Flagrant Banning?

This forum is used for questioning why you were banned or kicked from official ECGN servers. Posts anywhere else will be deleted, keep them in here.
jdawgg2020j

Flagrant Banning?

Postby jdawgg2020j » Sat May 29, 2004 8:44 pm

Here is the short of it - I ran into a room on the Beach server and revived a guy. I don't know his name because I don't get that personal in war :P. I laid down an entire charge bar and a half of Medic packs, and asked for ammo. This guy had been bitching with someone else so I apparently risked my butt for nothing going and reviving him. I asked again for ammo, and a third time and laid down another charge bar of health. I shot him once and asked for ammo, then gave him health packs to restore his health (there were also a dozen packs in front of him). So, I shot him another time, paused for 10 seconds while he kept bitching, and then shot him again, never killing, and always dropping enough health packs to restore his health 5 times over. How does he react?

He bans me for approximately 11 days...

So on a server with very little lieutenants, a ton of medics, and a rare opportunity to run into a Lieutenant that is not frantically running about, I catch up with one who seems to be having a bad day and bans me for no good reason. The ban message says "Don't shoot for ammo." Well, I don't see any rules thread for the server, and this guy was way out of line. I have seen people TK in front of admins and the admin just say "Don't do that again." I shoot a guy, and restore his health to get it across to him that I need ammo, and he bans me...

What kind of person would give someone that immature admin rights? The guy was just abusing his power in this example. The reason I had shot him a few times was because I know there is sometimes a glitch where the ammo symbol does not appear over your head, I have seen it happen before. To show the guy that I wasn't being malicious but making sure he realized I needed ammo, I shot him and I revived his health all the way, and dropped plenty of health packs to get the message across. I never killed him, and actually revived him in the first place after killing the two axis who destroyed him.

So can an admin please un-ban me? I'd rather not be banned for 11 days, especially for sometime that was NOT a bannable offense. I could shrug off being kickbanned for 2 minutes, but 11 days is absurd. If what I did was a BANNABLE offense, putting me out of the server for 11 days, what would constitute as being a kick-able offense? Typing too slowly? [/sarcasm]

Postby King » Sat May 29, 2004 8:51 pm

try picking up a dropped weapon... in 11 days.
"Whats the Situation?" "Two blokes and a fuckload of cutlery!"

Be my Cronie! http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=61909

jdawgg2020j

Postby jdawgg2020j » Sat May 29, 2004 9:05 pm

I pick up dropped weapons all the time - that is really the only way to get ammo. However, usually the weapon you pick up is out of ammo or close to it as well. Unless you collect many weapons of the same type, but that is equally rare as there are so many medics your allies are either revived or gibbed (thus dropping no weapon).

Back on task, could I get an un-ban? There is no reason to be banned this long for doing nothing wrong. Certainly nothing THAT wrong...

Postby arkaine » Sat May 29, 2004 9:05 pm

I myself hate being shot when someone is hollering for a med pack even tho my health is restored because I always play a medic. I'm not going to stop to exchange packs if I'm running, I will drop them as I go. Standing still is what gets a person killed in this game. If I'm down to less than a clip of ammo and ask an LT for ammo I ask once and if he doesn't give it to me I go looking somewhere else but that's just me.

jdawgg2020j

Postby jdawgg2020j » Sat May 29, 2004 9:09 pm

That's all fine and dandy - What other people do is irrelevant in this topic. The point is, dishing out an 11 day banning is absurd for the level of an "offense" shooting for ammo is. Again, I restored his health. I would not expect an LT to stand still and give me ammo in such a dangerous area, but he was just standing there anyway, and I just revived him. As a general rule that most players follow in RTCW, if you get revived, you offer ammo to that medic as a thanks. He just stood there, and continued to bitch about someone.

Postby Conscious* » Sat May 29, 2004 9:17 pm

I agree with you jdawg2020j that LTs should give you ammo if you fill them up will health. A shot or two is harmless and i do it once in a while to. I don't think he should be banned for 11 days. That's a little harsh.
[N4L]Conscious* -Tv-Conscious*

Postby King » Sat May 29, 2004 9:18 pm

if you had to revive him several times and still tried to get ammo from him... i think you waited too long. The ban however is none of my business. Furthermore post any ban related topics in the Been Banned? section of the forums.

Bleeding is not accpetable, hasnt been for a long time. Even if you do restore their health. Its common sense. Now whoever the admin was noticed it, im sure they gave some ample warning. If they didnt you might have a case but i've NEVER seen a ban that didnt deserve it or without fair warning.

An admin while in gameplay has the responsiblity to fulfil his duties as an admin... not just during spec mode. So he could have been doing something else not just bitching at one or two people...
"Whats the Situation?" "Two blokes and a fuckload of cutlery!"

Be my Cronie! http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=61909

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Sat May 29, 2004 9:55 pm

I know personally, when I'm in games I may pop someone who won't give me ammo with 1-2 bullets and ask for ammo again. If he still doesn't give me ammo I call him an ass and move on. Sitting there shooting, filling up, shooting... I would have banned you for a little while on the servers I admin too.

Heart Collector

Postby Heart Collector » Sat May 29, 2004 9:58 pm

*edit* read it wrong......

LordShard

Postby LordShard » Sat May 29, 2004 10:00 pm

Don't waste your bullets, especially if your low on ammo.

Re: Flagrant Banning?

Postby Rand0m » Sat May 29, 2004 10:11 pm

Originally posted by jdawgg2020j
Here is the short of it - I ran into a room on the Beach server and revived a guy. I don't know his name because I don't get that personal in war :P. I laid down an entire charge bar and a half of Medic packs, and asked for ammo. This guy had been bitching with someone else so I apparently risked my butt for nothing going and reviving him. I asked again for ammo, and a third time and laid down another charge bar of health. I shot him once and asked for ammo, then gave him health packs to restore his health (there were also a dozen packs in front of him). So, I shot him another time, paused for 10 seconds while he kept bitching, and then shot him again, never killing, and always dropping enough health packs to restore his health 5 times over. How does he react?

He bans me for approximately 11 days...

So on a server with very little lieutenants, a ton of medics, and a rare opportunity to run into a Lieutenant that is not frantically running about, I catch up with one who seems to be having a bad day and bans me for no good reason. The ban message says "Don't shoot for ammo." Well, I don't see any rules thread for the server, and this guy was way out of line. I have seen people TK in front of admins and the admin just say "Don't do that again." I shoot a guy, and restore his health to get it across to him that I need ammo, and he bans me...

What kind of person would give someone that immature admin rights? The guy was just abusing his power in this example. The reason I had shot him a few times was because I know there is sometimes a glitch where the ammo symbol does not appear over your head, I have seen it happen before. To show the guy that I wasn't being malicious but making sure he realized I needed ammo, I shot him and I revived his health all the way, and dropped plenty of health packs to get the message across. I never killed him, and actually revived him in the first place after killing the two axis who destroyed him.

So can an admin please un-ban me? I'd rather not be banned for 11 days, especially for sometime that was NOT a bannable offense. I could shrug off being kickbanned for 2 minutes, but 11 days is absurd. If what I did was a BANNABLE offense, putting me out of the server for 11 days, what would constitute as being a kick-able offense? Typing too slowly? [/sarcasm]

WOW! Amazing what this server has come to...I feel your pain, and I will say nothing else.

:mad:

*edit*11 days is too long. I think a fair warning in the server, or a kick stating do not do that again would have been enough, he seems like a level headed player who would have done what any of us would have.*edit*

:mad: :mad: :wall:

Heart Collector

Postby Heart Collector » Sat May 29, 2004 10:15 pm

Personally, when I'm a lieut, giving me a friendly shot to let me know you are there is absolutely fine with me.

Sometimes I dont see the requests, and if you shoot me, that will allow me to focus in and give you ammo if my bar allows me to.

