Banned from ECGNetwork #2?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Landon West

Banned from ECGNetwork #2?

Postby Landon West » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:12 pm

I was just playing on ECGNetwork #2 only to be disconnected after being TKed by some guy. I was greeted with the friendly message "Banned from server." However, I do not understand why.

I didn't do anything against the rules, and I've played on ECGNetwork #1 for as long as I can remember with no problems? Aside from problems I'm having with my ISP at the moment with lag spikes that occur every 15 minutes, my pings are generally in the 50ms range.

I've also been kicked from the server a few times as well, all at random times. I haven't understood that either, because the kicks have never happened during my lag spikes and I was usually #1 or #2 on the team I was playing on.

Can someone please enlighten me on what I may have done to receive the banning? I go by Landon West in game.

Murgatroyd

Postby Murgatroyd » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:21 pm

Not 100% sure, but I think that the bot bans after a certain amount of lag kicks..

Postby Buliwyf » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:06 pm

please post this in the appropriate forum section:

http://forums.powervs.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=31
XBOX 360 Gamertag

cashcow

Postby cashcow » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:12 pm

The log reads:

Landon West
Auto kick
minus-score (-6)
2/13/2004 19:25:53

Landon West

Postby Landon West » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:19 pm

Originally posted by cashcow
The log reads:

Landon West
Auto kick
minus-score (-6)
2/13/2004 19:25:53

No I saw that, but I don't know when that could've been. I've seriously never gone around intentionally killing teammates.

Postby Chacal » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:21 pm

All it takes is 3 stupid teammates driving over your mines...
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Postby Bossman » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:23 pm

.....and there are plenty of stupid teammates :)

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:50 pm

Originally posted by Bossman

Bossman for one...:P

-Bagginses

Postby Bossman » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:30 am

I can feel the love...

Bullhead

Postby Bullhead » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:34 am

Originally posted by Bossman

yes, enough of them were playing axis on coral sea sunday night I got kicked twice in the first 5 min., thanks to idiots running back and forth on the runway, causing me to mow them down on takeoff (not a whole lot of room to manuver in the archival, with a zero on your left and a conn tower on the right....).

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:16 am

Landon west your name sounds very familiar. I have been the only admin on as of late on #2, and I don’t have time to write down every ban/kick. However, I do remember a massive smacker purge on #2 when everyone was shooting up choppers and each other on IRVING. I do remember you were being a smacker. I don’t remember if it was a day ban or a perm ban. I do know that I do not kick without cause, and I remember your name so it must have been a serious offense. :( I will look into it. (The logs)
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Landon West

Postby Landon West » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:27 am

Please do, and I do believe it's a permanent ban. I can't connect today either. This really sucks as this is my favorite server no doubt :(, and I'm really at a loss as to when I could have been "smacking around". Of any servers that I've played on, your servers would definitely be the last ones I would screw around on.

Postby BladeRunner » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:30 am

Landon, can you post or pm your keyhash to Devildog so
that he can check the ban list for you.

if you don't know your key hash, join another server and
hit tilde type "game.listplayers" without quotes.

write that number down, we can use that # to see if your hash
is still in the banlist.
:beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Landon West

Postby Landon West » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:25 pm

Alright, id:33? Is that the number I was looking for?

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:44 pm

LW you were given a 10 min ban for shooting up choppers. Our remote manager is having problems right now. It was not a perm ban unlike some, because you seemed to be playing well before you joined in on the smacktardness that was happening. (I guess it is contagious) Having said this I will lift the ban as long as you understand that if it happens again it will be permanent. Have fun but read the rules please.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Next

Return to Been Banned?