Why #1 is dying as of late

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Postby hightimber » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:21 pm

Well, #1 certainly isn't dying in a population sort of way. Half the time I want to join, it's full. Like probably everyone else, I prefer to play with regs with whom I'm familiar and not complete strangers.

I'm not sure why the admins just can't let go with a "stop bitching" or stop the incessant blather on TeamSpeak if appropriate. Some guys do need to plug it on occasion.

Regardless of the perceived downfall of #1, it's still far and away the best place to play 1942 that I've found.

BF:v should breathe a needed breath of fresh air into our sails in just 7 days. We'll all be n00bs again (for a while) and I think some of the fun will return.

Kurith

Postby Kurith » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:27 pm

Originally posted by JimmyTango
The only annoying 'whining' and 'bithing' is when someone brings up a well written post, only to have admins reply with this BS.

Usually I agree with most of the admins decisions. But never with this.

On TS, when you hear, what to me is the only annoying 'complaints' come from people who do nto even post here. Someone in this thread wrote about a TS'er demanding a kick, then another yelling for no immediate response. That is what you get from advertising that TS server in game. If you do not want those kids doing it, do not advertise the TS server during the game, only do it on the forums. You will cut off the fat by doing it, and only the more serious players will be on TS.

I know, I know, I proved your point since I do not grovel at your feet..........

I don't even see your point, whats your point? Be kind and enlighten the unenlightened.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:30 pm

The admins on #1 are great, I dont need to tell you guys that. Im always appreciative for the way the server is maintained and map rotation and everything. My particular reason for not being on #1 lately is that there are so many people on TS that I dont know. Some of the new people are alright but a whole hell of alot of them are whining, bitching, griping nubs that think because theyre on TS, they dont have to STFU for a minute. People trying to talk over one another and people that actually have something important to say and cant get a word in edgewise are really pet peeves for me that I dont handle very well. Im forced to quit after 30 minutes or lose my mind.
My other reason is that since Im an admin on CoE, I have a certain obligation and responsibility to be there and make sure the server is not turning into an EA smackfest and Ive known almost everyone over there for over a year now and we all respect each other, atleast most of the time.

As always, just my 3.5 cents.

Xythar

Postby Xythar » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:41 pm

I think when Vietnam comes out, it will be much more spread out...people on church, BF #1, Vietnam server etc etc

One thing I do hope for is that I am not one of those guys on TS that you guys feel talk too much or my stuttering voice is too annoying :roll:

I have been really trying to show my skills and try to fit in this community because their isnt another one this dedicated and friendly. :cool:

Kurith

Postby Kurith » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:41 pm

Ya its time for me to take a vacation from the community. ECGN #1 just isnt the same, and my PC can't handle Forgotten Hope until I get some more RAM. I'll be chattin with you guys on instant messenger and forums but I probably won't be in game for a while

Ralph Wiggum

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:46 pm

Remember when we had multiple ladies on the server? Those were the days.

Postby BladeRunner » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:58 pm

Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
Remember when we had multiple ladies on the server? Those were the days.

i remember :) Nina would say "guys i need some help over
here". half the guys would take off to help Nina and they
didn't even know where here is. ;)
:beer: :beer: :beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:12 pm

Originally posted by BladeRunner

:rotflmao: :beer: :rotflmao:
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:28 pm

Originally posted by Xythar
I think when Vietnam comes out, it will be much more spread out...people on church, BF #1, Vietnam server etc etc

One thing I do hope for is that I am not one of those guys on TS that you guys feel talk too much or my stuttering voice is too annoying :roll:

I have been really trying to show my skills and try to fit in this community because their isnt another one this dedicated and friendly. :cool:

Xythar in my opinion you do fit in very nicely in the community and it is fun to game with you. You also handle TS the way it was meant to be. :beer:
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Postby Hellacious » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:05 pm

Originally posted by BladeRunner

Hey what about me...I feel left out:( .....

In Game Name [ECGN-ADMIN]Hellacious

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:09 pm

Originally posted by Hellacious
Hey what about me...I fell left out:( .....

you FELL left out? dang, I would have caught you! :lol: :P
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby BladeRunner » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:54 pm

Originally posted by Hellacious
Hey what about me...I fell left out:( .....

Sorry Hellacious, the guys go crazy when ever any of the
women ask for help. :)
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

CrazyBri

Postby CrazyBri » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:02 pm

I admit that it's kind of a bummer that by the time I finally get a mic and set it up for ecgn and teamspeak, the regulars are frustrated with too much TS chatter.(I know I'll get the violin icon for this :D ) I can't blame them though because I understand that it makes it tough to play when you can't even hear the game sound fx over the chatter. I know hardly anybody will recognize my voice and think of me as a regular on TS but as long as I keep my comments to a minimum and only use TS for the proper purposes I would think that would be ok. Not all of us newer guys on TS are there to scare you away.

Please understand that some of us play with a directsound silencer so that you don't hear the game sound in the background when we speak (so I can play with surroundsound speakers). The problem with this is I might talk over somebody and not realize it because the sound gets muted out when hitting the "press to talk" key. I feel that if I keep comments short this can be less of a problem.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

I wasnt talking about anyone here, the persons I am talking about dont even visit the forums to my knowledge.

Postby FarginMofo » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:27 pm

ditto on Blade's comment. :beer:

Using the word "dying" for this thread might have been a little harsh. Shoot, the other night it took me 15 minutes to get onto the server after 7 unsuccessful tries. A "reg" or 2 might be AWOL but for every one of them there are probably a dozen more waiting for a slot to open on the server.

For me, it mostly comes down to those SW maps. Every time they come up, the server head count goes down to about 40 give or take. Right now (11:20 EST) is the perfect example: After a pretty good Caen, Telemark comes on. Guess how many players are on the server?

Answer is 38. (there were 39 but I kicked a player named ".")
:)
"Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here."
"Who's we sucka!?"
"Smith and Wesson and me."

PreviousNext

Return to Been Banned?