This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Post a reply

Banned

Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:41 pm

I played on your server 4/4/04 and was having fun, and playing well. I was shooting planes and choppers down with an AA tank, when all of a sudden I was banned. I sent an email and was sent here. I did not find an explanation in your link above. I can understand being kicked for other members, but a ban for no reason is not acceptable. Our server never treats anyone with such rudeness, and I would like an apology before I discuss this with my clan/server members.

[R1] Whiskey

Stafford, VA
email stokesrwst69@adelphia.net

*edit*
Couldnt seem to reply so I will post here....
It was on a BFV server...#2 I believe, @ 6 a.m. 4/4/04

Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Which server/game were you playing? There are more than a few here......approximately what time did you get kicked? The more info you give will help the admins look into it. I am sure they will get back to you shortly

Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:29 am

As far as I know Admins NEVER kick to make room for ECGN regs. If you were AFK then maybe? It would never be a ban...so I dont think a apology is necessary.

Re: Banned

Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:01 am

Originally posted by Unregistered
Our server never treats anyone with such rudeness, and I would like an apology before I discuss this with my clan/server members.

What is there to discuss?

Anyway... onto why you were kicked / banned.

After looking through the logs, I found you fell victim to a bug in BVSM. On our server, we have a rule about short names. If your name is under 3 letters / numbers, it qualifies a kick / temporary ban. At the time, there was a player named 'q' playing. While one of our admins was trying to temporary ban this 'q' person, you were accidently kicked by BVSM. When searching your IP, I couldn't find it in the banlist. Therefore, I have concluded that you are not banned, and can reconnect at any time.

From the log:
4/4/2004 06:42:15 : User ADMIN-NAME at x.x.x.x banned player [R1] Whiskey ([unknown]) at x.x.x.x on map OPERATION IRVING until Sun Apr 04 06:46:54 2004 .
4/4/2004 06:42:15 : User ADMIN-NAME at x.x.x.x said 'Player q TMP BAN for having a too short name-5 MIN Ban'.

Again, the admin did indeed click on q's name, however, you were kicked / banned instead, unbeknownst to the admin.

It was an accident, so here is your demanded 'apology.'
Post a reply