Banned from Chuch of Elevation BF1918

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Porta

Banned from Chuch of Elevation BF1918

Postby Porta » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:11 pm

I was banned from the Church of Elevation BF1918 server because of bad language.
But relax ,i'm not here to get unbanned or anything ,i was just wondering about the logic of this rule.

I read another topic , and i'd like to quote Yadad:
i hate the bad language...there is no reason to type that kinda talk IMO....if you really want to talk like that get TS and join us there...you are lots less likely to be kicked if you get to know some of these people on TS.
I have 12 year old son that plays on the server and there is no reason for him to be looking at all the bad talk...thats the primary reason for the harshness on bad language. if you can get me your CD key hash and PM it to me thru these forums i can remove the ban....but please dont talk like trhat and respect the admins...they aint there to make life difficult for you..quite the contrary.

Mike

What i mean is:
How come it's ok that your 12 year old son runs around in a computergame blowing peoples heads off , throwing grenades at them ,shooting theyre guts out ,running over them with cars ,crush them under a tank etc , but it's not ok for him to hear a bad word?
It's only a word.
And it's a wargame , how can you correct the wrongs by banning people for swearing?
Soon you probably will ban people for shooting the enemy ,because killing is a much bigger sin than swearing.

Trond Arild Engen
a.k.a Porta
Norway

Postby Ryan » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:32 pm

Porta,

I've also had this same logic. Why let your kid play a violent game, but not be exposed to things like cussing? Eventually, after pondering it (and getting kicked from a few servers for choice words..) it came to me.

The reason is simple. It is, as you said, just a game. Its not really real life, and all you have to do it click 'exit' and its over. However, there are some things (like cussing, for example) that can, and usually do, stay with you well after exiting the game. Kids seeing that language used freely can create quite a problem for parents. Its a habbit they usually have a hard time getting kids out of. This is more than likely the reason, although the actual parents most likely have different views.

Those same kids are more likely to call a friend an asshole, rather than shoot them in the head with an mp40, for example.

I hope this makes sence.

Postby SkiloDog2000 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:06 am

ditto
well put

Postby Boisclair » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:10 am

From the CoE server logs...

4/7/2004 22:28:06 : # [Global] dragonforhire: we shoud be able to curse
4/7/2004 22:28:18 : # [Global] [CoE-Admin] Tyrel: You can get your own server and curse all you
4/7/2004 22:30:57 : # [Global] Porta: What about freedom of speech?
4/7/2004 22:31:12 : # [Global] [CoE-Admin] Tyrel: Democracy ends at the door Porta
4/7/2004 22:31:37 : # [Global] Porta: Door to what? The church ?
4/7/2004 22:32:37 : # [Global] Porta: Fuck doors, fuck freedom of speech ,fuck the admin too
4/7/2004 22:32:46 : # [Global] [CoE-Admin] Tyrel: Porta, perm banned
4/7/2004 22:32:48 : Server: Player Porta banned until Thu Apr 08 19:29:09 2004 .

I can't speak for Tyrel, but I don't think you were banned for the language, that's usually just a kick. I think it was because you verbally abused an admin.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:25 am

yeah that will usually get you banned for atleast a couple days.

Postby Bossman » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:18 am

I was there with Tyrel on TS when that happened. What you didn't see was that I tried to ban you as well, he was just quicker. The language was a problem and would have earned you a kick. You were banned for disrespecting the admins on the server. The ban is only temporary, a day I believe.

You quoted Yadad, so I assume you understand that the Church server is his server. That means he has the right to make the rules that we all play by. If you don't like them then try another server. If you do decide to come back, respect his rules and the admins.

Porta

Postby Porta » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:49 am

I dont think cursing is a problem ,it's just words.
And it seems that the cursing is the number one thing to moderate for the admins , but why did'nt the admins do something when the enemy camped in our uncapturable flag?
And i think that it's better for your sons to learn a couple of words than to teach them violence.
I will not come back to your server until you treat all rules equally ,the gameplay is not ruined by cursing ,it's ruined by spawnraping.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:30 am

good dont come back then

Porta

Postby Porta » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:40 am

And that is the attitude that proves my point.

Postby hightimber » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:58 am

Originally posted by Porta
And that is the attitude that proves my point.
And this attitude proves ours:

4/7/2004 22:32:37 : # [Global] Porta: Fuck doors, fuck freedom of speech ,fuck the admin too

Take a hike.

Porta

Postby Porta » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:05 am

And what wrong happens when i say fuck? Does the sky fall down? Does the computer explode? The answer is no.
This is the same as the deal with the Janet Jackson tit showing on superbowl.
It's ok to put tits into your kids mouth until he's about 10 months ,but to see one on superbowl is not. :D
I Laugh at you people :rotflmao:

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:20 am

Originally posted by Porta
And what wrong happens when i say fuck? Does the sky fall down? Does the computer explode? The answer is no.
This is the same as the deal with the Janet Jackson tit showing on superbowl.
It's ok to put tits into your kids mouth until he's about 10 months ,but to see one on superbowl is not. :D
I Laugh at you people :rotflmao:

Someone make this guys ban permanent please. He obviously has no respect for rules.

Thread Closed.

Postby yaDad » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:38 am

Thanks Jon...for ending tha madness...ban made permenant.
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

Return to Been Banned?