Is this working?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Unregistered

Is this working?

Postby Unregistered » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:01 am

Howdy fellow BF'ers,

Recently I was on the ECGNetowrk#2 BFV server playing Operation Flaming Dart.

I made a few good chopper runs with the Chinook and both times carried our Allied spawn point to the other islands to better our chances. I would like to think of this as "Good Team Play".

After I was killed by enemy fire, I spawned back at camp near the chopper pads. Once on the pad (Just like everyone else in the server that wanted a chopper) I stood there admiring the jets flying over head and stood silently on the pad awaiting a chopper... Low and behold I couldn't help but notice two precarious players standing to either side of me just staring me down. Although it's only a game and not real in the slightest sense, I couldn't help but "feel" the hairs on my neck begin to stand.

Next I noted in the chat log that these two players, to whom I never had aquaintence before, started making bold statements, forcing me to lave the pad. Then, trying to ignore them as your basic smacktard "Im MR Big and your playing on my server, so it's my rules or the highway" Starts to walk into me pushing me off the pad just slightly.. Then I saw ABBLE "Get off the pad or the chopper wont spawn!".

I thought back in the BF months when I noted there was a patch that inhibited plane spawns when a player idled too near the spawnpoint. I thought, hmm not that I knew of in BFV so far and even recanted my past few games where I was on a pad and had the chopper spawn right on me kind of pushing me to the side a bit, so I figured, ahh! They just want the chopper and I was here first and they probably aren't the patient type to wait so instead are choosing to bully the first person in line off the pads. My remark was "Sure it will spawn" I thought a few more seconds and they will see it themselves.

Now I am the first guy, that once I get a chopper to look around and pick up the first guy I see looking for a ride. I especially like the back up of a good gunner. However during my thinking, found myself pushed off the pad further yet only to turn and see that the chopper had spawned and both players had "stolen" the chopper and were making a hasty take off .. Well! I'll be, I thought, what smacktards.. I looked up and they seemed to be going straight up almost out of sight as if they were just taunting that they got the bird before me with the help of a little push n shove game.

I did the first thing most people I've seen do in this situation, I opened fire with my M60 right into thier belly. Thinking I'm not going to down the bird, epsecially when they were on my team and they were still directly over the pad and could have easily landed or hovered for a fast repair, but thought at least it would let them know how much I didn't appreciate the way they pushed thier wieght around on this server.

After I fired a few rounds I saw them come straight back down and land to repair, thinking ok, so now they are off and I guess I have to wait for the next chopper.. Wow was I wrong again.. now I see in the chat log my name again.. Abble good bye.. I'm thinking what? they just sat there in the chopper, it had to be a full minute and half all the time Im thinking why are they just sitting there.. then I see in the chat "Get In!" "Get In!" Now Im really confused, there are only two seats in the chopper and why would he be yelling that?

I was then standing there watching between my beloved chopper lovers (so much so they have to push guys around on the pad, something I can't believe they ahve to resort to) and the other planes/choppers in the air around me watching for enemy targets.. I was just about to type my first chat in the game and ask him to just leave with the chopper already, thinking how he was just holding up the game sitting there with the chopper so long.. but before I could type the first two letters, BAM, next thing I saw was a menu bar that read "You have been Banned!"

Which brings me to here... It was SGTDevilDog which I seem to remember being one of the guys on the pad.. and after much searching on the game browser was able to find the server name again and locate this site. I am Furious, so much so that for the first time since playing BFV I would love to make the guy who took the time to Ban me for a lousy few gun rounds into his chopper... 1st, tell me why exactly.. and 2nd apologize for being such an Over Bearing Pretentious, Moderator that "thinks" because he has a title he has to overly abuse it.

I am from a Dev Team, I many times have seen smacktard behavior on our servers and not once did I abuse my ability to kick or ban anyone. nor have I ever kicked anyone from any game. I asume as many others out there do, It's just a game and smacktards will be what they are and Ruley Admins just the same.. Well I don't know who stole your Sherrif Badge as a kid, but apparently it's payback time and the only satisfaction you can find is banning Paying BFV players from servers that you otherwise wouldn't have if it weren't for everyone that purchased this game.

Or wait, I am sure you would find some other game to satisfy your Bulliness... I mean just after reading some of your threads on this forum, I would never want to play on your server again, even if it was the last one for BFV or any other game. Normally I would take my losses from most anything and go on my way, but this is for the cause of the many other players out there who suffer from the same Bullheadedness that I received here.

I hope you get your thrills playing Big Bad Server Cop... Get a Life.

<--- Leaves and joins one of thousands of other online servers, who needs this crap from the Internet, there's enough people like you in real life pushing others around.. well enjoy it caue some day it's going to bite you right in the Back Side.

Postby Ryan » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:50 am

Idiot.

You broke rules, you paid the consiquences.

First off, I was the one who banned you. I was playing incognito, as to catch smacktards in action. Sure enough, I caught plenty tonight. Here is your scenario.

Devil and I were both flying in the Cobra. Unfortunelly, we were shot down by a teammate, and had both respawned and had ran back for the helopad. Heres where you broke rule #1.

Both helos were up when you were camping, and we had just spawned to see you standing on the pad. No no #1.. camping for planes / helos. No big deal, though.

Then, as we stood for a good 45 seconds to a minute waiting for the helo to spawn, I reliesed you were standing in the middle of the pad. And here is where you are mistaken. If you stand in the middle of a spawn, the helo WILL NOT SPAWN!!!!! This was no-no number 2. You wern't permitting the vehicle to respawn.

Therefore, I asked you to move. There was no demand, I just informed you that the helo wouldnt not spawn if you stood there. Not 1/2 of a second passed after you left the pad and the helo spawn. Devil and I got it, and you were obviousally upset about this. So, you broke yet another rule, that pissed me off to the point where I banned you on the spot.

You shot us up as we took off. I don't care that we could have landed and repaired. You broke a rule, and I made you pay for it.

This is my pet peeve on the server, and I usually always ban for this. Shooting a vehicle just because you didn't get it is VERY VERY VERY rude. Boohoo, next time, cry me a river.

This is when I banned you. It took me about ~30 seconds, as I had to alt + tab out of the game and give you the ban.

I don't care if you are a game dev. This doesn't exclude you from our rules. That being said, I will never lift your ban, nor will I EVER apologise for banning you. I did nothing wrong in banning you, it was you who did wrong. You should be the one apologising.

As for the 'power hungry' accusations, you're right. I do use my power. If you break a rule, then I will use my power and ban you. Our server, our rules. Don't like it? Don't play here (Or, in your case, move on, as you won't be playing here again.)

Postby BladeRunner » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:04 am

:) tell us how you really feel Ryan ;)
not fair Ryan you robbed DevilDog of a good ban.

cya Abble
:beer: :beer: :beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Postby Ryan » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:07 am

Originally posted by BladeRunner
:) tell us how you really feel Ryan ;)
not fair Ryan you robbed DevilDog of a good ban.

cya Abble
:beer: :beer: :beer:

LOL. Devil was flying, either that, or was just too lazy. Hey, I don't have many bans for BF:V :P

And Abble, before you go, make sure to read our server rules. Ahem...

4- Damaging vehicles: this is unacceptable because your team needs those vehicles to get flags and win the game. Shooting at a plane in frustration because someone beat you to it shows you're playing for yourself and not for the team. Some idiots enjoy beaching ships on purpose or drive them out of the maps. Others just have no clue and bring the carriers to dangerous areas, thus putting their whole team at risk. Since it's impossible to guess their intentions, those players might get kicked as a preventive measure. By the way, carriers must be kept as far away from danger as possible.

5- Vehicle camping: well if all planes are in the air, that means we don't need any new pilots, doesn't it? So if
you stand there waiting for a plane, you're not doing anything useful. Go capture a flag. On the other hand, if you KNOW a plane helicopter(or any other vehicle) is about to spawn, then you can wait for it. Please note that nothing is more frustrating than seeing you placidly waiting for your plane while the enemy is taking over the airfield. Admins might decide your player slot should be given to a more useful player.

Postby 007 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:14 am

Have fun on the EA servers!

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:35 am

Wow… It seems you feel that you were wrongly banned. !st, I did not ban you, a ECGN staff member did, but if I was alone on the server I would have. You have approached this matter in the wrong manner. The REASONs that led up to you being banned are the following.
1st, you were repeatedly chopper camping after many messages were relayed via in game chat for people not to plane camp. You admit that you were doing this in your post. We kept losing our flags remember, because many people were plane/chopper camping. 2nd, and most importantly, you unloaded a full m60 clip into our chopper because you did not get the chopper that we had just died in moments before. The reason that we were sitting there after we landed was to get your name, and had to alt tab out to ban you it wasn’t to taunt you, and we never said get in.
As to the bullying, the only thing that was said via chat was not to stand in the middle of the pad. By the way that is not the best way to get a chopper for future reference. No one ever tried to push their weight around. I do have to congratulate you on very imaginative writing.
You are absolutely right that I don’t like smacktards because it ruins the fun for all players. Who wants to play on a server where you have to worry about getting shot by the enemy as well as the chopper camping smacktard who doesn’t get a chopper and decides that if he doesn’t get it… then no one should. I would like to know what server you were an admin on that you have never kicked anyone. (Even for what you did). Was it EA I am just wondering?
I might have voted to let you back in the server. However, since this is a personal attack because you got banned for being a smacktard. I think that it might be best if you did find one of the 1000s of other servers to play on. No hard feeling, have a nice day.

Edit: Dang Ryan you beat me to the punch on the reply.
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

Bagginses

Postby Bagginses » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:37 am

Good riddance.

I'm glad he wasted that much time writing a post just to state that he didn't care that he was banned. He bust be mighty tough.

I'm not glad I wasted my time reading the whole thing.

-Bagginses

Re: Is this working?

Postby hightimber » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:32 am

Originally posted by Unregistered
...the only satisfaction you can find is banning Paying BFV players from servers that you otherwise wouldn't have...
Did I miss something here? How was he 'paying'? Didn't this incident happen on ECGN #2? :confused:

Re: Re: Is this working?

Postby BladeRunner » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:02 am

Originally posted by hightimber
Did I miss something here? How was he 'paying'? Didn't this incident happen on ECGN #2? :confused:

he may not reply Timber. imo, some players think that
because they paid for the game they have the right to play
on all public servers. (that may be what he is thinking)

however as we all know "paying" for the game gives no rights
what so ever to play on a privately owned server where the public is allowed to play.

:beer:
"Aim small, miss small" The Patriot
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" Bob Lee Swagger
"There is but one path, we kill them all" Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Unregistered

Ho hum, Dissapointed

Postby Unregistered » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:16 am

HA HA, Thank you all so much for proving my point, get a life every last one of you.

I walk away with the biggest grin on my face, and to think I was actually upset enough to post that to begin with. Just lost my head after seeing the treatment you give to people just "trying to have fun". I was in your server a mere few minutes and had no idea of the impending seriousness of the game, I didn't know all you were figting a simiulation war and had Cyber Cops that carry little shiny handcuffs, lol

LOL I even came back here to read the type of replies which I actually expected. Your all power hungry, go get a job at McDonalds as a trainer or something and get a chance to yell at some real kids for real reasons. You should all run a Day Care Center, you would be fired by every parent within the first day, so good luck with your real lifes once you find them.

Some day you will all look back on this and ask your self was it all really that important. The answer is NO. I suppose it just takes some of you longer to find that out.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:21 am

And on that note....

Thread Closed :)

Return to Been Banned?