Punkbuster

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

[A.S.H.]Colossus

Punkbuster

Postby [A.S.H.]Colossus » Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:01 pm

Just a quick question to the admin. Why no punkbuster?

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:33 pm

hi all

Im not the admin nor a admin..but plse NO P.B.
Then we wont be able to use our binds...

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:34 pm

The new release of PB auto updates itself, and I dont like that.

Also when PB checks your machine for cvar violations, it lags.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:24 am

No punkbuster!??! Hmm... I wonder if that might be the reason I don't see OC48 since I filter out :P all servers taht don't have punkbuster... Does the admins think this might be enabled in future? Obviously all the regulars on the servers are unquestionably skilled but am somewhat worried about possible newcomers who might be dubious?

Ironman, you have scripts that punkbuster doesn't like? I think we had punkbuster prior to 1.4 and all my scripts were accepted... mind you, most of mine are simple stuff... :)

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:24 pm

aha now i understand why i never see the server in my list , but if it takes away our binds then please leave it off...

[A.S.H.]ironman

Postby [A.S.H.]ironman » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:12 pm

hi all

no if got no cheats or something if got words/lines tht i have binded...like >>>>>>long<<<<<< or >>>>>>>short<<<<<<<< or >>>>>>ducts<<<<<< and the smoke nade..if got a bind for tht..and pb wont exept any of those...

so NO P.B. plse...

cu

6undam

Admins?

Postby 6undam » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:42 pm

Hey Admins, if there's no Punkbuster, what's to stop people from cheating? Especially if admins aren't around?

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:59 am

i havent seen any cheaters arround so far...

[A.S.H.]Colossus

Postby [A.S.H.]Colossus » Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:35 pm

Im with 6undam. I mean it is incredibly easy to cheat in this game. And without pb whos to say they arent. You need to make an exmple by permanently bannning all cheaters caught in the act.

Wulf

Postby Wulf » Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:16 pm

yea your right 6undam and collosus they should ban those people , i dont even understand how they dare call themselves gamers ??!!?

Postby SilverSurfer » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:02 pm

lol i dont really noticed any cheaters exept for noob then but that wasn't a big problem for me you could still kill him he really really sucks he coudn't even win with cheats

but still he should be banned

i dont care if pb is on or not but if ironman says not then thats what it should be :) :flame:
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

PB and binds...

Postby Lord ZOG » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:00 pm

I have binds for a lot of things (quick chats, class changes, etyc_) and I never have problems with them running on PB enabled servers.

If your binds don't work then I'd assume it's more to do with the fact that you created them incorrectly.

Here is a .CFG file I use that binds certain keys to what I've mentioned above;

// medic with MP40/Thompson bindings

bind END "mp_playertype 1;mp_weapon 3;echo ^7You ^7will ^7Respawn ^7as ^7a ^2Medic ^7with ^7an ^3MP40/Thompson^7;say_team ^5Respawning ^5as ^5a ^1Medic^7"

// engineer with MP40/Thompson bindings

bind DEL "mp_playertype 2;mp_weapon 3;echo ^7You ^7will ^7Respawn ^7as ^7an ^2Engineer ^7with ^7an ^3MP40/Thompson^7;say_team ^5Respawning ^5as ^5an ^1Engineer^7"

// lieutenant with MP40/Thompson bindings

bind PGDN "mp_playertype 3;mp_weapon 3;echo ^7You ^7will ^7Respawn ^7as ^7a ^2Lieutenant ^7with ^7an ^3MP40/Thompson^7;say_team ^5Respawning ^5as ^5a ^1Lieutenant^7"

// soldier with Panzerfaust bindings

bind PGUP "mp_playertype 0;mp_weapon 8;echo ^7You ^7will ^7Respawn ^7as ^7a ^2Soldier ^7with ^7a ^3Panzerfaust^7;say_team ^5Respawning ^5with ^3Panzerfaust ^1STAND BACK!!"

// soldier with Sniper bindings

bind HOME "mp_playertype 0;mp_weapon 9;echo ^7You ^7will ^7Respawn ^7as ^7a ^2Soldier ^7with ^7a ^3Venom^7;say_team ^5Respawning ^5with ^3Venom^7"

bind F4 say_team ^5Documents dropped and available!!
bind F5 say_team ^5Going the long way!
bind F6 say_team ^5Going short way!
bind F7 say_team ^5Good job, guys!
bind F8 say_team ^5Watch wall jumpers!
bind F9 say_team ^5Recharging, hold on a minute.
bind F10 say_team I'll wait here for you.
bind o "vsay_team DefendObjective"
bind i "vsay_team Incoming"
bind h "vsay Hi"
bind p "vsay_team PathCleared"
bind g +salute
bind m exec stop.cfg

The last bind runs a script (named stop.cfg) that has the infamous "/s_stop" command in it to correct the sound when it drops out.

The team chat binds are pretty much limited to the beach map, obviously....but it would be a cinch to create different scripts for different maps...just remembering what key says what would be quite difficult after a while.

This all works with or witrhout PunkBuster running. I've never had a problem with PB and my scripts or bindings.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

Postby SilverSurfer » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:06 pm

nice work creating all those binds i should take some time and do that myself to but i dont take the time to do all that work
but it sure is usefull in a game
headshot
drunk
siL
my space

Cut 'n Paste my boy.

Postby Lord ZOG » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:08 pm

Just copy the text, create a new text file, paste it in there. Rename the .TXT file into something like classes.cfg, move it to your \Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main directory...

Enter the game, bring down your console and type;

\exec classes

VILOA! Instant binding bliss.
Lord ZOG

"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town."

iceman41

Postby iceman41 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:15 pm

Zog, you way too good at that stuff. Huuumphh.

Go Bucs, Go Pats (for Zog).

Regards, Iceman41

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein