ECGN Failstars

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Re: ECGN Failstars

Postby HuGgY BiZzLe » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Yes because your hypothesis that only a V8 can be a sports car is airtight. Someone call Porsche and alert them to stop production.

Postby caffeine » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:14 pm

a v6 (yours) and a straight 6 (porsche 911, dodge trucks, caterpillar bulldozers) are not even close to the same engine. your hypothesis that a v8 or better cannot drive on a curvey road is rock solid. you probably have one of those super cool soup can exhaust kits so your car sounds like it has a powerful engine. don't you?

Postby HuGgY BiZzLe » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Actually I haven't started the buildup yet, but it will have a Motordyne Shockwave exhaust, which runs around $1400.

All it would take to make you cry would be an encounter with an old Buick Grand National, V6.

Postby caffeine » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:58 pm

oh so yours is a make believe car. gotcha

Postby Unsobering » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 pm

HuGgY BiZzLe wrote:Actually I haven't started the buildup yet, but it will have a Motordyne Shockwave exhaust, which runs around $1400.

All it would take to make you cry would be an encounter with an old Buick Grand National, V6.

by today's standards the t-type/grand national is not even a fast production car

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:36 am

Muscle Car = 2 door Sedan like car, GTO, GTX, T-type, Cutlass, Chevelle, Fairlane, GS. Use to have a 4 door version of it (this is not a muscle car). You know a family type boxy car with big power, not the biggest from its maker. Like Impala, LTD, Newport, those are the luxury for there brand of car

Pony Car = Camaro, Trans Am, Mustang, Challenger, Cuda, AMX, Javelin, pre 70 Cougars, Falcon.
A car where the trunk lid is much smaller then the hood

Tunner = any thing running on rice or 4 and 6 cylinder cars. That are small in size

Touring Car = Mercedes, LS, Rivera, A8, STS.
a luxury car with a sports suspension

Sports Car = Corvette, Pantera, Esprit, AMG 65, low end Ferrari.
Something that doesn't have a trunk 2 seats and coast big when new

SUV = Big, and holds a lot of stuff/ people, truck based.

Crossover = The new station wagon.

Super car = Lamborghini, High end Ferrari, Mclaren, Bugatti.
2/3 seat car, with road race car suspension and big power high reviving engine

Hot Rod = pre 60's car that has been altered to go fast or look like it does.

Classic Car = The rest of the collective cars. I would say its Definition would be from 77 back now, but for me it is really any thin 67 and back that doesn't fit in any other class.

There are a few cars that fall some where between classes. Some that have been redesigned that now fall into a different class. So it is open to your own interpretation.

Huggy's car would be a sports car for Nissan. They are nice cars I do like the New 370 Nissmo. My brother is a car dealer for one of the largest Nissan dealers in St. Louis.

I guess the term Muscle car is now being used as a blanket to describe cars, but I am old school from the early 80's and so up there is how I class cars.
"I'M ALL...O-M-G,,, Becky's not even Hot!"
".....and while your pants struggle to support the heavier you....."
"Your checking out my awesome head band"

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:57 am

As for today's fast cars. Yes, "In general" they are making faster cars off the production line, versus the 60's, 70's and 80's. But the 60's and early 70's cars where light years a head of most cars that were built in the 30's and 40's. So I would hope 40 years in the forward direction cars would also be better cars then those from the 60's. The "Fast" cars built today are the race cars or better from the 60/ 70's, Just as they where for the 30/ 40's. There are still some cars built in the 60's that will spank the new fastest ones. As far as straight line acceleration. but they don't make full on drag racing cars from the factory any more.

Don't ever fool yourselves and listen to the bull shit about new cars are better then the general American made cars from the 70's tho. I drove several of them, luxury and family cars, and still drive them. Some of the cars from the 70's still drive better and ran better then new cars today. You can't just throw gas mileage in as the trump card for comparing cars. It is just 1 factor. How about ride quality, comfort, style, maintenance, durability, resale value, price, repair coast, safety, and so on. OH AND YES OLD CARS ARE SAFE OR THE HUMAN RACE WOULD HAVE ALL DIED. How the hell did you mom make it. Fuck we are raising a bunch of pussies, airbags, helmets on bikes, car seats, what the hell you can walk in front of a bus and die young even if you eat the damn vegetables.

Postby parchertaf » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Likethat, do you know anything about land cruisers? Specifically the 60 series. FJ60/62?

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Always like the the Toyota Land Cruiser. Never worked on them though. I wanted one really bad back in High School. I have worked on Toyota trucks a bit and a few cars. What is going on?

Postby parchertaf » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:37 pm

I've got the 3FE engine (EFI) and a 5 speed manual trans, and ever since I had some guy work on it. It hasnt had any power, according to him the timing was set way too high at 36* advanced. He lowered the timing and and did some other stuff and since then its run like complete crap. It revs fine but it doesnt pull at all, no power. I know this is really vague, but do you have any ideas of what to check? I replaced the fuel filter and adjusted the valves. (its a pushrod engine).

Postby Shmaley » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:36 am

I've not worked on a land cruiser but have you checked the spark plugs for proper gap and to make sure none of them have fouled? A change in timing can cause some problems that could lead to fouled plugs. And if your plugs are fouled or gapped wrong you will lose power.

Have you tried returning the timing to your previous setting?

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Is 36deg initial timing or full advance. If that is the timing for Idle and no mechanical or vacuum advance on the distributor. Then the distributor is in wrong. but if that is total advance 36* this is usually the best advance for power. From what I have seen it is 7* for setting timing at idle per factory specs. It would seem that the simplest answer is to undo what was dune. Was the vehicle running bad be for he re-timed it? I would doubt very much that the computer would let the engine run on 36* timing at idle. I would look over the timing first. Make sure that #1 cylinder is top dead center on the power stroke while not running and you are turning it to there by hand. Your pointer on the balancer should be very close to 0*. When the #1 cylinder is at the closest it can be to the spark plug hole. Each cylinder reaches the spark plug 2x before each time it fires. If this is not the case then the distributor is out of sync by a tooth or so. That would explain 36* of timing before you had it worked on. I would hope that the mechanic checked that first off.
Once you check out the timing and all is good with the distributor. Then advance it a bit and see if power starts coming back. If you have to go more then 12* I would look at your valves lash setting. Some times they get them to tight and that will rob power. How many miles on it? Did they replace the timing belt when you had it worked on? What is the idle rpm's at it should hold around 650?

Postby HuGgY BiZzLe » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Unsobering wrote:by today's standards the t-type/grand national is not even a fast production car

The turbo and a few tweaks make it really fast in a straight line, still.

Postby HuGgY BiZzLe » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:34 pm

likethat wrote:Huggy's car would be a sports car for Nissan. They are nice cars I do like the New 370 Nissmo. My brother is a car dealer for one of the largest Nissan dealers in St. Louis.

I think they screwed up the 370 body lines. I actually prefer the 350 with a nice body kit on it, like the Vizage Type A:

Postby Unsobering » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:34 pm

HuGgY BiZzLe wrote:The turbo and a few tweaks make it really fast in a straight line, still.

A few tweaks could probably get it into the high 13's.

Yes they seemed fast when they first came out. They were cool cars. I still know a couple of people that own them.

With todays off the showroom floor cars...They don't stand a chance.

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein