Where is everyone?

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

RTCW Admin

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby cateye » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:52 pm

I just checked in on the server mid-day (US Mountain Time) on a Monday—20 people on.

So to answer your question: No. ;-)

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Darn! :P

Postby vodka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:42 pm

EurO wrote:Darn! :P

Euro, I'm using qtracker and I have all active servers so I can join where the peeps are on when ECG is empty

Postby vodka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:00 pm

and when no1 online I started playing Quake live, any1 else playing this?

Postby -|SS|-Lao » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:02 am

vodka wrote:and when no1 online I started playing Quake live, any1 else playing this?

I do! Mostly west coast however.

Postby Marvo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:19 pm

I told you it was over. Please feel free to wait for a twosome. Deepest thanks to everyone not only here but for 13 years of the best game I've ever played.
In a way it's almost like a close family member dying, or a sad change that happens in life. I would rather remember the full servers with hundreds of players all day everyday than watch the game i love to die suffering of what is old age.

Postby Marvo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Let's not also forget that 13-14 years is unbelievable amount of time for a game. Over a third of my life.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Well said, Marvo. The last remaining players, playing on the last remaining server have dedicated a LOT of time to this game. I knew right-off-the-bat, the first time I played it (during the GOTY edition), that it would be one of the Most Fun Things I've ever done. Can you say that your $50 invested in the game back in '02 was worth the money? I remember flying home from work just so that I could get on my favorite server of the year for whatever year it was. I barely remember my 30's because of Wolf. That is a good and bad thing. I can tell people that besides sex, I found something that is SO fun that I would rather do that than 95% of life's supposedly fun activites.
But on the same side of that coin, I wanted Wolf to die because I had to move forward in life, and not dedicate so much time to a "non-productive" activity. Yet, here it is mid-2015 and I still check the servers when I get home.
Like you said Marvo, it's like a family member dying - you will miss them, but you kinda want to move on from them, too.
I have t-shirts, lamps, all the editions, patches, and every RTCW release on whatever platform it was released on... in my collection. That is an obsession! But like falling in love, it is better to go through life having experienced it, than not.
This is why I cringe at those players who insist on running the docs when everyone else pleads for them not to, or trench panz the Allied spawn all the time despite being called out on it. Playing only for themselves, and not for the game; even if it's not for the fun of others. I just don't get it. They are the corrosion on the last vestige of fun left that this game has to offer.
Anyway, it was a great ride! And this conversation kind of comes on the heels of my moving back to Europe in the next few months. If there is no Wolf to play, that means I don't have to seek out or build a means to play it - which I likely would, and have multiple times on the past.
So, here's to all you last Wolfers - stand by me with my vow of playing it until all the servers are "0/0" (bots servers not included, hah)!!

Postby Napoleon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Don't know what to say Euro, tears on my face, been playing this game since the demo, nov 2001 i got this game, untill now i don't play any other gamar just RTCW, I hope the server keep running and all the players keep coming, that's my wish.

Cyu in server.

Postby Marvo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:32 am

Well said Euro. My dad died when I was playing this game in '08. I have two kids that I need to spend time with. I have spent so much time on this game in a way I wonder what my life would have been like if I never bought it. Everyone take care .

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Right on, Nappy, except you haven't been on during the last two nights of 2v2 :(

Marvo, I think it's tough to look back on things and wonder "what if" - it usually leads to regret. I believe that regret is something that you should have at a minimum during this life, which the sole purpose is to enjoy it and have fun. If you aren't having fun in this life, no matter what you do, then you are wasting precious time living on this earth. Your Dad dying is never fun, but then you know everyone dies, and you could've - or likely did - mourn for him before he was even passed because you knew he was going to die.
Either way, I think the stretch from your Dad dying to you beating yourself up for dedicating so much time to Wolf when he was alive is a moot point. You Dad could've approached you too, if he had the motivation. We put ourselves in our own dungeons and punish ourselves for "what ifs". That is not a beneficial stance in 90% of your lifetime.
Wolf is great fun, you played it for your own reasons for however long, and if anyone were to ask you back then, "Why are you playing this game so much?", you would've had an immediate, solid answer for them. Most people can't give an immediate, solid answer for why they do most things in their lives. Yet we Wolfers did.
I think that's worth something. And almost as much as giving thanks to the people that made Return To Castle Wolfenstein. We wouldn't be having this conversation on this forum about this game if it wasn't for their conception.

RTCW Admin

Postby magus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:12 am

Very true. I met a hell of a lot of great people from all over the world that I would never have met had I not played RTCW. I'll be on tonight if anyone's around, 10pm GMT (7 hours from now) :D

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:47 pm

These posts are crappy. I don't see my name mentioned in any of them. :evil:

RTCW Admin

Postby magus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Oh yeah, and MsB.

Postby Tragic » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:30 pm

B wrote:These posts are crappy. I don't see my name mentioned in any of them. :evil:

TBAR DeezNuts.

PreviousNext

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein