Getting kicked for TKing someone I thought was enemy

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.

Getting kicked for TKing someone I thought was enemy

Postby Kristov » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:58 pm

We're playing Ia Drang, I'm American, in our main, and I see a rocket being fired at our aircraft, so I open fire on the location it came from, since all I can see are some barrels and part of a player because I don't have the 3d overlay up.

I get a TK, because one of OUR players was firing at our aircraft with a LAW. He proceeds to ask wtf I was doing and I tell him, I saw a rocket fired at our vehicles, I opened fire, since ONLY the enemy would be doing that.

Turns out that it was MMmmGood under a false nick, firing at our own vehicles, and I got kicked.

Is this really the behaviour an admin should be showing on the server? Firing at team vehicles, even in jest? We have enough of a problem with smacktards when there's no visible admins on, having admins smurfing and DOING that sort of smacktard behaviour only worsens the situation. I could give a damn about the kick, it's what he was doing that's the problem. I was about to get an admin on TS to deal with this smacktard behaviour when he identified himself and kicked me. Really makes ECGN look good...
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

Postby Ryan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:03 pm

Kristov.. you were an admin, and you post this here?

Moving... and i'll let Jon reply.

AnimalCracka

Postby AnimalCracka » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:04 pm

Good's a smacktard, if we could ban him we would. I think its been tryed before but somehow he keeps coming back.:D :tard: :beer:

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:21 pm

I fired a rocket at the chopper far to the left, just cause I wanted to. Was not my intent to hit it. In fact, I was waaaay off. The chopper flew off and about 5 minutes later you spawn up and proceed to shoot me in the face with the M60.

I dont believe the whole you thought I was an enemy stuff either, since you fired, stopped, and then started firing again.

Postby Kristov » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:51 pm

You fired at a chopper in our base and I saw it as I was getting in a Chinook. I let it go because I'd seen the nick before and knew it was a smacktard due to the SAME behaviour being exhibited many times. I figured I'd just get an admin if you kept it up or TKed someone.

I died, respawned in base, saw someone fire at a chopper and immediately opened fire. I fired a few rounds, stopped to zoom because I couldn't see anything but barrels, still couldn't see anything but I KNEW the rocket came from that location so I opened up again. I was flying support in the Huey Slick and Chinook, so I didn't bother turning the 3d overlay on, I wasn't firing at anyone from the air which is when I tend to need it.

We had just stopped a large assault on our main less then 5 minutes before, so when I saw a rocket being fired at our vehicles from inside the base without being able to see WHO fired it, I figured it was a lone VC we'd missed. When I saw it was a TK and who, I thought 'that figures, he's a smacktard' and was about to go look for an admin on TS to have you removed.

You want to be a smacktard, then by all means Jon, be one. This isn't exactly new behaviour for you, as we all know, but it sure as hells doesn't excuse it. There's enough problems on the server when admins ARE on, you sure as hells don't need to add to it and give smacktards an example of what NOT to do.

I'm fully aware that nothing will be done about this, I just wanted to vent, which I've done. As I said, this isn't new behaviour, it's been a standard since the Beach server was opened up, and it's not been addressed yet.

Ryan, this wasn't a whine or a bitch about being kicked, so it wasn't for this section of the boards. It was a comment about the actions of Jon specifically, so I put it under the BF:V section as that's the server it pertains to.
The enemy is attacking, let us prey.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:01 pm

Originally posted by Kristov
[B]You fired at a chopper in our base and I saw it as I was getting in a Chinook. I let it go because I'd seen the nick before and knew it was a smacktard due to the SAME behaviour being exhibited many times.

Dunno how you figure this, I had just changed to US when this happened and had never used this nick before.

I died, respawned in base, saw someone fire at a chopper and immediately opened fire.

More like you took off in the chopper, came back 5 minutes later and THEN TKed me.

This isn't exactly new behaviour for you, as we all know, but it sure as hells doesn't excuse it.

I dunno where you get this idea from, but I remember the days where you would say, and I quote:

Get off the airfield! if you get in my b17 your getting kicked!

I'm fully aware that nothing will be done about this, I just wanted to vent, which I've done. As I said, this isn't new behaviour, it's been a standard since the Beach server was opened up, and it's not been addressed yet.

Ryan, this wasn't a whine or a bitch about being kicked, so it wasn't for this section of the boards. It was a comment about the actions of Jon specifically, so I put it under the BF:V section as that's the server it pertains to.

Your damn lucky I dont ban your ass from the forums and the servers for this sort of post, I would be inclined to do it if I hadnt known you for so long. A lot of admins play incognito because regulars think they are immune to the rules and have been noted to act up when there arent any admins on. I've been sent screenshots of you swearing up a storm at people and calling them all sorts of names when you know an admin isnt logged into the server. Dont you tell me how to behave.

Thread Closed.

Return to Been Banned?