Do You Need To Get Your Wolf Fix???

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Do You Need To Get Your Wolf Fix???

Postby The Fat Fury » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi all, Fat Fury here. If you want to get your wolf fix but there is no one on the server yet, or you are a Euro and no one is up yet. We get some great games going on S4ndmod-Dual Objective server in the mean time.

It's a bot server but it has next generation bots ((you would have difficultly telling that they are bots at all in many cases, it's alot like playing with real people (and in some cases better revives from bots :p) ). In addition to that, there are at least 50 regulars that I've met so far, and there are more showing up every day, so we get some awesome games going. It's pretty much like playing on the stacked team every game. :ar15:

There seems to be a 40/60 split between North American and Euro players > States, Canada, Bulgaria, Romania, Argentina, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom are a few I've met so far. The server is in Chicago so it gives many a wicked ping, I'm getting 17-26 :o. So more often than not, there is at least one person on 24 hours a day, and others will often join when they see someone else on already as well. It's not uncommon to get as many as 9 or so on at one time, and with the bots to round it out to a full server, you can get some kick ass games going.

Most of us like to play on the same team so we can tear it up, but a few enjoy the challenge of fighting a team of humans.

S4ndmod has taken many of the best settings from many mods and put them all together, so it has all the stuff you are used to +salute/can kicking etc plus some you aren't used to like mines. It also has shotguns and FG42s for weapons. There is a wide rotation with some maps you probably haven't seen, but they only take seconds to download from the server while you are playing.

I don't think you can on play S4ndmod servers (could be wrong) without going to http://www.s4ndmod.com/wordpress/category/punkbuster-2/ and installing the Punkbuster Client. Make sure you install it in a new SEPARATE folder. IT WILL WRITE OVER YOUR WOLF FOLDER if you aren't careful, beware. Put it in a new one.

It's pretty slick, it sets itself up and even populates the master list for you with the 5 different servers available > (Dual Objective, Death Match, Rotation, 24/7 Beach, Panzer Party). We play on the Dual Obj one.

All you have to do is copy/paste your wolf config from here, into the s4ndmod config, and you are ready to go.

So anyway, if you are anything like me and need to get your Wolf fix, this does the trick for me. Sometimes a little too well, I often join with the intention of playing for an hour or so and the next thing I know the sun is up. :o

It's alot of fun > look for The Fat Fury. See you later :D

Re: Do You Need To Get Your Wolf Fix???

Postby The Fat Fury » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Hey Shaz, I see you already made your way onto the server, I'll join you in a minute. :D

The IP for S4ndmod servers - Updated 5/16/16

Dual Objective is > 198.144.177.2:27960 - NO Friendly Fire - Tons of new maps - Voting enabled for specific map and next map - many regulars that play at different times

Rotation IP > 198.144.177.2:27962 - Friendly Fire On - Tons of new maps - Challenging Bots

24/7 Beach IP > 198.144.177.2:27961

Deathmatch IP > 198.144.177.2:2790

Panzer Party IP > 198.144.177.2:27964
Last edited by The Fat Fury on Mon May 16, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Napoleon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:22 am

Why do i have to download the PB file if it is already on my RTCW folder?

and i add the ip that you post but doesnt show me the server only this 2

Is it possible only get on to the server and automatic donwload the omnibot mod?

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby The Fat Fury » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:12 am

Napoleon wrote:Why do i have to download the PB file if it is already on my RTCW folder?

I don't think it is just Punkbuster, it's it the whole S4ndmod client + it's PB.

S4ndmod is 1.0, so I don't think you can use your 1.41 protocol to play it from your regular ECG game. I tried joining the server without downloading the Punkbuster/S4ndmod Client from their website, and I could connect for a
second, then I would get turfed.

It installs a version of Quake3 on your PC that it uses to play S4ndmod.

I think it must have set up my masterlist and everything because I installed it over top of an existing copy of Wolf. So maybe it won't show for you.

Instead of using the masterlist, try connecting directly with
/connect 74.121.181.101:27960

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:31 pm

What's with the yellow?

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:51 pm

What are you talking about?

Postby Casey » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:47 am

Heh, I like yellow :DD :pilot:

RTCW Admin

Postby likethat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 pm

I see

Postby Casey » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:31 am

The IP for S4ndmod servers - Copied from above post Updated 5/16/16

Dual Objective is > 198.144.177.2:27960 - NO Friendly Fire - Tons of new maps > many regulars that play at different times

Rotation IP > 198.144.177.2:27962 - Friendly Fire On - Challenging Bots

24/7 Beach IP > 198.144.177.2:27961

Deathmatch IP > 198.144.177.2:2790

Panzer Party IP > 198.144.177.2:27964
Last edited by Casey on Mon May 16, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby krazykaze » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:22 am

I really wish 1.0 folks would just upgrade to 1.4 so we have a bigger player pool. The 1.0 drop weapon reload crap sucks.

Postby krazykaze » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:01 am

I installed the S4ndmod PB for 1.0 so I could play on the Dual Obj server. It's strange. It removed my wolfmp.exe file and created one called quake3.exe? I'm glad I had the original one backed up. I simply renamed the quake3 one to wolfmp and it works. Just posting this in case someone else has the same issue.

Postby nosy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:24 pm

krazykaze wrote:I installed the S4ndmod PB for 1.0 so I could play on the Dual Obj server. It's strange. It removed my wolfmp.exe file and created one called quake3.exe? I'm glad I had the original one backed up. I simply renamed the quake3 one to wolfmp and it works. Just posting this in case someone else has the same issue.

Renaming to quake3.exe actually used to fix a problem with ATI drivers. It was even part of the standard support procedure for s4ndmod pb:
http://www.s4ndmod.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=48

It might not be a useful trick anymore, and it never really applied if you were on nvidia

Postby murkey » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:40 pm

krazykaze wrote:I really wish 1.0 folks would just upgrade to 1.4 so we have a bigger player pool. The 1.0 drop weapon reload crap sucks.

They won't upgrade ever. It's kind of a good thing they don't. The 1.4 community is much more toxic compared to 1.0 and if they move to 1.4 they would just play for a while then either quit rtcw completely or migrate back to 1.0. People who play 1.4 seem to think they are #1 in the world and no one can beat them when someone comes out of 'no where.' Even though they've been playing the game for just as long as them just in a different mode. I'm glad the 1.0 community is still alive and strong.

Postby The Fat Fury » Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Hallo ECG nuts, I just wanted to let you know I updated the IP addresses for all the S4ndmod servers listed in this thread today. You'll have to go S4ndmod.com to get the mod, but please read the above information in this thread carefully before installing it. Place the mod in it's own brand new folder, separate from your Wolf folder. You can go to the 'Punkbuster' tab @ S4ndmod.com, and that should install both the S4ndmod and it's PB client that you will need to play it, all in 1 step (hopefully) . I haven't downloaded the client in awhile, but when I did it was pretty much idiot proof if I recall correctly. That should get things rolling I think, but again, please read above thread first thanks :)

I just came from a game on Dual Obj 2pm ESTish, with 4 or 5 of the regulars that play a lot together on > it was some of the best close combat support teamwork I've seen in a long time :O, plus it's a hell of alot of fun hehe. :gamer1: Anyway, if you want to play while killing some time waiting for the server, or the EURO's aren't up yet <<Slackers, stop by :))

Take care for now, The Fat Fury.

:D

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein