Could the admin who kicked me please PM me?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Murgatroyd

Could the admin who kicked me please PM me?

Postby Murgatroyd » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:33 pm

Could the admin that kicked me on Guadalcanal today (02-25-04) around 7pm please PM me so that we can discuss what happened? Thanks.

Kurith

Postby Kurith » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:52 am

incase you didnt already know.

http://bf1.ecgn.net/whywasikicked.php

Postby Chacal » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:21 am

Wasn't me, but here's why:
2/25/2004 19:40:11 : # [Global] [ECGN] Murgatroyd : whoever's on our aa, you're a retard
2/25/2004 19:40:18 : # [Global] [ECGN] Murgatroyd : and I hope your family dies

I certainly would have kicked you as well.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:28 am

Whoa.....thats a bit harsh....calling someone a retard is all well and good but hoping death on someones family is fu**ed up.

Agent-Commando

Postby Agent-Commando » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:13 am

bad day Murgatroyd?

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:11 am

Everyone has a bad day... let it be. Although MURG you do owe a sorry. (Please do that)
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby JimmyTango » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 am

Wow.

For all the cussing I hear on TS, this is nothing.

Murgatroyd

Postby Murgatroyd » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:49 am

Well, I *knew* why I was kicked, and wanted to apologize to the admin personally (which I did).

So, with that said, I will do my best to reiterate what I said to the admin privatlely.

What I said was wildly inappropriate. As a regular, as well as a bearer of the "ECGN" tag, a certain standard of behavior should be followed, and what I said certainly didn't fall within that standard.

What I said was said with sarcasm, but upon retrospect, I could see how it could be easily misconstrued. I don't want people to think that I'm the type of person who would seriously wish physical harm on someone or their loved ones as a result of something as trite as their actions within an on-line game.

So, that's a major caveat on my part. I wasn't looking for the reason I was kicked, nor did I really want it made public (Which is why I said "Could the admin..." instead of "Who kicked me and why...") - I'm somewhat embarrassed about what I said - it was said in haste and was meant as a sarcastic barb - but as I said previously, I see how it could easily be misconstrued, especially because of the nature of the on-line gaming scene: none of you (or any of the transients) know me or what kind of person I am, so I see how it could be assumed that I was not being sarcastic.

Of course I should have been kicked for what I said - and I was, rightfully so. I just wanted to apologize to the admin that was astute enough to catch it.

In summation, it was meant as a sarcastic barb, but in hindsight, I should have stopped with the "retard" part.

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:19 pm

I still love you Murg :D

Postby Chacal » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:40 pm

No problem, Murgatroyd.
It's easier to understand that kind of humor after the facts. Sorry for going public, but we have reasons for that as well.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Buliwyf » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:17 pm

The matter is now resolved. As I explained to Murgatroyd if I had TS available at the time I would have spoken to him as a warning and put a warning msg in the console, but without able to speak to him, i gave the kick as we can't let ppl assume we will let that go on.

Everything is ok now.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby Harry Canyon » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:42 pm

Guys..... and Hellacious :D

Let this be a reminder for ALL OF US to 'try' to keep the ^&%#&%*( down on both TS and chat. It's been getting better but it still needs to be cleaned up. I know it's hard to change habits that we've been doing, but this ^%$#%&^ has been keeping people away from the server. Try to resist the urge if possible and when you can, remind others 'nicely'. Trust me, it's not easy to change your ways....;)

Don't worry so much about the ocasional outburst. I had one just the other day...

When I was just getting a bead in a Zero on Rule in his Corsair, ready to press the trigger, then Residue circling the other direction in a Zero rammed me headon. DAMN!!!! The cussing on TS by me and Residue and the laughing by Rule was heard for about a minute or two. :mad: :eek: :mad:

Postby Vamprey » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:13 pm

Since this appears to be resloved lets put it behind us with a few beers...:beer: :beer: :beer:

Murgatroyd

Postby Murgatroyd » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:54 pm

I'd like to thank you guys for your understanding and patience regarding this issue, and again, I'm sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

Thanks. :beer:

Rule of Wrist

Postby Rule of Wrist » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:54 pm

Originally posted by Harry Canyon
Don't worry so much about the ocasional outburst. I had one just the other day...

When I was just getting a bead in a Zero on Rule in his Corsair, ready to press the trigger, then Residue circling the other direction in a Zero rammed me headon. DAMN!!!! The cussing on TS by me and Residue and the laughing by Rule was heard for about a minute or two. :mad: :eek: :mad:

I seem to have that effect on people sometimes :D

(PS I totally planned that maneuver so you guys would collide :P )

Next

Return to Been Banned?