Very Important Update On Server Crashes!!!

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Aim High

Postby Aim High » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:18 pm

Hi guys... forgive me for putting my two cents in, but for me it's all about having some fun. After having to put up with the daily grind, I always look forward to an evening of a few rounds of Wolf!! Every evening I see the same chatter on screen! Forget the typing, and just play for heaven's sake! Some nights there's more garbage about who's doing what to who, or who's spawn killing, or who like's or dislike's clan's (I have no problem with clans).:violin: One night it was about operating systems, which is better, OH BROTHER! :mad: While you guys are arguing about who knows what, as an Allie I'm helping my brothers either sneaking over the wall, before the engineers even set the dynamite, or I'm laying down med packs ahead of the person carrying the docs. If I'm on the Axis side, again I'm too busy laying the med packs in the ducts to a Venom carring German:D . Maybe some of the chatter is good for distracting the enemy? Who cares, just play. and just remember to have fun. I love playing on this server, I think it's the best server out there:) Motha & Mmmgood, your hard work doesn't go unappreciated, you guys are the best I love playing with all you guys. I look forward to reviving YOU;) C YA

slow

Second that

Postby slow » Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:59 pm

This is the best server. Your work is appreciated guys.

(>Tool<)

Spawn killing/Camping

Postby (>Tool<) » Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:26 pm

:violin: Spawn camping is effective to the point that it is cheap and cheesy. I just get really bored when there are none stop bino strikes on that forward bunker. I understand it is an axis position but god, its almost impossible to get out of there, and easy for axis to make it that way. Spawn camping is going to happen but we don't need every LT doing it.

(>Tool<)

Good Server

Postby (>Tool<) » Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:29 pm

I would have to say that the OC48 and the low grav version are great to agree with Slow. I'm just personally happy to see some ground being gained on the shrub mod. I really miss it in its prime.:blow:

PhoEniX

Postby PhoEniX » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:17 am

i think enough has been said about spawn camping. i think there is 2 much complaing about it i have said my 2 cents about plenty of times but no offense or 2 push anyone the wrong way it is getting old 2 see every thread become a thread on spawn killing.

p.s. i also appreciate your server :rotflmao:

(>Tool<)

Spawn Camping

Postby (>Tool<) » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:02 pm

If every thread turns into a complaining area for spawn camping, doesn't that tell you something?

PhoEniX

Postby PhoEniX » Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:31 pm

it tells me that its annoying i didnt mean to push ur button or rubu the wrong way tool. its jsut part of the game ive come to accept it

(>Tool<)

No buttons pressed

Postby (>Tool<) » Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:43 pm

You didn't press any buttons, just a simple statement.

MaskdMayo

Postby MaskdMayo » Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:10 pm

Hi MMmmGood... I was just wondering how soon it would be before you start implementing some of the old features back into the game. And have you yet determined what has been causing the server crashes? Thanks.

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:37 pm

You will gradually see the features come back into the game. I am testing them one by one for stability.

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:18 pm

the invunarablity thing sounds good , but i think you should keep the penalty running , being spawnkilled 3-5 times is ok , but each time you respawn ?? that starts to get annoying , i couldnt move for 3 steps today for about 10minutes without getting killed and man that sucks big time.

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:38 pm

I agree with the above statements about the spawn killing. People should just stop complaining and just live with it. If you get annoyed by it, spawn at the beach or take the backway out of the bunker. Just don't complain. No matter what, spawn killing will happen sooner or later.

Night Raven

Postby Night Raven » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:51 pm

:cool:
I would say that spawn killing would be fine if it was just as easy for both sides. But it isn't. The forward bunker is vulnerable to artillery and unless you go out the back way you HAVE TO go throught the trenches. The axis spawn indoorsin 1 of 3 places (correct me if I'm wrong) and except for the little room by the stairs there's more than one way out. Maybe penalties take it a but far though. I was playing when they were on and had a great shot at a nazi in the lower axis bunker window. Then all of a sudden I get the penalty notice, just happened he spawned then started shooting. Maybe a longer invulnerability time is all that's needed to allow people to disperse and door blockers to be yelled at. Spawn killing is strategic, yes, but neither honorable nor fair on this map.

Night Raven

(>Tool<)

Postby (>Tool<) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:34 am

That's a good view of things, I completely agree with nightraven.:D

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein