Looking to get back into RTCW or ET

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Looking to get back into RTCW or ET

Postby Raiser » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Hey guys this is Raiser. The main clans I was in ^oOo^ Three Ring Circus, [RC] Raiders Coven, TV Tribal Valor, }={ells gate, King* Forgotten Kings and S*courge. I was a Medic, Lieutenant and a Panzerfaust for these teams. I am looking to get back involved into gaming. I really do miss playing this game either RTCW or ET. I would like to play at nights but only if people actually still play this game. I downloaded the ET game last night and played for a while but it was against Bots. I still have a pretty decent shot going 61-20 and 58-25, just saying it didnt take long for me to get my shot back as well as fall in love with the game again. So before I decide to reinstall RTCW or re download ET i just want to make sure people still play this game as in like there is a community for RTCW or ET. What are some IRC channels I can like idle in and keep up with the community of either RTCW or ET? I remember it used to be #wolfpug but that was a couple of years ago. If anyone can help me with this then please let me know. Feel free to send me a private message or comment from my post. Thanks guys, RTCW was some of the best years of my life and I will always remember those times. :ar15: :gamer1: :pilot: :neo:

RTCW Admin

Re: Looking to get back into RTCW or ET

Postby EurO » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Welcome back Raiser! The funny thing is that you can still play RTCW pretty much nightly, and we had 22 people on tonight for over 2 hours! I only play around 4-10PM EST, but have seen some European people on in the late morning/early afternoon. You might encounter some problems with your RTCW install, but nothing that you can't get past, I'm sure. Look forward to seeing you on the killing fields!

Postby Raiser » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:10 pm

Thanks for the welcome back Eur0.

I was able to play a little while tonight, there were only like 10 guys playing on the server and it was shrub I don't really like shrub. An old buddy of mine KrazyKaze told me something about how he sometimes plays on the 1.0 Chicago DM server. I would like to check that out so my question is how do i make a 1.0/1.3 and then be able to hold onto my setup that I have for the ECGN 1.41 RTCW directory? I am already good to go for the ECGN shrub pubbing but I would like to see what this 1.0 Chicago DM server is all about. I have been looking online for a 1.0 or 1.3 patch or something I could download and place in my RTCW folder but as a separate directory but I haven't found anything that can help me. If you or anyone else knows what I am talking about then please let me know. Once again I am trying to have two separate directories, 1.0/1.3 so I can play on the Chicago DM Server as well as hold on to or keep my 1.41 for the ECGN Shrubbing Pubs.
:comando: :hang3: :flame: :suicide: :redface:

Thanks again,

Michael.

RTCW Admin

Postby EurO » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:35 pm

I'm sure that there are guys here that play 1.0 as well as 1.4, so they will be able to answer better. But a long time ago on a computer far, far away, I had both 1.0 and 1.4 avaliable. I used two separate copies of RTCW for each. I patched up the 1.4 completely, and left the 1.0 stock. That might seem too simple an answer, but it's all I got tonight! :)

Postby Tragic » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:10 am

Raiser wrote:Thanks for the welcome back Eur0.

I was able to play a little while tonight, there were only like 10 guys playing on the server and it was shrub I don't really like shrub. An old buddy of mine KrazyKaze told me something about how he sometimes plays on the 1.0 Chicago DM server. I would like to check that out so my question is how do i make a 1.0/1.3 and then be able to hold onto my setup that I have for the ECGN 1.41 RTCW directory? I am already good to go for the ECGN shrub pubbing but I would like to see what this 1.0 Chicago DM server is all about. I have been looking online for a 1.0 or 1.3 patch or something I could download and place in my RTCW folder but as a separate directory but I haven't found anything that can help me. If you or anyone else knows what I am talking about then please let me know. Once again I am trying to have two separate directories, 1.0/1.3 so I can play on the Chicago DM Server as well as hold on to or keep my 1.41 for the ECGN Shrubbing Pubs.
:comando: :hang3: :flame: :suicide: :redface:

Thanks again,

Michael.

1.33 is no longer being used, or has servers for that matter. Last time I checked that is, there was no servers.

1.4 still has ECGN shrub and the occasional OSP pug nights. crossbreed and birdz still try to play most weeks at least once on OSP.(N/A teams)

1.0 has DM servers. Mainly AOD(eu) and Chicago(NA)

Whether your looking to play 1.0, or 1.4. There is stand alone downloads out there now, and you don't have to pay to play rtcw. Try this!
http://www.pub.rtcwmp.com/rtcw/1.0/rtcwMPclient.zip

p.s. Remember - you may need to update master server patch. So go here!
http://www.s4ndmod.com/wordpress/tag/master-server/

Postby Raiser » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Thanks guys for your help, I am back and been playing on both the 1.0 Chicago DM it actually turned into Objective with map rotation on last night such as Ice, Sub, Village, Assualt, Castle, Chateau, Frostbite, Tundra but then after a couple of hours the admin put it back to DM as well as playing on the 1.4 ECGN Beach 24/7 server. I now have two versions of RTCW in two different folders for the 1.0 and 1.4. I will be playing a lot more now, I even have a sick config that I tweaked up by adding some Classes and Spawnpoints. I'll see everyone on either the Chicago DM or ECGN server.

Shoutout to Mike, AKA -Tv- Krazykaze for helping me with everything. If anyone needs help getting back to gaming my advice is to ask him because he just went through all of it it with me.

I'll catch yall on the servers! :)

Mike.

Postby Raiser » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:41 pm

LOL at this, ECGN forums brought me back :gamer1:

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein