banned for helping team

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Unregistered

banned for helping team

Postby Unregistered » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:24 pm

I just got banned from your server by Camel Toe for helping my team. Apparently, in the course of trying to kill two very good infatry guys before they landed on our carrier, I hit our carrier with a bomb. Oops. So immediately I get threatened with a ban. I didn't even realize I had hit the thing. OK, sorry. Then I get told that I'm not allowed to fly over the carrier, because it confuses the AA gunners. This despite the fact that I have not been shot down even once by our flak, but was shooting down enemy planes left and right. Our carrier was near death and people were screaming for repairs, but I was being banned for defending it.

Of course, I gave Camel Toe by best smartass attitude, because that was just ridiculous. Honestly, I've never heard of a server that bans you for helping your team. It just doesn't make sense. Does this mean that TKing is encouraged? On your servers, the object is to hinder your own team?

I don't know what I did that really got camel toe mad, but it certainly wasn't what he was pretending it was, since everyone else flew near the carrier just fine.

In case you might think I'm just talking out of my ass and I really wasn't helping our team, here was the final scoreboard:

in case it isn't evident, I am the guy named "lame".

I can only imagine how the games on the next map, Kharkov, are going. After all, the flak in that map is right in the center, so planes must need to be banned altogether to avoid confusing those AA guys...

Postby Ryan » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:28 pm

Do... not... fly... over... the... carrier.

Was a kick.

And.. banned for helping team? Please. Have a bit of common sence before posting next time.

Postby Camel toe joe » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:39 pm

At first it looked like you deliberatly bombing our carrier so I warned you saying you would be banned, then you asked why, I explained that you shouldn't be flying over our carrier as you get in the way of our AA gunners, It would help our team more by bombing the enemy carrier and stopping them from getting more planes off then trying to bomb infantry swiming to our ship. However you insisted in arguing with me so i had enough. You were just kicked. If you play on our server please read our rules and follow them.

Return to Been Banned?