requests from edogg

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Edogg

requests from edogg

Postby Edogg » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:18 pm

I have two requests:

1. Could you please turn the 6 second spawn invulnerability back on?
I dont think there is any explanation needed for this one.

2. This one people might not like, but im going to suggest it anyway.
Could you please drop the max player limit to something like 54.
60 people playing is just too many people. The server gets bogged down and becomes unplayable. Also with that many people it also becomes a guaranteed stale mate. There are so many people, that everyone is running into each other. Now if this means that there will be waiting lines to get in...then so be it.

I hope you hear me out on this mmmgood.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:21 pm

1. Yes, I didnt know it was off but lately it has been resetting itself.
2. The server is being upgraded to a higher end box, which should fix some of the lag issues when its full.

Right now it is on a Dual P3 1.13 ghz with a gig of RAM. It is being moved to a Dual Xeon 1.8 ghz with a gig of ram. Should help.

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:24 pm

what about the stale mate issue? Do you think that will be resolved by removing some of the lag?

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:26 pm

Well it should be removed by another beach server running....

I agree...

Postby Lord ZOG » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:26 pm

Limiting the player amount would help.

I've been getting higher and higher pings there myself...and with more and more skilled players showing up it's becomning damn near impossible for the Allies to even touch the docs. There are so many Axis members that the they have no choice but to start spawn killing on the beach because there's simply no room in the war room (most teams just Circus Clown the war room with bodies until even they can't move around in there).

And the six second invulnerability seems to have disappeared, and now I'm getting gibbed immediately after I spawn in the forward bunker. Lately, 12 lives have been wasted just trying to get out of the front bunker.

Edogg, right. Smarty, smarty. Ugh. No likey the spawn kill. Bad, bad.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:33 pm

Okay, I set the spawn invul time back to 6 seconds. And from now on, when an Axis fires mortar, panzer, flamer, nade, or dyno at the forward bunker and you are STILL INVULNERABLE, said axis person will be gibbed and sent a message saying "You have been penalized for spawn camping."

Hows that?

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:37 pm

lol...sounds good. Also sounds fun:D

Good job...

Postby Lord ZOG » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:39 pm

Excellent, Smithers!
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:45 pm

Now keep in mind, this also goes for Allies spawn camping Axis just as much.

Edogg

10-4

Postby Edogg » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:46 pm

affirmative

Maybe an off topic question...

Postby Lord ZOG » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:06 pm

I've been getting pretty bad pings on the OC48 server lately, and it's almost twice a game where the lag renders me totally useless (OK, no jokes!!)

My question is; how much of this is related to my machine/connection and how much of it is related to the OC48 server/connection?

I used to get consistant sub-100 pings on )C48...now I've been ranging anywhere from 127 - 460.
Lord ZOG

6undam

Postby 6undam » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:21 pm

Wow MmmGood, that new anti-spawn camping thingmyjig sounds most interesting! This server is becoming more and more idealic of a game server! You think Activision might take this anti-spawn camping feature into their next release? So what would happen if an opponent shot me while I'm in invulnerable mode, would they be penalised too?

Why am I on this forum when I should be playing? Cause after installing the 1.4 patch from this server I seem to be getting loadsa problems getting in, not only oc48, but to other areas too... :( Might have to re-install as I can't seem to find the 1.33 patch which in any case might not work cause I got the RTCW game of the year edition which is inherently 1.33 by itself... :P

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:25 pm

Everything but bullets triggers the spawn camping penalty. I figure you cant kill that many people with just a gun, but a panzer camping and mortar fire on the roof of the bunker is really what does it.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:49 pm

Sounds good... been thinking though, since the forward bunker is effectively an objective, axis who attack the bunker might not be a spawn camper but simply trying to defend the objective right? In that case, wouldn't it be wrong for them to be penalised? I can just about imagine the time when allies _just_ manage to claim forward bunker with the axis still trying to fight them back when all of a sudden some axis who might have thrown a grenade in gets penalised. :D

Personally, I find the 6s invulnerability all I need to combat camping when I'm on allies since a mad dash out bypasses the campers. One thing I do hate though and i'm not sure what the consensus on this tactic is around here is having an ally flamer flame one of axis spawn point (adjacent to radio room) doorway when allies have docs.... I guess this anti-spawncamping mod will sort this out too, right? Just experienced this last night when I was forced to play on another server when I couldn't get on oc48... heh... oh, didn't realise that I had 7 lives max on that server unlike oc48 so got wiped out before even realising it! And I didn't have 2 grenades (as lieut)... and the 6s invulnerability... list goes on... :D

Tha187um

Postby Tha187um » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:08 pm

Hey 6undam haven't seen you play lately... well, i like the spawn idea but 6undam is right, it's not fair that you might throw an air strike to keep allies from getting the bunker, i agree with just having 6 seconds.....

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein