ECGN servers. If you have spent enough time here to be known as a regular (smacker or otherwise), then you know how well the admins try to do their jobs with the tools they have.

So please, if you feel you are getting less than stellar attention from the admins here when you are ingocnito, remember that you chose to limit your gaming experience in this way.

Return to Been Banned?