Respawn Killing

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:10 am

hi all

hey i see the same threadt twice..but ill say the same thing over here aswell...

1) I hate spawn killers how wouldt u like it when i blow u up without even getting a change to fight back....

2) I Luv to re-take the flag when im axis i think its good tactic..Because it takes allies longer to get back on axis ground...

3)The penalty is NOT i repeat NOT gonna stop spawn killing, iv u think tht..i have to say only one thing..DREAM on....

If u wanna stop the spawnkillers..Temperarly Banned the player tht comes under the (lets say) -15 points..That will teach the &*(^&^&%*^%(* spawnkiller
Because the only way u get in the minus is..

a) killing ur self
b) Spawnkilling

Both DONT help ur side in winning...So i say just banned them for a whole game of 20 minits or so...maybe its harsh but if u wanna stop it do it good..lol...And let the auto message say.. u got one more change or u will get banned for (lets say) 20 min....Then "they"will think twice befor doing it again.....

cu guys and remember my credo...
Happy Hunting

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:16 am

Originally posted by MMmmGood
Knock it off please fellas

hi all

hi guys if mmmmgood or motha says knock it off fellas...
Do it or they will send over the FAT lady...And u dont want that to happen.................lol (see pic in other threadt)

And stop the child like name calling it got no place on this greate server...

6undam

Postby 6undam » Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:36 am

Hey Ironman! I think banning the player for 20min in addition to the penalty might be a bit excessive.. :) The thing is if the player was spawncamping then having launched a panzer or whatever at the allies as they're making a dash out or if they're still dawdling in the bunker, they're already penalised by being auto-gibbed... This penalty might not be favourable with everyone but IMHO I think it can 'persuade' spawn campers to stop... I mean, I don't think any sane person would seriously like to invoke the penalty all the time, they'd be waiting for deployment the whole game until their lives run out! :)

MeatShield

Postby MeatShield » Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:29 pm

hey Ironman... yeah, the Fatlady did swing by for a visit (she says hi by the way)... suprising not too violent, but a great personality.. :eek:

[A.S.H.]Colossus

Postby [A.S.H.]Colossus » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:57 pm

Well I dont agree with the spawn camping penalty, but Mmmgood likes it and he runs the server. So since the penalties probably arent going anywhere get used to em. And be smart about it..take advantage of them. The first thing I do when I spawn in the front bunker is run out under airstrikes. If you cant beat it use it to your advantage.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:22 am

Unfortunately, no spawn camping penalties as yet... I notice we still have limited spawn invulnerability... since we dont have penalties as yet, I wonder if MmmGood can increase our invulnerability back to 6s as before the penalty rule... *hint-hint*.... :D

Oh, I think another way you can take advantage of the penalty is to stand in your spawn point (esp. as axis) and wait to see if anyone decides to shoot a pot luck panzer into the bunker... or is that too evil? :P

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:17 am

The increased spawn time will be on later tonight, Monday night that is.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:04 am

Yeeeaaah! Superman mode again! :D Lemme see, 6s mad dash should get me near trench stairs without being gibbed... :D :D Thks for that.... Monday night for u should be about past midnight for us... ;)

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:39 pm

haha lol this is gonna be great , although i had a lot of spawnkilling on me today , couldnt leave the bunker for about 10minutes without getting killed , man that sucked :mad:

6undam

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:44 am

Actually, did the 6s invulnerability get implemented Monday night or is it to be implemented later? I didn't seem to be invulnerable last night for 6s, seems to be still 4s? Is this 6s change not going to happen because of the increased charge time for lieutenants (which was implemented last night I believe)? Sorry, not chasing the admins, just wondering...

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:47 am

no no its a good question and now that you mention it i am wondering the same thing.

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:43 pm

Well I dont agree with the spawn camping penalty, but Mmmgood likes it and he runs the server. So since the penalties probably arent going anywhere get used to em. And be smart about it..take advantage of them. The first thing I do when I spawn in the front bunker is run out under airstrikes. If you cant beat it use it to your advantage.

^ ^

I don't know how to quote it so I just copied and pasted. I agree with Heaven's statement. If you spawn as allies and you see an airstriek in front of you, run out into it...ther'es a good chance it will rocket you up to the uperbase. It's a glitch that works to your advantage. It won't work every time, but it's better than staying back waiting in forward bunker just to get blown up by panzer, support fire, nade, flamer, etc:blow: :flame: :violin:

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:50 am

cmon man , being panzerd grenaded or burned up every single time you spawn aint fun , i dont think that it ever happend to you yet or else you would agree with what people are saying here.

Postby S.S. N » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:06 pm

the invulnerability at respawn should be enough to get you back out to the seawall if axis are being dicks with nades and panzers in the forward bunker front door. i just go out the back when things are hot up front.
im not one to toss nades/airstrike/flame/or panz the forward door but its the way the game is played by alot of unskilled folks. cant wait for the penalties to go back on for respawn killing.

N

6undam

Postby 6undam » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:09 pm

You know, to say the absolute truth IMHO, the penalties aren't really needed because the invulnerability gives the allies (and axis) the time neccessary to get out of a possible spawn camping situation. BUT, the nasty side of me likes it because I get to see whoever it was that tried to 'take advantage' of us-who-just-spawned get gibbed.... :D That I
believe is the reason I'm for it... in terms of fairness in the game, I think the invulnerability factor on this server makes it fair enough... admins, please don't take the above notes into consideration when deciding whether to re-apply the penalties... :D

Mike, the times I get catapulted into the air thanks to the airstrike is a wonderful feeling..... I fly through the air with the greatest of ease... only to land and be gibbed because I've fallen from such a height and my invulnerability has expired... :P

On the same note... am I right in saying we still only have 4s invulnerability? Maybe the admins can tell me if 6s has been implemented so I can start kissing them? :lol: nah, I'll treat 'em to a pint... if they ever stray into dull ol' UK... :beer:

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein