1.4 Patch News

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

MMmmGood

1.4 Patch News

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:17 pm

Hey Guys-

Good news! The 1.4 patch will be installed later tonight on the new server. The IP will be the same as before, so no worries. Just make sure to install the 1.4 patch. You can get it over in the downloads section.

MMmmGood

6undam

Postby 6undam » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:24 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but am I right in assuming that after your installation of 1.4 on your servers, we will need to install 1.4 as well to play? Would installing 1.4 on our box stop us from playing on 1.33 servers? Reason being I've been told that I can't access some servers because they're 1.1 while I was on 1.33...

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:25 pm

Yes, thats true. Most servers though are gradually upgrading to 1.4.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:29 pm

Interesting, basically out of nothing to do (no RTCW==forum browsing/surfing) I did a search for RTCW 1.4 patch on Activision but it appears they don't even have the 1.33 patch! Where did this 1.4 patch on oc48 forum come from? Not that it matters since it's installed on my box alraedy....

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:51 pm

for any files that you may want or need, go to http://www.rtcwfiles.com.

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:00 pm

should i install 1.4 yet, since neither of your servers are popping up in the server list?

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:19 am

Yes, both servers have been upgraded. Please install 1.4

6undam

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:22 am

Ok, fingers crossed things are working tonight otherwise it's hair-pulling out time... :)

6undam

Oh woe is me...

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:01 pm

Just went to have a look... on starting RTCW I can see about half the amount of servers I normally see (expected) but I can't see any signs of any of the OC48 servers!! :help: What am I going to do tonight!! No wolfie for TWO nights in a row?!?!? :help:

That's it, going back to 1.33 when everything seemed to work... :(

I take it the server(s) is indeed up...?

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:35 pm

Yes they are up, sort by name and remember the OC48Gaming.Com servers start with a [ and not an O.

You can also pull down the console and type /connect 205.177.13.42:27960 for the regular beach server and /connect 205.177.13.42:27961 for the fun beach server.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:56 pm

Thanks MmmGood for that advice... it's strange how the server just will not appear on my server list until I manually added it in as a new favourite (which is strange too 'cause before applying 1.4 patch, oc48 servers were [naturally] in my favourites list). Anyway, just went in only to find an empty beach?!?!? That's a first!! Also found as an engineer, I could also dish out ammo and medic packs?!? That's nice... oh, also can throw airstrikes and can use the needle.

Do you think there might be problems? I'm most surprised to find the server devoid of life... :( One other point though... my friend who uses All seeing eye apparently can still see it.. I can't see it inside the wolfie server listing...

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:59 pm

You must of been on the fun server....you can do that there.

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:43 am

yeah... i have probably been pissin off a gamer or 2 key binding the spawnnades command.. I have to give a tutorial every 5 min to a newb joining and occusing me of cheating.. but it still takes talent to get out of the way!!..

(>Tool<)

SpawnNades

Postby (>Tool<) » Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:53 pm

[color=blue]I don't think it takes much skill to get out of the way, just placement. Just a random though, O and yes when I first joined the server and saw that crap, guns spitting out of the medic we had and him planting dyno and giving me ammo, I had to ask a few questions. lol, nice post meatshield

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein