Not sure why banned?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Besrikarle

Not sure why banned?

Postby Besrikarle » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:26 pm

Hey guys,

Ive enjoyed playing on your server, ECGN#1, for a couple months and just recently started playing again after about a month break. I was playing on the El Alamein stage last night as a brit and my mouse locked up so I started just pushing buttons to get it to work again. (Does that from time to time, means low batteries I think.) Anyway, I think 2 rockets got fired from me into empty space. I didnt hit anyone or kill any teammates. The ban thing shows me as banned without listing a reason. If you could please look into this I would appreciate it.

I think an admin may have perceived me as attempting to TK but I can assure you this would be a misunderstanding. Thank you for your time.

~Besrikarle

Postby Buliwyf » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:28 pm

check this thread:

http://bf1.ecgn.net/whywasikicked.php

it states:

Name Action Reason Timestamp Map Banned until
Besrikarle
Kicked
kicked for using bad language.
2/2/2004 17:07:08 wake

Besrikarle
Auto kick
minus-score (-6)
2/20/2004 01:36:38

Besrikarle
Banned
Reason not specified
4/8/2004 23:22:42 el alamein

the admin who banned you will have to comment.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby residue » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:48 pm

i banned you yesterday at the end of el alamein for what appeared to be bazookas fired at teammates on the airfield.

since your explanation was presented calmly and seems reasonable, i will have the ban lifted.

Besrikarle

Postby Besrikarle » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:29 pm

Thank you very much Residue. I appreciate it.

Dakana

Postby Dakana » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:34 pm

I take it you have a wireless mouse? Yes... that can be annoying. May I suggest removing the battery and then putting it back in and reconnecting - that normally works for me, and I rarely have to reconnect the mouse. This can prevent mishaps where the MOUSE1 button can get stuck... that's happened when I just went full auto and couldn't controll it - luckily no TKs.

Happy mousing!

Besrikarle

Postby Besrikarle » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:39 pm

Weird. I played on the server this morning just fine but as of now I cannot log in again because it says I am banned. The whywasikicked thing doesnt show any new entry either. Is it a bug perhaps?

Thanks.

Postby Camel toe joe » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:23 am

you were still in the banned list not usre why, but i removed it please read the rules

Besrikarle

Postby Besrikarle » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:06 pm

Hi. Not going to bother creating a new post, ill just add on to this one. This time I was banned again for an unspecified reason which I am just going to assume is because an admin saw my real life buddy and I staring at each other and I shot 2 shots from my pistol into the air beside him then said "go go go" or "roger that" or something. Definately was not trying to shoot.

I think ECGN is a great server and all but I wish admins would not kick unless an actuall offense is commited. If you could please releive this ban, I would be most appreciated and in the future will keep in mind that any shots fired remotely near a teamate, even if not actually hitting someone, will be interperted as TKing and will refrain.

Thank you.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:35 pm

I dont know who banned you but a suggestion I can give you is get on TS with us so that you can explain things like that immediately before you get kicked or banned if you get unbanned. Im sure whoever banned you this time will respond later.

Postby residue » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:00 pm

i checked the logs and you were kicked once on el alamein at 18:10:26 est for taking a vehicle to a plane.

you were later banned on bocage at 18:16:35 est.

the admin involved will be able to explain what happened.

as for waiting for an actual offense to be committed - shooting at teammates would be an offense. naturally, the proximity of your shots is subject to interpretation but it's generally something you shouldn't be doing in the first place.

if the ban is ultimately lifted, i would suggest following animal's suggestion and hopping on teamspeak. you'll have more fun and possibly avoid these situations.

Besrikarle

Postby Besrikarle » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:28 pm

Regarding the vehicle to plane thing. I admit to that I am sorry. Was a few days since I played on this server and I was recently playing on one where this was acceptable. So my apologies for that.

red_mist

Postby red_mist » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:22 pm

I banned you. I witnessed 2 incidents involving you on #1 Wed. night. You drove a vehicle to the airstrip to take a plane. You were kicked for that (4/28/2004 18:10:26). Then only six minutes later on Bocage (4/28/2004 18:16:35) you were standing on the airfield taking shots at another friendly player and you did hit him as I heard him go "ooff". At that point I had seen enough of your playing style so out you went. If you want to play on this server, follow the rules and be a team player, otherwise go elsewhere.
The server rules are listed in the bf42 forums, read them. And please get teamspeak and use it. Ban will be lifted, behave yourself.

Besrikarle

Postby Besrikarle » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:38 pm

Perhaps you heard another person nearby say oof? I assure you I do not team kill and did not hit him. I fired pistol shots to the side of his head. My friend said the phone rang or something so I was goofingly getting his attention.

I apologize for the vehicle to plane thing as I mentioned before. I will be more cautious to avoid anything that could be interpreted as a violation of the rules.

Thank you.

Return to Been Banned?