Banned from ECGN1 with no reason specified

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Take2

Banned from ECGN1 with no reason specified

Postby Take2 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:28 pm

My ID Svalsbard was banned today at approximately 6:30PM EST from BF1942 ECGN1 and I would like an explanation.

I was using the battleship on Iwo Jima and another ECGN was in the second seat. I will admit that I'm not that good with it, but I had not TKed or grounded it. He berated me and insulted me for about five minutes. I was actually asking for help as to what I should do since no one would call in artillery. I was then kicked.

This made me quite angry. The only two other kicks I have on the database are for when I got an auto-kick when I ran over three guys who fell off the carrier a few weeks ago and the other one was an accident (that one the ECGN mod apologized for).

So I come back in and I ask why I was kicked. I was then promptly banned after the ECGN person shot another insult at me.

This is quite possibly my favorite server, and I am livid that I would get banned because someone simply felt like banning someone.

I checked my database information and it lists no reason for the kick or the ban. There were at least 2 ECGN people on the server at the time. If you look at my stats, you'll see that I've played on ECGN for quite some time and have had no problems whatsoever.

Svalsbard

Postby Chacal » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:31 pm

Thanks for posting. I'll look at it as soon as I get home.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Take2

Postby Take2 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:34 pm

Out of respect for the ECGN persons involved, I did not mention the person who I believe banned me. I can PM it or post it if it is necessary.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem with an ECGN member insulting and berating me, and I consider it an isolated incident. But frankly, I'm rather upset that someone would be allowed to have ban powers that would act like that.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:49 pm

Wasnt me.

Take2

Postby Take2 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:34 am

I just checked this morning in case it was a temporary, but I am still banned.

I appreciate that Chacal is looking into the matter, and I hope that this situation will not happen to other players again.

Chacal, I am PMing you more information in case it is necessary.

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:10 am

I have not been on, could not have been me.
XBOX 360 Gamertag

Postby tek » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:32 pm

Allo allo,
I was yer backseat on that battleship. :tips hat:

You were kicked because, you were constantly hauling ass around the island and were in a direct path with beaching the battleship.. I only knew this because I was in the outside tail view.

After your kick, I had attempted to jump 1st seat and prevent the beaching, which was unavoidable...but by luck of game dynamics it was possible to unbeach..

By that time thou, you had come back and were running yer mouth off. Which had no benefit to the game, and considdering how much you were running yer mouth, you wern't benefitting your team, a temp 24hr ban was placed.

After reviewing the log with Chacal everything checks out. The ban should have lifted itself sometime today. If not, provide any of the admins IN PRIVATE MESSAGE the first 6 characters to yer CD Key Hash and we'll remove the ban manually..

Please do not reply to this with reason/excuses/complaints/whines, etc.. Whats done is done and now in the past. Toss back a :beer: and return to the game..

tek
ecgn staff
server support

Take2

Postby Take2 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:33 pm

I wanted an explanation and that's what I got. Thanks.

Return to Been Banned?