So long as you heal me after your shot :D

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sat May 29, 2004 10:17 pm

Seems that ever since the HP crowd started coming over we have to go over and over and over all of this bullshit.

I DO agree that 11 days a bit long (withdrawals would suck), BUT...If low on ammo, why waste 3-5 on an LT (even when you restore health)..could be charging...whatever.

You just fucked up and did it to an admin (oops) and got banned.

And don't say we have nothing to do with this topic....YOU started this thread in a PUBLIC forum.

If no ammo, you could /kill, switch to 'nades, or just go on a fucking pistol suicide mission, hoping to take somebody out with you!

If you notice, a lot of the n00wer players choose LT because of unlimitied ammo. They might not know what they are supposed to do.

Anywayz, as I said before, all I hear lately is "why am I banned this, why am I banned that"......ALL since HP players came over. There are exceptions of course on both sides.

Heres an experience I had with REV.MAYNARD months ago when FF was first turned on.

Beginning of match, we were both axis. I was a med and he was a LT with mauser. I ask for ammo, no reply. 2 more times---no reply.

So what do I do? I shoot him once..to let him know Im behind him. Then he shoots back with mauser and that pisses me off so I kill him!

He comes back, kills me and then kicks me!

I get back on immediatly and we say shit to each other....whatever, still hard feelings, I guess.

Point is, I was dumb for shooting him, and learned my lesson with just a kick. (He did act like I did and shoot back and kill me also =X) I just wish i knew he was an admin before I did it!

Oh yeah, 1 more thing...all this chatting with j00, negger, and the likes is childish, and ALL started with HP coming here!

Im no admin, wasn't there, so if the situation fits, so be it. Quit cryin when playin like an ass.

beo

Keekanoo

Postby Keekanoo » Sat May 29, 2004 10:19 pm

Jdawg... here's what actually happened.

To give you credit, I'm not sure if you revived me. I don't think you did. However, I was quite busy having it out with someone who was using racially charged remarks. That's what the little light over my head means. It means I'm busy.

I do know the following. I was getting shot while typing to the other individual. I was in a room with only you and me. Not once, while I looked at the screen to see who was shooting me, see you give me a health pack. You may have, but I'm fairly sure you didn't. You shot me down to approximately 60 health, at which point an lt came into the room and fed you 2 ammo packs. You loaded your clip then proceeded to pummel me with your thomspon. As I was falling to the ground, you turned and ran from the room. That's when I tagged your ass. Your actions were malicious and not at all pleasant and polite like you imply.

However, I'll agree with one thing, Jdawg. I was extremely pissed off at the individual I was arguing with as that person had a prior history of making racial remarks at the server. To find myself being shot to death by a team-mate while I was publicly clarifying Beach policy to a complete tard was too much. That anger passed over to you and you got a very heavy smack for being the tard you were.

DON'T bleed team-mates the way you were doing it. Getting someone's attention with one shot during the game (and feeding them health or, if they're a medic doing it so you can feed them ammo) is understandable and fine. Jamming your thomspon down someones throat because you're pissed at not getting an ammo pack is entirely different.

Keekanoo.

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sat May 29, 2004 10:24 pm

Originally posted by Keekanoo
Jdawg... here's what actually happened.

I do know the following. I was getting shot while typing to the other individual. I was in a room with only you and me. Not once, while I looked at the screen to see who was shooting me, see you give me a health pack. You may have, but I'm fairly sure you didn't. You shot me down to approximately 60 health, at which point an lt came into the room and fed you 2 ammo packs. You loaded your clip then proceeded to pummel me with your thomspon. As I was falling to the ground, you turned and ran from the room. That's when I tagged your ass. Your actions were malicious and not at all pleasant and polite like you imply.

Keekanoo.

I knew there was a catch! AND if you or anybody is soo stupid to :ar15: a KNOWN admin....:tard:

beo

Next

Return to Been Banned?