Respawn Killing

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

slow

Respawn Killing

Postby slow » Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:49 pm

I got penalized twice for Respawn killing. What is that? I was on the beach server playing as a lt. and calling air strikes near the forward bunker. Is that bad now?

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:01 pm

ill let mmmmgood handle this.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:12 pm

Yes, its bad now. If you hit the enemy while they are still invulnerable after spawn, you are penalized for spawn killing.

Especially with mortar. I found that mortar fire on top of the bunker goes through the roof into the actual bunker, hence is using an exploit.

However, I have turned down the spawn invulnerability from 6 seconds to 4, and this also goes for Allies spawn camping as well.

All weapons except for bullets will trigger the spawn camp alarm.

WarlordOfMars

Axis Bunker

Postby WarlordOfMars » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:33 pm

Actually the Forward Bunker is an Axis position and I believe we have the right to airstrike it. Just because the Allies capture it, does not mean that we shouldn't be able to hit it with full fire power. Let them choose to spawn on the beach if they can't take the heat. I personally don't consider it to be spawn killing.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:54 pm

Well like i said, it goes for Allies as well.

slow

Wow

Postby slow » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:57 pm

Thanks for the informative anzwer MmmmmGood. It sounds like there isnt alot that can be done since the penalty is written onto the new patch 1.4.
WarlordofMars pointed out that the Forward Bunker is part of the axis beach bunker complex, and I think that if they want they can respawn at the beach. Personally I think that he is right. I think I'll still call airstrikes near the forward bunker, and also the value I attach to my score at the end game might not mean as much. I mean, air strikes are effective, this is simulated war (all is fair in love and war), and holding back just seems sisy. If it helps your team win its ok I think.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:42 pm

I have mixed views on the forward bunker... one thing though, airstriking the forward bunker could be considered a deterrant maybe but axis who fire a panzer into the bunker should be penalised... hence that is one area which makes me go for this new form of penalty.

I'm greatly saddened by the loss of 2s of superman mode... but I guess that makes sense since if we have 6s AND the anti-spawncamping rule, allies could effectively make it nearly to the trench stairway with axis would still be prohibited from any form of attack apart from bullets...that makes an awful lot of area defined as no-airstrike zone...!

One thing that sounds interesting though... allies can't panzer the top axis spawn area too! Boy, you have no idea how much I fear that area making a maaaaad dash out once I spawn! Who knows when the next random panzer might fly in! :D

PhoEniX

Postby PhoEniX » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:14 pm

i got mad at the damn spawn killing penalty our guy had docs and i lay a nade near radio and it oes off when an axis runs over it and i get killed and gibbed and then we loose docs.! grrrr! im glad ppl cant panzer or airstrike forward bunker its a pain in the ass when people block it and u get nailed by damn ppl with panzers and airstrikes i think it is more of a good thing than bad it will eliminate alot of the fuss and whining

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:16 pm

Actually, the spawn camping penalty is not build into 1.4, it is a feature of Shrub mod.

Phoenix, your situation simply wouldnt happen. It isnt possible for an Axis to spawn and run to back radio stairs in 4 seconds, even if they are quick.

PhoEniX

Postby PhoEniX » Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:05 pm

i meant near radio not at radio stairs i dropped it near front end of radio near the table sorr for confusion

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:20 pm

Oh....well I decreased the spawn invul time from 5 seconds to 4 seconds, should be better now....

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:34 am

so MMmmGood... I would suppose that penalties would also occur for an axis to run around the front of the forward bunker and tossing in a nade, then rushing in to down the flag..?? or even while racing inside the bunker tossing nades ??

Sei Ignorante!

Postby Sei Ignorante! » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:06 am

MEATSHIELD:

Of course what you are insinuating is an insulting form of game play and should not be tolerated in the least. I say play fair or u will be grounded!

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:17 am

ok Sei.... this is where I slap u with the skillz book...."smack!" :lol: ... now find u a copy and study it.... :P

Sei Ignorante!

Postby Sei Ignorante! » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:27 am

Uh yeah ok, like whatever girly man! Killing the other side as they respawn is not really the object now is it. I know that it boosts your stats when you waste the opponents in this less than savory manner, but it really does not take a great deal of skill. So I suggest that you learn some strategy. But, I guess that as a woman you cannot go to the front lines and are therefore relegated to the rear and you have to play from the back, ahhhhhh.

:lol:

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein