<<< Banned by RISK >>>

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
Booty-Pirate

<<< Banned by RISK >>>

Postby Booty-Pirate » Sun May 23, 2004 2:33 am

I played on ECGN servers ever since I got this game, which was about a year ago. I have to say, it is one of the best servers I played on... games are run very smoothly, thanks to the admins. I have to say all the admins are very fair, and have excellent judgement in kicking/banning the people who ruin the games. They have shown excellent maturity over and over again in their actions. But tonight, I came across one that is a total tool, an admin that goes by the name of RISK.

Map was Tobruk, and we were on axis. Allied had all the flags, and were raping our base. I was trying to fight my way out in a Panzer, and came across some allied infantry in front of our base. So I naturally engage them. Then RISK comes along, and threatens to kick me if I don't move out. I proceed to get out to fix my tank before moving on. Next thing I know, RISK is driving away in my Panzer that I was repairing, and on top of that, calls me an idiot after stealing my tank. So I naturally retort with him being a power tripping bastard, and I get banned. Honestly, how would you have reacted if you were in my shoes?

Now, I'm not here to plead to get unbanned, but just to let you folks at ECGN know about this smacker. You want people to follow rules and play good games on your servers, but RISK does not set a good example of that. I hope you guys take a closer look on who you choose as admins. This is not the first time I've seen this crackhead act like a tard. And that is the end of my sad story.

BTW, I see that RISK listed the reason for banning me as "team killing". Nice.... how about, banned for speaking the truth?

Postby Ryan » Sun May 23, 2004 3:00 am

Hello

Well, first of, your story does have some truth to it.

When you were 'fighting' your way out of the main base, this does not take 5+ minutes. When I logged in, I saw every one of our tanks sitting back acting as arty. I used Team Chat to try to get our tanks to move up, as we had ~300 tickets left on Tobruk.

So, after I typed that out, and noticed you hadn't moved, you abondened your tank. I took the liberty of moving the tank up for you, and would have taken south flag if you hadn't TKed me. Thus, you were banned for teamkilling.

While I hardly EVER break the rules (with the exception of a few TK's.. you know who you are... :)), these are one of those cases where breaking the rules ends up becoming benificary to the team.

I don't understand why people keep tanks back on maps like this. The goal is to MOVE THE TANKS UP AND TAKE THE FLAGS, NOT to shell them and let people constantly respawn. You were not the only person kicked for your original offence, as I noticed another panzer and a tiger were doing the same thing. I kicked the Tiger driver, jumped in his tank, and capped north flag with ease and a bit of infantry support.

This should not be a hard map for Axis. Keep the tanks moving, give infantry support to clear the bunkers. Axis will keep the allied on the run.

Although you were a complete asshole to me in game, and here in the forums, I know you're not a bad player. Make sure to re-read the rules and possibly get on TeamSpeak with us, so you can help with the assult on maps like Tobruk :)

Ban removed.

Booty-Pirate

Postby Booty-Pirate » Sun May 23, 2004 4:22 am

Ryan, I was NOT sitting there for 5+ minutes. It was more like 1 minute. When you ran up, you did see me sitting there, that's true. It was only because I had finished off a bunch of Allied infantry. Would you have driven past a bunch of enemy infantry while in a tank?

And I did not abandon my tank, I had gotten out to repair. I can't remember, but maybe I was on the other side of the tank and you didn't see me. Regardless, you calling me an idiot right after did not help the situation. I follow the golden rule, in person AND on the net. But if you call me an idiot after what I felt was wrong, then I return the favor, admin or not. And yeah, I was wrong for TKing you, but I was flaming pissed! No need to read the rules, I understand what is right and what is wrong.... I just let my temper get the best of me.

I also understand the strategy of the map. I understand that protecting our uncappable base is a waste of time and resources. If you would of watched me, you would of seen me repair my tank and move along to the flags. But, I have to say that I do understand your actions. Trying to get the team moving forward in that kind of a situation is tough.

Anyhow, I appreciate you unbanning me. Just another fine example of how awesome ECGN servers are. Keep up the good work!

Postby tek » Sun May 23, 2004 4:42 am

Frankly, after reading your blatent flame on our public BF1942 forum. I'm extremely surprised to see you still here.

Re-read the rules, its not a choice of right or wrong, its a choice of following the rules set forth for our offering a kick-ass free server for any and all to come use, provided you follow the rules.

ECGN is a family of sorts, at least I know I can say that for the staff members, the fact that you had blatently lashed out in your moments of being "flaming pissed" say alot about who you are and what kind of person you are. I can say for one thing that RiSK would have reacted quite differently were he in your shoes.

I am going to remove your post in our public forums and 'file it away' for a rainy day if you will. Personally, my responce to this situation would have been different. Bravo RiSK for rising above the situation and its aggressor.

tek bickler
ecgn staff
http://www.ecgnetwork.com

Postby Ryan » Sun May 23, 2004 5:37 am

And on a lighter note, most regulars know that im here to have a good time. Hell, i've been called the 'smacker king' because I like to have a good time. Just smacking around. However, I never cross the line and hurt my team. Just fun things.

So, you calling me a 'crackhead' probably is about right :D

Yet, I do have a very serious side. When its time to crack down and get something done, im there. And I take my admin priviliges very seriously. I've been admin for well over a year now, and never once have regretted a kick / ban. All have been warranted, IMHO.

Booty-Pirate

Postby Booty-Pirate » Sun May 23, 2004 12:22 pm

Originally posted by tek
Personally, my responce to this situation would have been different. Bravo RiSK for rising above the situation and its aggressor.

tek bickler
ecgn staff
http://www.ecgnetwork.com

My sentiments exactly. I have much respect for Ryan... if I were to get unbanned, he was the last person I would of expected it from. That really shows the maturity level of all you ECGN admins. Much props Ryan!:beer: See you in battle...:D

Postby Harry Canyon » Sun May 23, 2004 4:40 pm

I gotta agree with you on one point Booty....

Ryan/Risk IS A TOOL!!!!! :D ;)

Postby yaDad » Tue May 25, 2004 5:35 am

how did i miss this thread ....and the opportunity to call RiSK a SMACKER!!!!!
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

Postby Chacal » Tue May 25, 2004 7:40 am

He made a complete tool of himself.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

Return to Been Banned?