ROTATION!! LETS GO!

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

RTCW Admin

ROTATION!! LETS GO!

Postby B » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Need people on to do a rotation. Have all weekend to play. Let's get it going!! JOIN UP!

Re: ROTATION!! LETS GO!

Postby Marvo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:31 pm

I would love too. My wife and kids are going on holidays for a few weeks. But sadly it looks as though no one is on.

Postby Napoleon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:30 pm

count me in

I'll join tomorrow saturday I hope at 6pm CT and got all night, sunday as well at same time.

cyu in server

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 pm

I'll be on tomorrow afternoon throughout the night. See you there for a rotation. :rtfm:

Postby Tragic » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 am

DeezNuts.

Postby vodka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 pm

What about mailing the forum ppl upfront about a rotation happening?
Just a suggestion to get as many rtcw lovers gathered

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:31 am

I'm on every Fri and Sat night. I've sat on the server with it empty on these nights waiting to do a rotation. Bah and I were on alone playing last Fri till 9pm est.

Postby Tragic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Thanks for the rotation last night B.

As for vodka, if I remember correctly Junior set something up a year or so ago that used to work(i've changed phones since so I don't know if it works currently) Where if the server did a rotation or changed from beach you'd receive a message via SMS(your cell phone, tablet, smartphone etc) where it would tell you of a map change and I found it to be very handy as I'm not a big fan of beach. Maybe it still works, you'd have to ask him.

RTCW Admin

Postby Villain » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Don't know if its the heatwave in europe, the silly season, the holiday season or most likely the switch to 24/7 rotation ... but the server is dying. :hang3: :violin:

Can we please have the 24/7 beach server back? :bow: "Extensive" Rotation on weekends, when there are most people on, should be enough.

Or I can volunteer for admin duties if needed. :boss:

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Thank you. I agree. There are maps on no one wants to play and then the server empties. I though weekend rotation and some nights during the week was working fine.

Postby Tragic » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:03 pm

B wrote:Thank you. I agree. There are maps on no one wants to play and then the server empties. I though weekend rotation and some nights during the week was working fine.

Not everyone can hop on during weekends, therefore to exclude maps during the week isn't fair to those who want play anything other than beach(trust me there are individuals who don't get on, just because it's on beach)

As of lately even on maps I dislike I still see 6v6 or 7v7 which In all fairness, is relatively great for maps like ufo, chateau, axis complex, etc.

Maybe the community, mainly the people who use forums should put up a vote on which maps they'd like to see and throw them into the mix for rotations.

Getting on, and seeing a map other than beach gives interest to those who dislike the map and creates population for the server.

Yes, there will be times that a map comes along that everyone dislikes and people will quit. However, as of lately. People really like the rotation idea, regardless of player count.

Postby krazykaze » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:36 am

I would love to see the 1.42 iortcw patch used on the server. It will do automatic downloads to clients at modern speeds rather than 3 kb/sec. That way if we do have a custom map people won't have to wait around or go download elsewhere. Plus the graphics are great using the new renderer. The only downside is no PB, but really, is that really stopping anyone these days?

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:00 am

I do want to move to iortcw but I have to make some custom changes to it first to make it work with the admin / stats scripts.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:38 pm

B wrote:There are maps on no one wants to play and then the server empties.

I remember one of my first posts here, from way back when predicting when Wolf will eventually even not be able to overcome a 24/7 Beach server. My suggestion was to pick up to 4-6 maps to rotate, and then do a best-of-5 format for the maps that are quick to win if you get the docs (like Ice).
We could do a best-of-5 Beach, then a normal Keep, then a best-of-5 Ice, then a normal Assault, then a best-of-5 Chateau, for example.

I know even from 2008 that suggestions mostly are never implemented in Wolf, unless the admin has it already in mind (then you can call it support). But I think this idea would be a compromise from having to either play Beach all the time, or be rotated to maps that peeps don't want to play.

Idea 2: B, you could start a poll to see which maps those players would vote on. Of course, the players left playing are not all registered here, but they could always follow the URL on the bottom of the load screen for ECG :)

Thanks!

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein