Banned

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Unregistered

Banned

Postby Unregistered » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:41 pm

I played on your server 4/4/04 and was having fun, and playing well. I was shooting planes and choppers down with an AA tank, when all of a sudden I was banned. I sent an email and was sent here. I did not find an explanation in your link above. I can understand being kicked for other members, but a ban for no reason is not acceptable. Our server never treats anyone with such rudeness, and I would like an apology before I discuss this with my clan/server members.

[R1] Whiskey

Stafford, VA
email stokesrwst69@adelphia.net

*edit*
Couldnt seem to reply so I will post here....
It was on a BFV server...#2 I believe, @ 6 a.m. 4/4/04

Postby Bossman » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Which server/game were you playing? There are more than a few here......approximately what time did you get kicked? The more info you give will help the admins look into it. I am sure they will get back to you shortly

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:29 am

As far as I know Admins NEVER kick to make room for ECGN regs. If you were AFK then maybe? It would never be a ban...so I dont think a apology is necessary.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Re: Banned

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:01 am

Originally posted by Unregistered
Our server never treats anyone with such rudeness, and I would like an apology before I discuss this with my clan/server members.

What is there to discuss?

Anyway... onto why you were kicked / banned.

After looking through the logs, I found you fell victim to a bug in BVSM. On our server, we have a rule about short names. If your name is under 3 letters / numbers, it qualifies a kick / temporary ban. At the time, there was a player named 'q' playing. While one of our admins was trying to temporary ban this 'q' person, you were accidently kicked by BVSM. When searching your IP, I couldn't find it in the banlist. Therefore, I have concluded that you are not banned, and can reconnect at any time.

From the log:
4/4/2004 06:42:15 : User ADMIN-NAME at x.x.x.x banned player [R1] Whiskey ([unknown]) at x.x.x.x on map OPERATION IRVING until Sun Apr 04 06:46:54 2004 .
4/4/2004 06:42:15 : User ADMIN-NAME at x.x.x.x said 'Player q TMP BAN for having a too short name-5 MIN Ban'.

Again, the admin did indeed click on q's name, however, you were kicked / banned instead, unbeknownst to the admin.

It was an accident, so here is your demanded 'apology.'

Return to Been Banned?