Cant log on in server

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Cant log on in server

Postby Napoleon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:34 am

Hello guys

Im having this problem, i installed the game in a lap, i played good that day, i tried to play at the next day but doesnt show me the server active, here is the pic, what do you think can be the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RTCW Admin

Re: Cant log on in server

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:45 am

Probably firewall

Postby Napoleon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply man, i turn off the firewall but I'm still having the problem, hoping you guys can help me. :(

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:05 am

Nappy, you can't join the server using your favorites list - changes happen with IP renewals and such. When the Master Server went down, you can't depend on what the ingame RTCW menu finds. What you should do it click "New Favorite" and then type in the ECG address and port. When you refresh that list, it will repopulate with it's default title. But because it is the only server left running, you can just automatically connect to the ECG Ip and port. Relying on the ingame menu is old tech, man :)

Postby Napoleon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks euro for reply, i tried too thru console ip and port but doesnt work, its weird, in my favorite deleted and create the ecg ip and port and still doesnt work, :(

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Can you ping the server IP?

Postby Napoleon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:35 pm

Yes, i ping ok to the server

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:16 am

So, you've started RTCW. While on the title screen, you pull down the console and type:
/connect 192... etc.: 27960 (you know the numbers, I don't know them right now)
and you don't connect to the server?

Postby Napoleon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:03 am

Guys I'm sorry, I'm such a noob, I found the problem and man at arms was right, the thing is that I deactivated the firewall of windows, but seems my GF installed this program: AhnLab Online Security Personal, and this crap program in some way was activating some kind of firewall (not the windows firewall). Once I disabled it could see and enter to the server without problems.

Thanks guys for everything

Cheers!

P.S. Euro, I will kill you like a maniac soon, JK, cyu in server.

Postby Hayling » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 am

We shall make sure Napo gets blown up by dynamite traps.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:43 pm

OMG you let your GIRLFRIEND install trojan-filled crap on your gaming machine, and I'M the n00b?!?! :gamer1:

hahaha

Postby Napoleon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Hayling, rofl

Euro, you are the 1st noob, im the 2nd, rofl

:ar15:

Postby spaceman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:28 am

hahah euro....gaming machine??...you could prob play this stoopid game on a 1996 word processing machine...fckn r2d2 could play this to princess leia on projector in 1977....btw nap why are you letting your lady near your gaming machine anyway?....hahaha gaming machine....i have a machine for gaming....its a machine...for games...i dont know why that cracks me up but it does
hayling plays on his commodore 64
thats high tech in barbados

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 pm

Well, I look at it this way: I have three computers in the house. One is a wireless laptop that is always on, and sits on a podium like an encyclopedia. The other is an older machine that I do all my documenting, cataloging, editing, data storage, etc. and it is not online. Lastly I have a machine that I play online games with, but it has nothing on it other than programs. If I were to get a trojan, virus, etc. I just reformat the HD without losing anything important.
Sorry to be so confusing, er... amusing!

Postby spaceman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:48 am

euro you are beautiful never change.....or i will keel u....i jest because i built myself a gaming machine, and whenever my lady gets near it i cringe....the other day i saw her plug her iphone into the usb to charge it and i had to change my undies....couldnt fkn believe it...sh*t my frkn pants....really no joke...nap if u are playing this on a laptop then u need tell your girl to sell a couple pairs of shoes so you can buy a pc...at least one from 2003ish....cost you like 50 bucks prob....i dont know how many peso that is but im guessin 700ish...i will frkn send you one...theres an old lady about to croak in my builiding...i already got dibs on her pc for parts...fedex style.....its yours....includes free hax.....

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein