just hafta

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
dawgs

just hafta

Postby dawgs » Wed May 05, 2004 11:51 pm

i just found this website and was reading all the posts.

hmm what the heck ill read the banned forums. just to see what some people are complaining about.

i dont play on your servers as i have my own.

i also dont know the whole storied behind every post but thought that i should chime in.

first off is the bad words. yes granted they should not really be said but very rarely do i kick a person for this. and if i am not mistaken the ESRB rateing for this game is teen. which by the rateings it says "Teen Titles rated "Teen (T)" have content that may be suitable for persons ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violent content, ,mild or strong language and/or suggestive themes." i also understand that there are a couple of names that are like bassass barbie and fat bastard. why are these people not banned for foul language. shouldnt everyone have to comply by the rules.

if i remember right one of the admins lets his 12 year old play this game. well by the rules of ESRB he is subjected to this kind of language. like he doesnt hear it at school anyways. does he visit these forums if so then why havent u complained about hellacious picture under his name. a 12 year ols should be looking at that.

another thing i have noticed is you are kicking and banning for chating during a game. you guys say get on ts and talk all u want. ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY. i would much rather see it typed in on the screen then hearing the bs in my ear. for a couple of reasons. first its harder to mute him out when its in your ear. and second. if he is typeing doesnt that kinda make him an easy target standing there like a dumb a$$ talking about hamburgers or whatever. plus i just dont have to look at that corner and can not pay attention to it. most of the time i disregard it anyways as i use ts. i doesnt block any views for the game.

i have also noticed that it seems you guys have a very short trigger finger for banning people. yes i agree that there are certain times to ban someone for tk'ing but jeez lighten up. i know its your servers and u can do what u want but man talk about abuseing your power. if you are so worried about tk'ers turn off friendly fire and u wont have to worry about it.
tk happens part of the game

dont mean to fill up your forums with crap but i just had to voice my opinions.
on the other hand it sounds like u have great servers and alot of traffic and always trying to have admins on them.
i might try a server out one of these days if its ok. always looking for some competition.

sorry for the long post

Postby Chacal » Thu May 06, 2004 12:03 am

Thanks for your opinions.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Re: just hafta

Postby residue » Thu May 06, 2004 12:59 am

Originally posted by dawgs
first off is the bad words. yes granted they should not really be said but very rarely do i kick a person for this. and if i am not mistaken the ESRB rateing for this game is teen. which by the rateings it says "Teen Titles rated "Teen (T)" have content that may be suitable for persons ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violent content, ,[B]mild or strong language and/or suggestive themes." i also understand that there are a couple of names that are like bassass barbie and fat bastard. why are these people not banned for foul language. shouldnt everyone have to comply by the rules.

if i remember right one of the admins lets his 12 year old play this game. well by the rules of ESRB he is subjected to this kind of language. like he doesnt hear it at school anyways. does he visit these forums if so then why havent u complained about hellacious picture under his name. a 12 year ols should be looking at that.

language and appropriateness are very subjective. everyone always has different standards they want to uphold and those at ecgn just happen to differ from yours. for example, "fat bastard" is the name of a character from austin powers (pg-13).

another thing i have noticed is you are kicking and banning for chating during a game. you guys say get on ts and talk all u want. ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY. i would much rather see it typed in on the screen then hearing the bs in my ear. for a couple of reasons. first its harder to mute him out when its in your ear. and second. if he is typeing doesnt that kinda make him an easy target standing there like a dumb a$$ talking about hamburgers or whatever. plus i just dont have to look at that corner and can not pay attention to it. most of the time i disregard it anyways as i use ts. i doesnt block any views for the game.

we generally try to keep chat text and teamspeak related to the game. if someone is spamming radio commands, talking about nonsense or being disruptive then they are asked to cease or play elsewhere. while copius typing may make someone an easier target, i'm sure the offender's team wouldn't be happy about effectively being a player short.

my suggestion that the guy join teamspeak if he wants to talk about hamburgers was half in jest. i actually kicked him around 3 or 4 am. at that time of night there are few people on teamspeak and the atmosphere tends to be more relaxed.

i have also noticed that it seems you guys have a very short trigger finger for banning people. yes i agree that there are certain times to ban someone for tk'ing but jeez lighten up. i know its your servers and u can do what u want but man talk about abuseing your power. if you are so worried about tk'ers turn off friendly fire and u wont have to worry about it.
tk happens part of the game

i don't think any of the admins would agree about abusing power and everyone certainly accepts that some tks are accidents. whether someone is warned, kicked or banned depends on the situation and is a judgement call. turning off friendly fire would make tking more difficult but then the server would be like nvidia or ea. ecgn tries to provide a superior gaming experience and many of us that help out are willing to try to make that possible even if it requires more effort.

Postby SGT DEVILDOG » Thu May 06, 2004 2:26 am

Thanks for the outside consultant advice. Do we owe you any money for that?
[img]DevilDog
" We are not retreating. We are attacking in a different direction" Chesty Puller...USMC

{CN}Doomfarer

Postby {CN}Doomfarer » Thu May 06, 2004 3:00 am

Just wanted to chime in with this.

Each admin here has his own style while administering to the ECGN servers. We enforce the server rules, as well as try to foster a sense of community and enjoyment for those who play here. Rarely do we just ban people out of hand. Keep in mind the posts you see here are made by a VERY SMALL percentage of those banned, some more mature than others. So please, before you lay down any further comments, view the forums as a whole and stop by the ECGN servers. I hope by doing that you may revise your opinions about us. :D

Postby Ryan » Thu May 06, 2004 3:11 am

Originally posted by Chacal
Thanks for your opinions.

Instead of letting this get out of hand about which rules are right / wrong / whatever.. I think Chacal said it best. I reccomend we leave it at that.

dawgs

Postby dawgs » Thu May 06, 2004 6:26 pm

im sorry if it came off as saying your serversamd/or admins suck. i have not played them as of yet. there is no doubt that there are some people who play that are way out of hand. i have had them on my server.
im not trying to stir anything up but i know that fat bastard was a movie character but does that make it right for your kid to say fat bastard. it is still a curse word.

and yes spamming the radio commands is very annoying. i have had a guy hide and keep hitting the requesting pickup until someone picked him up. he did this about every 5 seconds. i warned him several times but he kept it up. someone must have felt sorry for him and picked him up. as soon as he got in i kicked him.

also where can i find your server rules. i looked but couldnt find them.

Postby Harry Canyon » Thu May 06, 2004 6:32 pm

Postby yaDad » Fri May 07, 2004 4:08 am

if you havent played on our servers....how can you comment on the admining of them from just reading what people have complained @?
here you see only one side of the story....
if your server was as busy as our pubs get you would understand why there are so many kicks and bans.
i have a server of my own as well and when i can get people to play on it...i dont hastily kick them off...because i would rather have the players.
our pubs are not lacking for players...and when we get knuckleheads on them we get rid of them...lest we get like EA servers.
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

Return to Been Banned?