Spawn Killing

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

slow

Spawn Killing

Postby slow » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:25 pm

Ok, how did I get penalized for spawn camp killing in the basement? I killed somebody who respawned from a medic's revive?

PhoEniX

Postby PhoEniX » Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:49 am

slow that has happened to me to like 3 times where ive been in basement or somewhere else and it will gib me for spawn killing i dont know why i think its just a glitch

6undam

Postby 6undam » Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:50 pm

The closest spawn in the basement would be the room with loadsa beds? You wouldn't have happened to have accidentally killed one of those that's just spawned from in there would you? Personally, I've been (yeah, evil me :D ) shooting at medics in the process of reviving team members and I didnt experience the penalty....

slow

Penalties

Postby slow » Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:29 am

Sounds to me like it was a glitch. And last time I played it seems that penalties have been removed. I could be wrong (that's always true). Guess that's it, thanks.

[A.S.H.]Colossus

Postby [A.S.H.]Colossus » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:51 pm

Ummmmm I dont think you can spawn in the barracks in the basement. I could be wrong and itd be great if I was because if you could I dont think the allies would ever win. But as far as spawn killing penalties go I dont really agree with them. I mean a big part of winning on axis is front bunker control and it makes it nearly impossible to get in there and take it back. And sure I have been spawn killed out of that bunker before but I took it as part of the game and it only ever happened about 5% of the time anyway. And with 7 sec respawn and no more than 2 panzers on a team it is not really a problem anyways. Thats just my opinion.

PhoEniX

Postby PhoEniX » Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:37 pm

nice to have some fresh insight on things :D

6undam

Postby 6undam » Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:49 am

Out of topic, Heaven, you related to Hell? Not being funny, but there is a person called Hell running around too... :)

Back to topic though, as axis you _can_ spawn in the lower bunker barracks area (beds etc) but it would appear that the 2 prefered auto spawn areas are adjacent to the radio room and underneath that same room (can't remember what it's called)

Reason I don't mind the anti spawn camping rule is I don't get gibbed/blasted by airstrikes taht easily... boy, one of the games last night had endless airstrikes down the trenches!!! :blow: Very difficult! Had to turn into a boring stair troll (is there such things? :D ) to keep the stairway open for fellow allies instead of letting it get re-possessed by an axis flamer.... boy, when that bit gets taken by axis flamer/lieut combo, it's hellish for allies!! :eek:

[A.S.H.]Colossus

Postby [A.S.H.]Colossus » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:59 pm

We like to play together. No relation though.

(>Tool<)

Spawn Kill penalties

Postby (>Tool<) » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:14 pm

What happened with that penalty Slow was talking about I think may have been a glitch, but an understandable one because you said you killed someone after a med revived them. Maybe it was just too soon after spawn protection cause you get it back after a revive as we all know. So the server seeing that penalized you assuming that he just spawned. No distinction between revive and spawn maybe?

slow

Thats what I thought

Postby slow » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:24 pm

That sounds about right. I only experianced it once, and that was a few days ago. My whole point in posting was to first see if this was a new rule. Second, to see if other people were having the same problem. That there seems to be alot of ventilation from people frustrated by Spawn killing, and people angry about Spawn Camping as a general strategy is the livelier part of this thread. So, anyway, thanks again to MmmGood and the other people who make it possible to play on this great server.

slow

And..

Postby slow » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:35 pm

Thanks also to the people who replied to my questions ((>Tool<) and PhoEniX and others) (I forgot to mention thatt:D )

(>Tool<)

Sure

Postby (>Tool<) » Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:09 pm

No frustration here, Just an observation.

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:48 pm

actually i think the spawn killing doesnt happen that often in the oc servers , you should see other servers were people keep panzering the bunker , that is so annoying .
im glad the oc servers excist they have brought rtcw back into my best mp game ever list once more... :)

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein