Dynamite Planting

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

6undam

Dynamite Planting

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:03 am

What's the logic behind axis planting dynamites in war room, radio room and other apparently nonsensical places? I saw quite a number of these lying around and got blown up twice too! Ok, my fault for straying so close to one, but just seems strange to have them lying around. Or is it to deter allies from going near? Apart from a minor deterrant, I really don't see much point in dynamites in the war room, chances of blowing up your own people are higher than blowing up the opposition! Or am I missing something from the big picture? :confused:

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:59 am

I do not know how you can kill your own team? Friendly Fire is off, so being able to kill your team is impossible. Unless if you do the spectating killing, but I think that is cleared up with the new updates?

6undam

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:58 am

Hmm... I was sure I got blown up by a dynamite twice last night because according to a friend also in the war room, he was surprised that I had suddenly died since there weren't any allies attacking... that was in the war room and I died again running past a dynamite (that, I assume the dynamite killed since it's the closest object to me when I died... it could of course be a grenade). Like you, I assumed it was safe to stand next to dynamite planted by your own side... maybe I'll test that out tonight... :D

What's spec killing?

Postby S.S. N » Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:29 pm

when im an eng and i dont get killed by the time the wall is blown ill try and go as far as i can. last night i was in the war room hiding in the back behind that fence planting dynamite. what the hell else are you gonna do in that situation aside from kill yourself and switch occupations, or be a suicide bomber and then switch...why not plant some dynamite in stupid high traffic places before you get killed? fun fun fun. the only people that will die from dyna is the planter of the dyna or the other team.

N

PhoEniX

Postby PhoEniX » Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:41 pm

there has always been a glitch with dyno if ur on top of it or to close sometimes/always u take damage. it happened to me jsut last night i was an allie covering the beach dyno and i took alo of damage forgot how much nex time ill record a demo or soemthing of it

COL.BUKKAKE

Postby COL.BUKKAKE » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:10 pm

6UNDAM SOME ASS WAS SPEC KILLIN BIG TIME LAST NITE, HE PLANTS THE DYNO KILLS HIMSELF THEN GOES OTHER SIDE....HE PLANTED TWICE IN WAR ROOM...AND OTHER SPOTS AS WELL...THATS PROB WHAT GOT YOU KILLD
:mad:

Postby S.S. N » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:49 pm

people actually play like that? what sense does that make? i noticed some team jumpers last night...but i dont remember who. goddamn punks.

N

Postby Weasel Meat » Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:42 pm

I was there last night and kicked two spec killers, I hope more didnt come back after I left. One was named fuckface aand the other was named Speckiller. I wonder where he got his name.

I belive when the new version of shrub is working for version 1.4 spec killing will not be possible.

Edogg

Postby Edogg » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:38 pm

I hate spec killers with a passion. I mean I really hate them. they are way worse than doorblockers in my opinion.

RTCW Admin

Postby Killer Mike » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:28 pm

I think that there is nothing wrong with wall jumping. If a player is willing to take that risk, then that is okay. They are not punks for jumping wall, sneaking through defense and getting objective. It just makes the axis look really bad when the allies set a time of 2 minutes. Reason for me explaining this is becuase I sometimes do it myself:)

Night Raven

Postby Night Raven » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:14 pm

:cool:
Spec killers are the scum of the earth, almost as bad as door blockers (To repeat) and more annoying than spawn killers. As for those who actually use their brain and set their priorities right, good for you. Your score is not only higher, but you make fewer enemies. I have much respect for those who have the balls and organisation to launch a quick raid and get the job done.
kudos

"Less Yacking, more smacking." - Jack Hoban

MMmmGood

Postby MMmmGood » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:25 pm

With the next update from Shrub, it will get rid of spec killing.

Night Raven

Postby Night Raven » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:27 pm

Right, or penalize team switching... severely.

6undam

Postby 6undam » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:48 pm

Thanks Bukkake for explaining this 'spec killing' biz... I get the picture now. Does sound nasty, I'd say much nastier than spawn killing or door blocking! :eek:

iceman41

Postby iceman41 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:57 pm

Heard you guys yelling about spec killing last night. What exactly is it?

Also, you CAN die from friendly explosives. It's happened to me repeatedly with morons in war room. As for why someone would plant it where it doesnt seem to make sense, because they get 10 pts for every time they set dyno, regardless of location. Another 10 if it completes objective (i.e. sea wall).

IVE COME TO CHEW BUBBLE GUM AND KICK ASS, AND IM ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM.

WORD TO YOUR BROTHERSS

ICEMAN41

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein