twitch.tv

Make sure to bring lots of med packs, our 64 player beach server is intense!

Moderators: RTCW Admins, Super Moderators, vB3 - Administrators

twitch.tv

Postby Tragic » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello. Msb told me to post about this here as I can't find a solution. I've been experimenting with twitch.tv lately with steam games, and now some rtcw. However, if I ever want to change my name to anything twitch related, I get a 2 minute kick. Only reason I want to change my name, is so that others can check out my twitch channel, or check out twitch in general. If this is 'disallowed' by all means disregard this post. I was just wondering why I couldn't as other games permit you to allow doing so.

example of name:

twitch.tv/rtcw_tragic

Re: twitch.tv

Postby Hayling » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:15 pm

I don't think Twitch TV take name changes anymore.

Postby Tragic » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Hayling wrote:I don't think Twitch TV take name changes anymore.

I mean't being in game on ECGN and doing /name twitch.tv/rtcw_tragic(which is my twitch) I get kicked automatically. Just wondering why, if it's something disallowed, let me know.

RTCW Admin

Postby MAN-AT-ARMS » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:40 pm

It is disallowed.

Postby Tragic » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:03 pm

MAN-AT-ARMS wrote:It is disallowed.

Then can you please tell me how others have done so & got away with it? Siluro had his name set to "twitch.tv/silurooo" or whatever it was & he never got kicked from what I recall. So why do I?

Also, why is it disallowed? Please explain. Thank you!

Postby paint:> » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:35 pm

It doesn't take much to get kicked on this server. Msb kicked me for creating a clan but she allows other clans to play on the server. I got kicked for mentioning admin abuse when she was flinging me and others around. Tragic is actually trying to advertise RTCW and the ecgn server on twitch and it's not allowed. Shame shame :bazooka: :alcoholic:

P.S. Msb will probably ban me on here and the server for mentioning this. :suicide: :flame: :comando:

Postby Tragic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 am

paint:> wrote:It doesn't take much to get kicked on this server. Msb kicked me for creating a clan but she allows other clans to play on the server. I got kicked for mentioning admin abuse when she was flinging me and others around. Tragic is actually trying to advertise RTCW and the ecgn server on twitch and it's not allowed. Shame shame :bazooka: :alcoholic:

P.S. Msb will probably ban me on here and the server for mentioning this. :suicide: :flame: :comando:

I'm not even trying to promote my own channel, I just want others who don't know about twitch to try it out and have some fun with it.

I just remember seeing another person have twitch.tv in their name, and they never got kicked. Msb said it's some kind of command, or setting that he used. Well, if he's allowed, why am I not allowed & what setting is it?

I've never once advertised anything on ecgn, and it's merely just a name(whether people even look at tab is beyond me).

I also don't see the harm in having people see me play, on ECGN. You never know, it can help boost activity if people see other streaming it.

I'm still awaiting on a response as to why it's disallowed.

Postby paint:> » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 pm

I agree. I think if you stream your RTCW play on twitch, it would help promote the server and the game. Let's face it, RTCW is dead. It won't hurt to have some game play streamed on a very popular site like Twitch. I bet the vast majority of people don't even know there are still active RTCW players. Maybe if they see that there still is a decent crowd playing, it'll being some players back. What if you advertise the ecgn server on your stream while you play, tragic?

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 pm

paint:> wrote:It doesn't take much to get kicked on this server. Msb kicked me for creating a clan but she allows other clans to play on the server. I got kicked for mentioning admin abuse when she was flinging me and others around. Tragic is actually trying to advertise RTCW and the ecgn server on twitch and it's not allowed. Shame shame :bazooka: :alcoholic:

What? Creating a clan? You talk nonsense and spam Chaka Kahn constantly. No one cares you wanna butt f*ck a player and how you find every guy who joins hot. Play or gtfo. You're a tool.

Postby paint:> » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:47 am

It's actually Shacka con... :trinity: :violin:

Postby Tragic » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:20 pm

B wrote:

What? Creating a clan? You talk nonsense and spam Chaka Kahn constantly. No one cares you wanna butt f*ck a player and how you find every guy who joins hot. Play or gtfo. You're a tool.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, or my questions. Please stay on topic guys. There is a PM feature. xD

I'd appreciate why it's disallowed. Where in the "rules" is this disallowed? Please show me.

RTCW Admin

Postby magus » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:45 am

Tragic wrote:This doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, or my questions. Please stay on topic guys.

Difficult to try and stay on topic when you have a troll spamming a combination of your ideas and his own gripes for playing like a dick on the server and getting punished for it. I'm talking about Paint.

Postby Tragic » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 am

magus wrote:
Tragic wrote:This doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, or my questions. Please stay on topic guys.

Difficult to try and stay on topic when you have a troll spamming a combination of your ideas and his own gripes for playing like a dick on the server and getting punished for it. I'm talking about Paint.

Haha, true. Just trying to get an explanation. Not a simple "it is disallowed" Ok, fine. It's disallowed. Fine by me, but can I have an explanation as to why? All I'm asking for.

Postby Tragic » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Just bumping as I've not received an explained reason as to why. If someone can please explain why, I won't reply after this.

RTCW Admin

Postby B » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Tragic wrote:Just bumping as I've not received an explained reason as to why. If someone can please explain why, I won't reply after this.
You probably won't get one. His server, his rules.

Next

Return to Return To Castle Wolfenstein