"Banned" Why???

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
lips1028

"Banned" Why???

Postby lips1028 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:54 pm

I wish to know why I was banned from the server??

I go by the name of "Popeye" but this time it was my girlfriend playing so she used hers "X-girl"

She was driving the carrier on Midway. She wanted the carrier to be closer to the flag in the ocean. So she drove the ship two block out. Next thing you know, She was kicked and banned.

She was behaving..... no tk... and was in second place on the allied...

I wish to know what the reason is....

Guys Please lift the ban..

lips1028

Postby lips1028 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:57 pm

Forgot to list the server, Date&time

BF1942
Server:ECGNetwork.Com #1
Date:May 23, 2004
Time: 10-11pm EST

Postby residue » Mon May 24, 2004 12:05 am

according to the server logs, player X-girl was given a 1 day temp ban while playing midway. the ban is set to expire on mon may 24 23:03:25 2004. you may need to check to see if it is removed in a timely fashion since the remote manager sometimes fails to clear bans.

based on your description, it sounds like she was kicked for using the carrier to capture a sea flag. this is ill advised on midway since the carrier cannot defend itself against other ships and usually results in a quick visit to the ocean floor. it's best to leave it hidden so that the team can continue to spawn planes for air support throughout the round. if you want to cap a sea flag then use one of the planes or a vessel other than the carrier.

Postby Hellacious » Mon May 24, 2004 9:40 am

It was not me that banned her. She is a good player just make sure that you and your girlfriend read the rules. See you in game.

In Game Name [ECGN-ADMIN]Hellacious

Postby Chacal » Mon May 24, 2004 8:45 pm

I don't know who banned her, but, although the warnings given above are good advice, capturing sea flags with the carrier is not against any rule. I hope she didn't get a ban for that.
Chacal

[SIZE="1"][color="LightBlue"]Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a great idea."[/color][/SIZE]

lips1028

Postby lips1028 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:13 am

Hey ECGN admin.

The one day ban has pass.. but I still can't get back into your server...

Please lift the ban for me
You guys got a kick ass server.

Postby residue » Tue May 25, 2004 2:20 am

i just lifted it a few minutes ago. try again.

Postby yaDad » Tue May 25, 2004 5:31 am

it might have been me that banned...the reason that i remember was that she was moving the carrier into action after it had been hidden and parked...
thats a no-no
if the carrier has been parked in a spot dont move it...theres no reason to...if it goes into battle its gonna get clobbered and then we have no planes.

If the ban is still in effect please PM me your keyhash and ill be glad to remove it.
I have not failed...I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
T.A.Edison

lips1028

Postby lips1028 » Wed May 26, 2004 12:16 am

Thanks for lifting the Ban~

I'm back in the game now.

Return to Been Banned?