twitch.tv

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

Re: twitch.tv

Postby Tragic » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:58 pm

B wrote:
Tragic wrote:Just bumping as I've not received an explained reason as to why. If someone can please explain why, I won't reply after this.
You probably won't get one. His server, his rules.

I understand it's his server, that still doesn't answer my question though.

If it's his 'rules' then why is it so hard for an explanation? I'm just wondering why, I won't be upset or anything. What benefit does anyone lose or gain if my name is "twitch.tv/rtcw_tragic"?

Why would you not want to see people on twitch playing on ECGN, that helps with populating, or even getting new people to come play? Lol.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:17 am

Two reasons:

1.) It tends to detract from team play in favor of personal stats, etc.

2.) It basically acts as a link/advertisement for another site/service that we have no association with and/or control over what they do with user data.

This server is up for the sake of the community and not for individual players.

That's the reason for it.

It may not stay that way forever. It will probably not be enforced when the Punkbuster stuff goes away. But for now that's how it is and will remain.

Postby Tragic » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks for finally giving me a response, all I was asking for.

1. If you've ever seen my stats, or have seen me play. You would know I'm a big team player, whether it be revives, objs, gibs, etc. Here's my current stats at ecgn: http://stats.ecgnetwork.co/rtcwstats/pl ... 8D9E&key=1 (keep in mind my cfg messed up, and the stats are all over and incorrect) if you were to compare with other players stats currently there, you'd see I have more vives or gibs than most. I'm all around player, not how many HS I can get.

2. If you've ever used twitch, you'd see that they don't allow advertising on streams. There are bots setup that you cannot spam links/unwanted links, which I have setup.

Isn't it individual players like myself, who make up whats left of this "community". I don't understand that sentence. Considering I play at ecgn, more then most, including yourself.

There are pros/cons to everything & I don't see that many cons when using a "IGN" like the one I mentioned. If you look at any other popular game, whether it be dirtybomb, cod, battle field, cs, etc. You will notice EVERY twitch user has the name setup so people can check out twitch and/or their channel. I'm not here to promote my channel in any way, I'm here to ask why we can't use specific names. Yet you can use names in game such as 'BIGFLOPPYDONKEYDICK' but you won't get kicked for that? Haha, cmon man.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:39 pm

smh

you got the explanation that wasn't owed then proceed to moan...

Postby Tragic » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:00 pm

xdeadeye1 wrote:smh

you got the explanation that wasn't owed then proceed to moan...

That wasn't owed? He's the admin/owner of the server, whom else am I to ask this question? Msb told me to post here, and that's what I did.

If it's that big of a deal to some, I can continue this manner in PM. As it's clearly butt hurting some people.

RTCW Admin

Postby xdeadeye1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:00 am

My point being:

It's MAA's server we are lucky to have it.

Its his. You asked, were told you probably wouldn't get an answer . You got one,, " its not allowed"

Pressed for a better " Canadian" answer,,,
Promise you just didn't understand.

He gives his answer which WASNT OWED,,,,

And you keep going on why you disagree...

That's my point.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:44 am

Relax...No need to blast the guy for asking. Not a big deal.

Frankly, it's not something I feel is a big issue.

Just putting out the reason it was added in there in the first place.

I don't have any problem with people asking about server settings and neither should you.

Postby caffeine » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:01 pm

are you able to lower the damage given by a throwing knife? they deal too much damage. should be similar to a single bullet from pistol. kids nowadays abusing it...

Postby Tragic » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:08 pm

xdeadeye1 wrote:My point being:

It's MAA's server we are lucky to have it.

Its his. You asked, were told you probably wouldn't get an answer . You got one,, " its not allowed"

Pressed for a better " Canadian" answer,,,
Promise you just didn't understand.

He gives his answer which WASNT OWED,,,,

And you keep going on why you disagree...

That's my point.

Honestly not sure whats been up your ass lately, but whatever it is you may want to remove it. As MAA said, I'm just asking. Stop flippin your shit over the littlest thing that has 0 to do with you.

Postby caffeine » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:48 pm

actually tragic deadeye's right.

-you asked why
-he said why
-you complained why what he said was wrong

Previous

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein