A pretty please unban message

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

A pretty please unban message

Postby Rotoman » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:31 pm

Got 2 kicks today for negative score and got the autoban. I was playing as an engineer and had mine trouble on one map and then switched to AT and had a fellow teammember drive in front of me as I was engaging a tank.

Please unban.

Thanks.
Athlon 3200, Radeon 9800Pro, 2 Gig DDR400 RAM, Audigy Gamer, SB 5.1 speakers, NEC 17" monitor.

Die....then quit.

Postby Chacal » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:50 pm

Unbanned. The chat log confirms your story. Please be careful.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Rotoman » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:55 pm

Thanks, I'm sticking to wrenches without mines for awhile.
Athlon 3200, Radeon 9800Pro, 2 Gig DDR400 RAM, Audigy Gamer, SB 5.1 speakers, NEC 17" monitor.

Die....then quit.

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:39 pm

Go with Detpacks as opposed to mines. Much more controllable and alot more satisfying. The best part is being able to hide them behind bridge railings and in bushes where vehicles just have to be next to them instead of over them.

-Bagginses

Postby hightimber » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:00 pm

Originally posted by Bagginses
Go with Detpacks as opposed to mines. Much more controllable and alot more satisfying. The best part is being able to hide them behind bridge railings and in bushes where vehicles just have to be next to them instead of over them.

-Bagginses
Hey, I'll have to give that a try!!! ;) :D :P

Postby Vamprey » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:00 pm

Originally posted by Bagginses

-Bagginses

That is a nice alternative but sometimes it has unpleasent results also. On gazala sw I put xpacs on the repair pad to take out enemy tanks trying to save themselves there. Just before they timed out a friendly wespe parks on the pad. On the 3rd boom his wespe was toast. He respawned there and revenge tk'd me.:mad:

Postby Rotoman » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:56 pm

This was one of those cases where Murphy's law was running rampant on my a$$ for about 4 rounds in a row. Seemed like everytime I tried something I managed to TK. The final thing that got me booted was a jeep full of teammembers that drove right in front of me as I let loose a bazooka round on an enemy tank. Managed to TK 3 guys all at once and *snick* BANNED FROM SERVER. Grrrr!

The funny thing was after Chacal graciously let me back in, I got in a game and someone typed to Buli to 'Kick Rotoman he's nothing but a TK'er' That was my clue to call it a day. I know I'm not that good but when I started getting lumped into the smacker catagory it was all my precious ego could take. :D

Die....then quit.

Postby Vamprey » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Originally posted by Rotoman
This was one of those cases where Murphy's law was running rampant on my a$$ for about 4 rounds in a row. Seemed like everytime I tried something I managed to TK. The final thing that got me booted was a jeep full of teammembers that drove right in front of me as I let loose a bazooka round on an enemy tank. Managed to TK 3 guys all at once and *snick* BANNED FROM SERVER. Grrrr!

The funny thing was after Chacal graciously let me back in, I got in a game and someone typed to Buli to 'Kick Rotoman he's nothing but a TK'er' That was my clue to call it a day. I know I'm not that good but when I started getting lumped into the smacker catagory it was all my precious ego could take. :D

Please don't stay away because of something some :tard: said. It seems like maybe you just had a run of bad luck. If you don't have Team Speak you should download and install it. Being able talk with other players makes a big difference in avoiding engy tks and promoting team play. It also helps you explain it was an accident and not you trying to be a :tard: .

American McGee

Postby American McGee » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:50 pm

Bah, you newB engineers. Guess we'll have to do an engi training course one night to go along with with Rule's flight school. Lots of awful evil tricks to use as engi...

Hard part is staying alive long enough to use the damn tricks...maybe engies need a second position for a ride along gunner ;)

Return to Been Banned?